Footsteps Shake Ground And Deer Flee

georgerm

No Cotter and sorry........... and exact location is not available since we don't want to scare off the probable bigfoot.

Today, I spoke with the man who lives on site, and they heard something that laughed and sticks breaking in the brush. Noone was around, it was dark, and the gravel bar next to the river was empty. During the day there are usually a few fishermen around.

I told him to put out some small toys  and to get his tape recorder set up.

^ I understand.  I just thought I'd ask as there was a report along the rogue river (or was it the Klamath now that I think about it), of a fishing BF.  I have done some investigating in the rogue river area in years past.  That's why I was curious.  Not a big deal.  Good luck!

I know even a small herd of deer running can make the groud shake.  Enough to be felt in a camp trailer - I don't know.  But I was dang near run over by a small herd once and I felt them coming before I saw them.  And guess what?  There was no BF (or anything else for that matter) chasing them.  It was during hunting season and therefore more activity in their area than normal. 

But now that you say there was laughing, and sticks being broken and there are other fishermen in the area - that is my hypothesis - pranksters.  And I'm not even saying it was done intentionally.  I know I've taken Mrs Nod away from camp for some late night lovin', could very easily be a happy go lucky couple that spooked a herd of deer and was overheard "being happy".

Cotter, PM me and we can talk with more specifics. I hope the location becomes a habituation case. The man and wife are a little rattled.

I know even a small herd of deer running can make the groud shake.  The witness said it was bipedal. Enough to be felt in a camp trailer - I don't know.  But I was dang near run over by a small herd once and I felt them coming before I saw them.  And guess what?  There was no BF (or anything else for that matter) chasing them.  It was during hunting season and therefore more activity in their area than normal. 

But now that you say there was laughing, and sticks being broken and there are other fishermen in the area - that is my hypothesis - pranksters.  No people live with in 5 miles except for the witnesses. There's one way into and the watchmen witness lives there. He knows when people are around.  And I'm not even saying it was done intentionally.  I know I've taken Mrs Nod away from camp for some late night lovin', could very easily be a happy go lucky couple that spooked a herd of deer and was overheard "being happy".

I've run through the possible scenarios, and seems to point towards bigfoot but could be wrong.............20% chance of this.  Again the area has several reports, and I spoke with an eye witness who saw one about 3 miles from this area several years ago.

My first guess would be a deer drive. I know they can move very quit when they want to, so when you hear footsteps like that in my opinion it is deliberate.

Great point, I agree 100%,

There are reports that say it sounds like a bulldozer coming towards them and other times they can walk right up to you silent as a ninja...

• 2 weeks later...

The witnesses said the ground shook late at night several days back. No one lives in this area except the couple for a 3 mile radius.

I spoke with the witnesses yesterday since I was going salmon fishing. He and his wife said at 2 in the night, something slapped their van hard. They got up and looked around.

Yesterday, I looked all over in the mud for foot prints and none. Their van is parked in part grass and gravel with mud near by. How can bigfoot be in the area and not mess up and leave a foot print?

The river float trip was miserable. No fish, lots of rain but went through beautiful bigfoot country. I didn't get to the landing until dark. Would be nice to float at night with night vision goggles. 

There are three choices here:

they have pranksters

they are pulling my leg

they have bigfoot

Interesting but spooky. I see what they mean and I'm slightly rattled when I go to this area. Last night while floating the river, a low rumble came from the forest about 1 mile from this place. It sounded kind of mechanical. I feel like I'm over my head. What do you do then?

The Choctaws say "he walks above".

Do they pick and choose when they leave footprints?  Why are there prints and castings if he walks above?  If he does pick and choose, why leave any at all then?  These are serious questions.

I think most know my stance is that BF, if real, is a flesh and blood animal just like bears, deer, chipmunks and humans and therefore needs the same things - food, water, shelter and reproduction - in order to survive.  But I'm willing to entertain other ideas, but these other ideas riase more questions than answers sometimes. 

I don't know. The Choctaw said it, not me.

But apparently they can pick & choose. I've seen human-like tracks in snow, that appeared to be made by something that dropped out of the sky, ran a few steps & went back up. I don't have an explanation. Not even a good guess.

Georgerm, we all are after awhile.

That mechanical sound isn't as rare as you may think.

The witnesses said the ground shook late at night several days back. No one lives in this area except the couple for a 3 mile radius.

I spoke with the witnesses yesterday since I was going salmon fishing. He and his wife said at 2 in the night, something slapped their van hard. They got up and looked around.

Yesterday, I looked all over in the mud for foot prints and none. Their van is parked in part grass and gravel with mud near by. How can bigfoot be in the area and not mess up and leave a foot print?

The river float trip was miserable. No fish, lots of rain but went through beautiful bigfoot country. I didn't get to the landing until dark. Would be nice to float at night with night vision goggles. 

There are three choices here:

they have pranksters

they are pulling my leg

they have bigfoot

Why can there only be "3" choices? Why isn't misinterpretation or misunderstanding of the events unfolding around them be a possibility?

Because including such rational thought would make too much sense and go against the apparent mantra that *every unexplainable event is related to BF* theme.

Such mindset does a subject already struggling for credibility even more damage.

A little bit of critical thinking would seem needed but it isn't with some.

First make every effort to eliminate BF and try to attribute accounts to something else.

What is left over is what keeps me in the game.

Read the full thread and I'm open to logical conclusions.

Why can there only be "3" choices? Why isn't misinterpretation or misunderstanding of the events unfolding around them be a possibility?

Good point. Yes, let's add this as number 4. How would you interpret all of the observations and what has been stated so far?

Remember this is a very squachy are with thick forest, few ranch homes and a BF history that goes back to the 1800s. The snow covered hills are about 20 miles up the river and my theory is they come down near the lowlands and beaches in the winter.

I have several questions I'd like you to consider georgerm.  You state that the location is IN or just NEAR a canyon, with a river within a mile and mountains 35 miles away.  Is that correct?  I just want to ascertain that falling rocks off a foothill can be ruled out.

I would assume, but please clarify if this location has a hard packed (or sandy) soil likely on top of granite?  Or is it close enough to the river that the ground is soft, kind of bouncy?  The bouncy could be very location specific, so check all around the trailer.

How long has the couple lived at this location?  I know you said things started a couple months ago, so I'm assuming Septemberish.

Are there any mining operations anywhere near this location?  Any drilling operations?

What was the couple doing at 2am prior to hearing something slapping the van?  Was it just one slap or more than one?

Are there any trees adjacent to the trailer and buildings?  If so, what kind?  Any with nuts or pine cones?

What other animals besides deer do they see there?

Have you checked earthquake maps in conjunction with dates of reported audio events (earth movement, slapping sounds)? 

I'm not trying to say I think this is 'x' or 'y' because I don't have the specifics to make any kind of judgement.  I'm just pointing to some avenues of investigation to help you get unstuck from thinking you're in over your head.