Footsteps Shake Ground And Deer Flee

georgerm

Georgerm,

I went and looked a the USGS website for earthquakes that might account for your "rumbling" sound. Only one in the last 30 days in the state of Oregon met the 2.5 threshold. You might go check that site out and the day, time and epicenter information to see if it fits any of your investigative notes.

I have several questions I'd like you to consider georgerm.  You state that the location is IN or just NEAR a canyon, with a river within a mile and mountains 35 miles away.  Is that correct?  I just want to ascertain that falling rocks off a foothill can be ruled out. no falling rocks from low foot hills

I would assume, but please clarify if this location has a hard packed (or sandy) soil likely on top of granite?  Or is it close enough to the river that the ground is soft, kind of bouncy?  The bouncy could be very location specific, so check all around the trailer.  hard packed sand with shallow dirt

How long has the couple lived at this location?  I know you said things started a couple months ago, so I'm assuming Septemberish. don't know how long

Are there any mining operations anywhere near this location?  Any drilling operations? no mining

What was the couple doing at 2am prior to hearing something slapping the van?  Was it just one slap or more than one?  sleeping...........one slap

Are there any trees adjacent to the trailer and buildings?  If so, what kind?  Any with nuts or pine cones?  thick willow trees and brush.....no nuts or cones

What other animals besides deer do they see there?  beaver, raccoons, bear

Have you checked earthquake maps in conjunction with dates of reported audio events (earth movement, slapping sounds)? no........we have small earth quakes reported all the time and no sounds

I'm not trying to say I think this is 'x' or 'y' because I don't have the specifics to make any kind of judgement.  I'm just pointing to some avenues of investigation to help you get unstuck from thinking you're in over your head. 

I really can't think of what else it could be. I've read many reports of buildings getting slapped, and they usually report bigfoot. Until I find a foot print or they see what's doing this, the jury is out. There's good soil for foot prints so maybe one will show up. Seems like BFs like to leave people guessing and frustrated.

These people are really kind and have no guns so if it's a BF then it's probably testing them to see if it's safe being there or to make a relationship. Just don't know. I might go fishing there tomorrow and will see if anything new has occurred.

Edited by georgerm

• 4 weeks later...