2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Several sightings occurred at different times, the creature could also be seen through its peep hole. Vocalizations from the creature include a furious roar and growls which came from the same underground location, I can include that later, watch the documentary because it fills in allot of these blanks for me. As incredible as this sounds it was a Sasquatch living under a fir tree in some type of hole or cave or root cavern, but the spot had to be fairly big. This threw me for a loop as well...

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

That is interesting.   I have seen a place just like that under the root ball of a large tree.  But the access points, and there were several, were not large enough  for a bigfoot.   But something as big as a monkey could get in there.     Something was living in there because there was sign of recent access and it was very open inside.   Since it was within yards of an encounter location, I wondered at the time, if it was a safe location to stash a juvenile when the adults went hunting.   The openings were way too large for rabbits, squirrels, or any normal burrowing animal I am aware of.    Anyone know what sort of den a wolverine lives in?   I think they live in burrows too.   That would need a fairly large opening. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

Bears den in rootball depressions at times.

Adam and Lori had already broken up prior to completion of the book and he included that as well, his story is not changing because it was what took place, and fortunately Sykes was at the site long enough to realize this was no hoax or misidentification, her Father spent years documenting these specific creatures and passed the knowledge down to Lori and her brother

By the way, the kindle version is available for free if you sign up for a free 30 day trial of Kindle Unlimited at Amazon.co.uk. You can cancel the trial after reading the book and therefore pay nothing. Not sure if this is available in Amazon.com.

If the book is good and worth rereading in the future then it's obviously worth buying anyway.

Chapters 9 and 10 and some of 11 are pertinent to our discussion, but I am sure the rest of it is worth the read, as stated I have looked into this from several angles so I am drawing from several sources, the book gives the overview of the situation, while I think the documentary describes the situation in more detail.  So whatever the case may be it certainly represents one of the oddest discoveries imaginable.  Rhettman Mullis is also the a key player in all of this, and himself witnessed much of what was occurring at the site and holds to the account as accurate, George Knapp interviewed him on Coast to Coast not too long ago and he mentions in brief the significance of the Sykes encounter. Having looked at several You Tube interviews I have lost track to some degree of where I heard this or that, that does leave the possibility that I may be somewhat filling in the blanks or making my own assumptions, without out a doubt I may be skewing this according to my own personal mental perception, so please realize that all I intended by bringing this whole matter to the discussion was to make everyone aware of these events.

Moving on to Sykes book due out in April, formerly called "Yeti Enigma", now being titled 

"The Nature of the Beast: The First Scientific Evidence on the Survival of Apemen into Modern Times"

Well that has a better ring to it, given what I have presented here I wonder what will become of the book, and is the title change significant?  

"Researcher Rhettman Mullis provided an update on the search for Bigfoot and the latest research in the field. According to Mullis, Bigfoot activity increases in the fall as the creatures move down to lower elevations to feed before winter. Apple orchards are a popular destination, he noted. Mullis announced Dr. Bryan Sykes' upcoming book, Nature of the Beast: The First Scientific Evidence for the Survival of Apemen into Modern Times, which delves into the DNA analysis of a mysterious hair sample". 

The quote above is from the Coast to Coast Episode linked below,

https://members.premiereinteractive.com/pcd/egate?igate=OTk5ODkxMTA5JmlTZXNpZD0xMzE4MDM1NDk0X2tleT01YzE5MTI4OWU5NTMwMTFhZDc2MDZkYjQ2YTk5MTVhZg==

unfortunately it is a members only archive, so if you have a membership...I have because my wife listens to all of it.. to give you the skinny on the brief interview

Rhettman mentions our previously discussed situation with Sykes, Davies, and Simmons, and that Sykes will go into detail about what happened in his new book.

Rhettman then alludes to some hint of evidence that he cannot discuss till the book is released due to a NDA.  Well the above bold print fills in that blank for us as

he also mentions that he had discussed this with George off the air, thus the mysterious hair sample...

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

There is another candidate for BF.   The fairly recent discovery of the Denisovan finger bone in cave in Russia with good DNA shows that it interbred not only with humans but Neanderthals.  They all lived concurrently at one point.    The finger bone was very large and described as robust and from a female which suggests that the species could very well have been larger than modern humans and much taller than modern humans at the time.  .    6.5 to 7 foot has been estimated for a adult male Denisovan.      I heard a reference to a recent discovery that places the species as recently as 12,000 years ago.     It could very well have migrated to North America with the human migration at the same time.   Since the average male human height,  as recently as the middle ages was barely over 5 feet, humans have gotten significantly taller.   In my lifetime,  human women have gotten taller.    Now it is not that uncommon to see women over 6 feet tall.   When I was a kid you never saw a woman that tall.     If the ancestors of BF have gotten taller as humans have, then it is not unreasonable to assume that BF has gotten taller too.    That would certainly put it in the BF reported height range.     Perhaps what we see in the woods are the remnants of the Denisovan species.     If BF DNA is collected, that link would be very obvious.  

Denisovan might be a little too recent of an ancestor to account for the Sasquatch behavior, lack of tool use and clothing, and lack of use of fire.  The distant hominids seem to be more likely ancestors, but as you say we won't have anything to argue when DNA is finally obtained.  Maybe, just maybe, that is what is being referred to in my previous post, but after all I am the eternal optimist, mysterious hair sample has me curious though.

BFF Patron

Meldrum mentions lack of tool use as evidence to him that it is more likely ape than relic hominid. He may be right. But perhaps BF is successful in avoiding evidence of existence because it does not leave tools laying around. We certainly do not see them using tools other than rocks. He mentioned in one video that it could be they discarded previous physical culture for some reason known only to them.

The other factor is that so little is known about the Denisovan, that maybe they never got into tool, clothes, and fire. With only two Denisovan dig sites, much more is known about the Neanderthals. Since they and the Neanderthals lived concurrently in the same area, I do not know how one can figure out which group had which physical culture.

The underground bigfoot is a silly idea. Why would a bipedal primate that through evolution gained prodigious height also be subterranean in any capacity? A short squat bigfoot like a dwarf from fantasy with large fore-claws might make sense to be banging around in underground caverns.

Evidence on which these assumptions are based?

Bats *fly*.  Why would they be subterranean in any capacity?  Why would elephants, whose prodigious size prohibits them from using caves oh wait?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitum_Cave

*Why would humans ever use caves?*  Um.  Hum.

Assumptions don't fly in science.

Humans have lived underground in recent times and the change to above ground was related to new culture.

The saying goes: Before the white man came, Eskimo's lived underground and were warm. When the white man came, Eskimo's started to live above ground and they have not been warm since.

True.

Guest thermalman

That's a first. Living in Canada all my life, that's the first I've ever heard about Eskimos living warmly in permafrost? I'm intrigued, please elaborate with evidential support of your statement.

http://archive.news.softpedia.com/news/7-Things-About-Inuit-Eskimo-People-79073.shtml

http://www.greenland.com/en/about-greenland/culture-spirit/hunting-culture/dwellings-of-the-inuit-culture/

http://firstpeoplesofcanada.com/fp_groups/fp_inuit2.html

http://www.ecokids.ca/pub/eco_info/topics/first_nations_inuit/shelter.cfm

Edited by thermalman

Not that we can "know anything" at this point, but I think it would make perfect sense for a creature seeking to be 

hidden to use whatever means suitable to that end, including opportunities like caves, caverns, lava tubes, mine shafts,

and whatever is suitable to them in an area. If they discover such an opportunity, though they may have not used such

a place in the past, they might readily adapt to using it as that is the law of survival.