Bigfoot - Extreme Giants

Who are the Bigfoot giants? Do they exist? Is it a hoax? Please let everyone in this forum be the judge of it. Is it even possible to consider these gentle passive and curious giants standing in excess of twelve feet some place out there? What do you think? Some people believe as much and describe some of them as double the seven foot tall creature we heard so much about.  

Motorist, Bigfoot Extreme Size 16 Ft

September 1991

Ashland, Kentucky

The two witnesses had gone out one night in order to investigate a supposed haunted bridge in an isolated hilly area. As they looked around the area they heard rustling sounds coming from the woods about 50 yards away. They thought it was a deer so they decided to walk to a nearby abandoned barn to see what was in it. Suddenly there was loud deafening scream-roar-growl noise and they heard what sounded like heavy footsteps coming from the field adjacent to them. They then saw, running towards them, on what appeared to be somewhat on all fours, a massive creature with long shaggy hair. It stopped about 15 feet away and stood up and it had to have been at least 16 feet tall. They ran to their car and the creature apparently chased them. As they got to their car another vehicle was coming down the road, apparently scaring the creature away. They came back the next day and found some rather weird looking tracks or footprints in the field.

Source: R. Shaffner 

Bigfoot Extreme Size 15 Ft

August 1960

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada

Three workmen at the Bighorn Dam site claim they have seen a humanoid figure almost three times the size of an average man. Two of the men said they saw the figure, about fifteen feet tall, striding across a ravine. The third said it watching site from a hill. Indians believe there is a family of four of the creatures living in the area.

Source: Real encounters with beings that can’t exist, B.M. Nunnelly, p.54

Edited by Gumshoeye

It may have been theorized they can develop some sort of goiter, thyroid issues where they don't stop growing, not sure of the condition, and that is where the really tall ones come from. Yea, heard about the 15 footers.

I had this very discussion with Thomas Steenburg (in Search of Giants) over coffee this afternoon. In his extensive research in Alberta, he has come across several sightings of very tall creatures in the Bighorn Dam region, spanning several decades, then ending abruptly in the mid '80s. His first thought on this is that some of the sightings were from a point of view lower than the animal, and that angle could make the figure appear taller. The fact that the reports of extreme height ended in the '80s, with no more anomalous reports since, could also indicate that one or more very tall individuals really did inhabit the area, then died out, or went to even more remote areas, avoiding further encounters.

BTW, Thomas' 30+ years of research, mostly in print and audio formats, is in the process of being converted to digital files, and will soon be appearing online at his new website, Thomassteenburg.com , starting in the early part of the new year.

• Upvote 4

BCW – Did Thomas have a Giants Facebook page out there before  that cable show was produced? I have some pretty sobering reports coming out of Canada over the years. Thanks for the good post.

A witness in Texas told me of a twelve footer and showed me the spot so I could calculate the height.  Astonishing............

Thank you for the post Sunflower, I think I do recall reading a couple reports of some very tall creatures in Texas, and if I can locate again I'll post them here. If anyone comes across a report detailing a creature of excessive heights please feel free to post it here as well.   

Motorist Bigfoot Extreme Size 13

Johnson City, Tennessee

September 1956

A group of teenagers parked in an isolated area, were listening to the car radio when they noticed coming from behind a rise between them and the river a huge dark humanoid form that was coming towards them taking very long strides. The figure was estimated to have been at least 12 to 13 feet tall. The witnesses fled the area in a panic and did not return to the spot.

Source: Strange Magazine#6, Betty Y

Guest crabshack

Supposedly Ron Morehead and the crew that recorded the Sierra Sounds had come across a set of, something ridiculous like, 28" tracks around that campsite area.

Wonder how big that one was/is.

Hello Crabshack, I think it would be approximately 11.6 feet or the foot size multiplied by 5 and your answer divided by 12 inches per foot.  That is still a big one when you consider the average is around 7-8 feet.

BTW, Thomas' 30+ years of research, mostly in print and audio formats, is in the process of being converted to digital files, and will soon be appearing online at his new website, Thomassteenburg.com , starting in the early part of the new year.

Excellent news. Very much looking forward to these. Thanks for advising BCW.

Guest JiggyPotamus

One hypothesis I've put forward in the past has to do with what a normal person views as "tall." Most people would not be surprised to see someone who approached seven feet tall. Usually in the six foot range is normal, but is not seen as incredibly tall. Anything over seven feet and I believe that a witness would start using the descriptive phrase "very tall." But once you start getting over ten feet I am not sure that a person could adequately judge height, without having something to go back and measure. It is just not a height we have ever really seen before, at least not in an animal. We have no real reference. So I do believe that when a witness gives a description of something that is eight feet tall, they are at the very least saying that it was at least seven feet tall, or enough to have made an impression upon their mind in that regard.

So could the people claiming extraordinarily tall sasquatch be some of those people who are terrible judges of height? Or are they accurate in their estimations? Seeing as how most sasquatch appear to be in a certain range, this cannot be ruled out. But I also do not rule out the possibility that a sasquatch, perhaps with some glandular disorder, could grow to such a height. It would be extremely abnormal however. Sort of like we have people who have grown to incredible heights, but such individuals are few and far between. I do find myself wondering whether other primates, such as gorillas or chimps, have ever had such issues? If so, I think this would bolster the case, but even if they did not, this does not break the argument by any means. So I honestly do not know if bigfoot are growing to such heights, but I would not rule it out at this point.

One hypothesis I've put forward in the past has to do with what a normal person views as "tall." Most people would not be surprised to see someone who approached seven feet tall. Usually in the six foot range is normal, but is not seen as incredibly tall. Anything over seven feet and I believe that a witness would start using the descriptive phrase "very tall." But once you start getting over ten feet I am not sure that a person could adequately judge height, without having something to go back and measure. It is just not a height we have ever really seen before, at least not in an animal. We have no real reference. So I do believe that when a witness gives a description of something that is eight feet tall, they are at the very least saying that it was at least seven feet tall, or enough to have made an impression upon their mind in that regard.

So could the people claiming extraordinarily tall sasquatch be some of those people who are terrible judges of height? Or are they accurate in their estimations? Seeing as how most sasquatch appear to be in a certain range, this cannot be ruled out. But I also do not rule out the possibility that a sasquatch, perhaps with some glandular disorder, could grow to such a height. It would be extremely abnormal however. Sort of like we have people who have grown to incredible heights, but such individuals are few and far between. I do find myself wondering whether other primates, such as gorillas or chimps, have ever had such issues? If so, I think this would bolster the case, but even if they did not, this does not break the argument by any means. So I honestly do not know if bigfoot are growing to such heights, but I would not rule it out at this point.

Man’s ability measure is as old as mankind and the history of measurement predates our idea of old the practice is. As mankind progressed through various stages of history so did our sophistication. Of course that does not mean to suggest that everyone was so developed and adapted to this understanding. You brought up a good point Jiggy, I thought long and hard about the very same question: What is big, large, huge, extraordinarily large, and humongous and all the interesting adjectives used to describe size? The answer is there is no differentiation at least from what I could determine from reports I read unless it mentioned a numerical figure.  

Then I noticed that many used some point of reference like a tree limb, a gutter or top window sill and things of that nature they could measure with instruments to associate with their encounter. I suppose we cannot know for certain who or what figure is mere excited utterance and what figure is based on precise measurement because people don’t think like that under duress. On the hand if the encounter is shocking to an individual who in most cases I believe that is case, I can understand that the image is indelible and imprinted in their memory and not easily dismissed so they can and probably do use some sort of measuring instrument before they report it.  â€“ Just a thought.

Admin

I personally just can't believe a bipedal animal over 8 or 9 ft tall exists. There just isn't a natural niche for it as far as I can tell.

What is the natural advantage in the Americas that would select for such a species?

Edited by gigantor

I think most can be chalked up to adrenaline and heat of the moment snap judgements.

Although gigantism does exist in humans so it is possible, especially with a dwindling population and shallow gene pool, that inbeeding might result in reinforcement of recessive genes and more examples of gigantism.

Regardless, as with human "giants" longevity is severely diminished as mobility is hampered by the joint and heart problems coupled with extreme weight. These wouldn't live long after reaching maturity, especially with the increased caloric intake necessary to keep them active.

Edited by Enkidu

I came across a single report by some individuals or individual who claims they came upon a mangled corpse of a 7 or 8 foot Sasquatch while hiking or hunting and I am thinking, what could mangle a 7 or eight foot Sasquatch? Something greater than eight foot maybe? Their choice words as mangled, and not shot or poisoned struck me as being odd and thought I would include here in the interest of the forum readers. 

Hunters, Bigfoot Dead

Tarrytown, Georgia

An eight foot creature that appeared “mangled†was spotted near this location. Which leads one to wonder what could mutilate an eight foot tall monster.

Source: Weird Georgia, Jim Miles/ Gordon Strasenburgh, p47 

Bigfoot Extreme Size 14

Thursday, January 01, 1914

Sasquatch Still Feared by Indians

The Vancouver Daily Province

Do you believe in the existence of the Sasquatch? Few white men do, but the Indians a couple of generations back had no doubt of his existence, and some of these now living claim to have seen him. The Sasquatch is a wild man, 12 to 14 ft high, who makes his home in a cave somewhere near Port Douglas at the head of Harrison Lake. He is reported to have come originally from the Olympic range in Washington, and is regarded as the legendary enemy of the Chehalis Indians. How many of him there may be is not known, no census taker ever having been brave enough to make a cave-to-cave survey.

As reprinted in the BC Cryptozoology Club newsletter no. 2 August 1989

Edited by Gumshoeye