Bigfoot - Extreme Giants

I personally just can't believe a bipedal animal over 8 or 9 ft tall exists. There just isn't a natural niche for it as far as I can tell.

What is the natural advantage in the Americas that would select for such a species?

Maybe not now, but what about during the last glacial maximum?   

I've often wondered whether BF is just a human megafauna.    The other megafauna died off (among other reasons) because they did not adapt biologically as fast as the climate changed.   If BFs are as intelligent as I think they are, they were not trapped by the limited rate of biological change, they were able to recognize the problem and deliberately adapt their behavior and location.

MIB

• Upvote 1

I personally just can't believe a bipedal animal over 8 or 9 ft tall exists. There just isn't a natural niche for it as far as I can tell.

What is the natural advantage in the Americas that would select for such a species?

An animal of such immense proportions would need habitat to support an enormous amount of food and protein to sustain it.

Who are the Bigfoot giants? Do they exist? Is it a hoax? Please let everyone in this forum be the judge of it. Is it even possible to consider these gentle passive and curious giants standing in excess of twelve feet some place out there? What do you think? Some people believe as much and describe some of them as double the seven foot tall creature we heard so much about.  

Motorist, Bigfoot Extreme Size 16 Ft

September 1991

Ashland, Kentucky

The two witnesses had gone out one night in order to investigate a supposed haunted bridge in an isolated hilly area. As they looked around the area they heard rustling sounds coming from the woods about 50 yards away. They thought it was a deer so they decided to walk to a nearby abandoned barn to see what was in it. Suddenly there was loud deafening scream-roar-growl noise and they heard what sounded like heavy footsteps coming from the field adjacent to them. They then saw, running towards them, on what appeared to be somewhat on all fours, a massive creature with long shaggy hair. It stopped about 15 feet away and stood up and it had to have been at least 16 feet tall. They ran to their car and the creature apparently chased them. As they got to their car another vehicle was coming down the road, apparently scaring the creature away. They came back the next day and found some rather weird looking tracks or footprints in the field.

Source: R. Shaffner 

Bigfoot Extreme Size 15 Ft

August 1960

Rocky Mountain House, Alberta, Canada

Three workmen at the Bighorn Dam site claim they have seen a humanoid figure almost three times the size of an average man. Two of the men said they saw the figure, about fifteen feet tall, striding across a ravine. The third said it watching site from a hill. Indians believe there is a family of four of the creatures living in the area.

Source: Real encounters with beings that can’t exist, B.M. Nunnelly, p.54

Ashland Kentucky is a mountainous heavily forested area that has miles and miles of undeveloped land. That area and on into West Virginia is perfect territory for any large species to hide and thrive. The area is rich with wildlife and has many rivers and streams throughout that entire  area.

Moving up and down in forest mountains, it would be a good advantage, because they only have 2 legs.

I agree with Jiggy, in that most anything over a foot taller than the person reporting the incident would look giant.

Just as Shaq would look scary-big to most of us, a hairy creature (that does not exist) would look even more menacing and it may be human nature (when scared) to overestimate the size of the threat.

Just as humans can very in size from 4' to 7'+, it makes sense that Squatches could have the same genetic variations.

However, based on the original post, I see no evidence of any type of measurements (such as against a hanging tree limb) which would seem to point to unqualified and unsubstantciated height estimates by the people making the original reports.

A small squatch is not going to survive, you need to be big to be a successful forest-hominid. The top end variation might come with age, or some sort of genetic issue, or something else. The big ones are rarely sighted, they might be more shy than the 8 footers. So the question is, what is the 'normal' size for an older adult male? As 'grey' haired males (older) ones have been seen being only 8', the tall ones may be some sort of % anomaly, like, 15% of males get past 12ft or something.

I agree … for the same reasons that large trophy Buck deer is rarely seen and when they are, it’s usually in remote isolated places where they are comfortable and usually around dusk.

Would near human plus testosterone explain a number of differences? One, two hundred k ago a significant hormone change in a population, hormone change was successful enough at the time to produce a small isolated population? Speculation here for sure.

Guest crabshack

A small squatch is not going to survive, you need to be big to be a successful forest-hominid. The top end variation might come with age, or some sort of genetic issue, or something else. The big ones are rarely sighted, they might be more shy than the 8 footers. So the question is, what is the 'normal' size for an older adult male? As 'grey' haired males (older) ones have been seen being only 8', the tall ones may be some sort of % anomaly, like, 15% of males get past 12ft or something.

Found this online

standard deviation implies that 99.73 percent (± 3 S.D.) of the footprints of the population are going to fall between 6.3†and 24.9â€

image004.jpg

image031.gif

http://www.bfro.net/REF/THEORIES/WHF/FahrenbachArticle.htm

Edited by crabshack

not trying to rain on the parade, and yes its probably considered an estimate.........but wouldn't a computed table using BF foot length to determine height, chest and weight  actually need a foot , chest etc.  to measure to be computed accurately ?

going by a track for   body measurements of an unknown ( officially anyways ) seems dodgy at best, even if a known animal like a gorilla is used for comparison we still have an unknown....assuming can ( and usually does ) come back to bite us...... and we've been bitten too many times, imo.

I agree … for the same reasons that large trophy Buck deer is rarely seen and when they are, it’s usually in remote isolated places where they are comfortable and usually around dusk.

well, fwiw, ...  many bucks are killed before their prime, and the rut can change everything with increased daylight travel and sightings of bucks you never see otherwise.

almost stands to reason that we'd see males and female BF acting goofy too  whenever they mate..... maybe some reports of it, but not like its a regular thing.

and yes  cotter and rockape, if so , perhaps we'll see footage of the  well documented purple glow ;)

I think they can use Patty for a baseline, they know height, and have casts, but thats a female, but probably close to what a male would be.

So 24" is the largest footprint in casts, but I have heard stories, and one bad video of the giant BF over 12 ft tall.

Edited by Wag

not trying to rain on the parade, and yes its probably considered an estimate.........but wouldn't a computed table using BF foot length to determine height, chest and weight  actually need a foot , chest etc.  to measure to be computed accurately ?

going by a track for   body measurements of an unknown ( officially anyways ) seems dodgy at best, even if a known animal like a gorilla is used for comparison we still have an unknown....assuming can ( and usually does ) come back to bite us...... and we've been bitten too many times, imo.

well, fwiw, ...  many bucks are killed before their prime, and the rut can change everything with increased daylight travel and sightings of bucks you never see otherwise.

almost stands to reason that we'd see males and female BF acting goofy too  whenever they mate..... maybe some reports of it, but not like its a regular thing.

and yes  cotter and rockape, if so , perhaps we'll see footage of the  well documented purple glow ;)

Thanks Doc, lots of animals of all species are struck down for many causes before their prime but it still doesn’t seem to inhibit their grown a bit either. The “trophy deer†theme in my post was meant to illustrate a single example of one type of animal that exists largely from staying clear of and avoiding predators and other hazards that shorten its existence. I know you know that but wanted to make it clear for the benefit other forum viewers that may not have thought of that angle.