Campsite Destroyed

Gum, you have played the devil's advocate quite well :devil:!  It keeps everyone on their toes.

It seems we've looked at just about every angle of this Torn Up Camp report.  I would suggest everyone check out the SC podcasts featuring Garrett, in addition to just the video, if they haven't already.  It adds another element.  For me anyway, he seems so sincere.  I think folks would find it interesting to hear some of his other tales.  Even if you don't believe them, he spins a great yarn!      

^

What this illustrates, at least to me, is that there is a great deal of agreement between me and you - a lot more than we are stirred to examine. Instead, we are moved by passionate rebuttal to dislike and oppose each other’s views as misinformed because their opinion is different from your own...  Misinformation is most often in the eye of the beholder. You either see it or recognize it, or you don’t.  Nowadays, we tend to see everything is just "entertainment" while skimming over the importance of the message.   

Edited by chelefoot
Removed quote of previous post

Guest Divergent1

Gum, you have played the devil's advocate quite well :devil:!  It keeps everyone on their toes.

It seems we've looked at just about every angle of this Torn Up Camp report.  I would suggest everyone check out the SC podcasts featuring Garrett, in addition to just the video, if they haven't already.  It adds another element.  For me anyway, he seems so sincere.  I think folks would find it interesting to hear some of his other tales.  Even if you don't believe them, he spins a great yarn!      

Yes indeed he has! I think I'll go check out those podcasts now, are they free?

Cisco

This statement is very profound, You are absolutely correct. This forum would be a command of robots with no thought until imputed.

SB, thanks and it's important we all take that to heart on any thread in which only one side of the story is being told. Gum has defended the Garret claims and this has caused us to look into it closer and we've discovered more parts of this story. I for one have not changed my mind but I'm much better informed than I was. Airdales clarification of the 45 shells and another camp sight, just adds another layer of complexity to this story. However, it's Wes' future that will ultimately shed light on all of this. A move into a bigger venue would explain the need to create sensationalism and including Garret as his field expert would also shed light on Garret's motives.

Only time will tell and, until something shakes loose, it will remain a matter of debate.

I will say that I'm impressed with Wes' abilities as a marketer and promoter. He knows how to spin a great tale and captivate an audience. The Finding Bigfoot team could learn quite a bit from him and if they don't change their storyline, he'll soon be replacing them.

Would there be any public record of Garrett being charged with anything?

Where is Wes, he seems to have disappeared? Maybe he can tell us.

How about Shannon, she was there also when the ''logs were thrown'' and other stuff, yet she quit on Sas Chronicles.

Anyways, when someone is outed like that, you know you all need to pony up the $$$$$   :wild: 

$20, $40, $1000, friggin whoopi, Im friggin rich!! :kingxmas::music:

^^^

Evening Wag, sure there would be record if there were an actual arrest but it does not guarantee anyone would find it or if there were any charges. What charges could he face? Taking photos of something he should not have?

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gumshoeye, Youtube is  full of  police officers threatening folks and making their lives miserable without charging them with anything. Personally, I don't know what or if things happened as presented, but I did look at the first video, then second video and Garrett never mentioned any body or bodies. I guess that caused me to put on my skepticals on this story. I want to believe the story, the guy sounds sincere talking about the harassment he perceived or received. At this point though, I just don't know what to make of this. Soon enough another story like this will pop up and we can start the debate all over again - LOL

Gumshoeye, Youtube is  full of  police officers threatening folks and making their lives miserable without charging them with anything. Personally, I don't know what or if things happened as presented, but I did look at the first video, then second video and Garrett never mentioned any body or bodies. I guess that caused me to put on my skepticals on this story. I want to believe the story, the guy sounds sincere talking about the harassment he perceived or received. At this point though, I just don't know what to make of this. Soon enough another story like this will pop up and we can start the debate all over again - LOL

Thanks for this post. I completely agree, in most cases they aren’t so complicated and as far as another one popping up shortly, I couldn’t agree more strongly. So much to discover, and so much to learn.

If you tried to or actually got through S C ep 104, I got about 4 minute in before I turned it off, maybe for good.

Ran the train off the tracks, good lordy..

Can they recover?

Really, the BF world is such a clown-show now, there is too much non-sense going on.

SasChron sounds like its toast. We'll see if they can recover.

I'm getting burned out on all the BF nonsense clown-show carnival. Gotta get off the merry-go around for a while I think.

they're tossing back a few....by SC 105.....they are slurring ad nauseam..... :beerhat:  they even had the punny name throwback part 1 and 2... :laugh:

Edited by clubbedfoot

It would be pretty boring if all we seen on You Tube were people threatening and cursing police officers all day and night long 24 hours a day and seven days a week wouldn't it. It’s just part and parcel of the deal. You Tube in and of itself is just entertainment.

Turning back toward the Bob Garrett event supposing there were physical trace evidence to be found on scene, whatever there may have been completely contaminated and destroyed by unwitting, untrained, unauthorized people walking through it and disturbing things.   

If it was a suspected crime scene, you secure and protect the scene above all else and call for help. If we were to walk inside that area knowing that something may have occurred, we run the risk of arrest for tampering with evidence. - Just Saying

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest Divergent1

I'm probably too ignorant of the sequence of events to judge, but I don't see how what a policeman would have done is relevant to what this Garrett guy may or may not have done. Does he work in law enforcement?

^

What this illustrates, at least to me, is that there is a great deal of agreement between me and you - a lot more than we are stirred to examine. Instead, we are moved by passionate rebuttal to dislike and oppose each other’s views as misinformed because their opinion is different from your own...  Misinformation is most often in the eye of the beholder. You either see it or recognize it, or you don’t.  Nowadays, we tend to see everything is just "entertainment" while skimming over the importance of the message.   

And I debated on responding to this, but since it ties in with my above request, I'll ask it. Are you saying that this incident is just rehashed misinformation or are you saying that the SC guys tend to present their stories without evidence for their validity, i.e. misinformation?

I'm probably too ignorant of the sequence of events to judge, but I don't see how what a policeman would have done is relevant to what this Garrett guy may or may not have done. Does he work in law enforcement?

And I debated on responding to this, but since it ties in with my above request, I'll ask it. Are you saying that this incident is just rehashed misinformation or are you saying that the SC guys tend to present there stories without evidence for their validity, i.e. misinformation?

Garrett claimed to have been harassed, had his Facebook and YouTube channel hacked and or deleted (MIB?). He also said police or people working directly with or for the Gubment ran him and then later his wife off the road. Helicopters were said to shadow his team in the woods. It's all on SC.

Guest Divergent1

Do I have to pay to listen?

It seems to me that records for air traffic (flight patterns) would be in the public domain. Wouldn't it be easy to establish whether helicopters were in the area when they say they were?

Honestly, my court of opinion says this is hogwash.

And I debated on responding to this, but since it ties in with my above request, I'll ask it. Are you saying that this incident is just rehashed misinformation or are you saying that the SC guys tend to present their stories without evidence for their validity, i.e. misinformation?

Leaving the guys over at Sasquatch Chronicles out of the equation for moment because I really don’t know enough about them to comment other than they hosted Mr. Garrett and stated they would follow up on his claim. The entire event that Garrett claims occurred, from the nighttime video-taping to the predicate series of mishaps and misfortunes that befell him sent up red flags with me. That is classical and that’s the way it’s done beneath and below veneer of the public eye. What we hear about or don’t hear about speaks for itself. 

In so far as Garrett goes, I don’t know what he observed as I stated previously but we all pretty much know what he stated during his video and his interview proceeding the event.

To answer your question directly, I illustrated how misinformation is spun and disseminated in one painstakingly hypothetical example earlier in this thread, and commented on timeliness of all the travails that seemed to surface following Garrett’s expose coincidentally and not before.   

I'm not sure I understand your first question, does who work in law enforcement? Garrett? If that's your question the only connection with that surname in law enforcement I'm familiar with was the man responsible for setting up Billy the Kid, the old western gunslinger.  In that case I am not even certain if they spell their last names the same.

Why pay anything for hogwash when you can listen for free?  That's the beauty of it, I wouldn't pay and have not paid anything but my time and effort to listen and then I am not a regular loyal listener either.

Edited by chelefoot
Remove long empty space