Campsite Destroyed

Guest diana swampbooger

Gosh, Wag, I'm sorry you think people's emotions should be dismissed when encountering the over-dramatic Bigfoots(Sic et Non) scenario.

Guest ChasingRabbits

Speaking about Texas.....

I found this on the Backwoodsman Magazine Facebook page commented dated August 25, 2013 https://www.facebook.com/pages/Backwoodsman-Magazine/426263117426163

Spend enough time in the woods and you will run across something that is hard to explain away. Lots of great stories from the Big Thicket if you talk with the old-timers and the Coushattas.

Big Thicket is one of Garrett's research areas.

Anyhow, Backwoodsman Magazine got involved with Sasquatch because it's editor/founder/owner Charlie Richie has had encounters with BF and wrote an open letter to his readers if they had had BF encounters. A number of them have. BTW, this magazine is mainly of interest to "preppers", hunters, survivalists, campers, living history buffs, and people who like to "live off the grid" as much as possible.

How do you define nonsense Wag? I think beating a dead horse is nonsense but look what we are talking about. It's a bigfoot forum, there's going to be nonsense.

The nonsense of someone connected to Sas Chron avoiding questions, and endless obfuscation, and ridiculous cover story, etc. Not a dead horse. It keeps coming back to life, obfuscating, not answering the simplest questions.  Its a bit entertaining though, but just a bit.

Hello again CS, good posting and very interesting for those of us unfamiliar with the term Coushattas, can you explain it please. Couple of things. Just so everyone is on the same page Garrett mentions his activity in the forest and one group points to the Sam Houston and others refer to it as the Big Thicket. What do you say?

Well, I know it’s not rock solid evidence although the area seems to suggest others have noticed some strange happenings down in east Texas long before the Garrett deal.  

CS, that's pretty cool and I agree fully. Those woods are dark and deep.

Gum, the Big Thicket and the SHNF are two different forests in east Texas. The Coushatta are an Indian tribe who inhabited/inhabit the Texas/ LA border.

Thank you Johnny G, thank you for clarifying that on both points. That’s real interesting. The Sam Houston and Big Thicket Forests are side by and very close.

I'm not sold on this camp story or the cover-up (quite skeptical about the last part), but will say one thing.  There is a lot of interesting activity in those woods.  Wes and company would not be the first folks to have a log thrown at them.  Not by a long shot.

Wow you leave a topic for a while and Wow.

I find it sadly funny that as a community with a common goal, to prove 100% that Sasquatch exists (whatever Sasquatch maybe) that we eat our own. This group says oh they are selling stories of big scary monsters in the woods that will attack you. We have to toss them out the window. Yet the idea that a large 7-8 foot tall 600-800 lbs creature braiding hair and weaving roots, trying to avoid human sight is okay. Both sides are doing the same thing, selling stories, selling their view. Do I believe every story that SC puts out, nope. Do I believe every story of Sasquatch being gentle forest people, Nope ( I am lucky if I believe 1/100). People do this with everything. From pit-bulls, to owning lions, politics, etc etc etc. 

My thoughts that I have come to doing my own looking into the matter and thinking about it. I do not buy into the Harry and the Henderson's mindset. Nor do I buy into the Sasquatch wars, out to kill all humans mindset. I think this is not something to be messed with and that should be approached like a person would a bear or other large potentially dangerous animal. Also maybe just maybe, and posted this before, groups like the bfro (not saying that they are) and what not hide some of the "attack" reports as it might scare people away. Maybe this camp was hit by a Sasquatch. Maybe it was a hoax. either way as Johnny G said a lot seems to be going on it those woods. Something weird is happening in those parts and that should be the focus. Hoax or real, either way fighting among our own ranks is only going to make rifts and breed distrust. Wont get anywhere that way. 

Lastly am I the only one that thinks camping in those woods would be a hoot?

Primates are very territorial and aggressive. If Sasquatch are anything like the great apes, then aggressive behavior is to be expected. If you say they're more like humans, well, humans are the most violent inhabitants the world has ever seen. We kill for fun. No other animal does that. Either way, to deny at least the high likelihood of aggressive behavior is folly.

Now high intelligence may keep their belligerence in check, as in bluff charging and throwing things instead of killing. They could realize that messing with humans isn't worth the trouble which follows, like increased human presence.

I don't think the animal world has any gentle giants. Elephants will grind you into mush in two seconds. Hippos will bite you in half without hesitation. Even the friendly lab next door will unexpectedly maul a child for no reason.

Woodslore, I highly recommend a visit. It's worth a trip.

Guest diana swampbooger

.Lastly am I the only one that thinks camping in those woods would be a hoot?

Woodslore, the GCBRO says if you want to call in a booger, do your best imitation of their imitation. Think in terms of Hz & dB range. They'll think you're one of themselves & come aknockin'.

Good luck & stay safe.

Guest Divergent1

Wow you leave a topic for a while and Wow.

I find it sadly funny that as a community with a common goal, to prove 100% that Sasquatch exists (whatever Sasquatch maybe) that we eat our own. This group says oh they are selling stories of big scary monsters in the woods that will attack you. We have to toss them out the window. Yet the idea that a large 7-8 foot tall 600-800 lbs creature braiding hair and weaving roots, trying to avoid human sight is okay. Both sides are doing the same thing, selling stories, selling their view. Do I believe every story that SC puts out, nope. Do I believe every story of Sasquatch being gentle forest people, Nope ( I am lucky if I believe 1/100). People do this with everything. From pit-bulls, to owning lions, politics, etc etc etc. 

My thoughts that I have come to doing my own looking into the matter and thinking about it. I do not buy into the Harry and the Henderson's mindset. Nor do I buy into the Sasquatch wars, out to kill all humans mindset. I think this is not something to be messed with and that should be approached like a person would a bear or other large potentially dangerous animal. Also maybe just maybe, and posted this before, groups like the bfro (not saying that they are) and what not hide some of the "attack" reports as it might scare people away. Maybe this camp was hit by a Sasquatch. Maybe it was a hoax. either way as Johnny G said a lot seems to be going on it those woods. Something weird is happening in those parts and that should be the focus. Hoax or real, either way fighting among our own ranks is only going to make rifts and breed distrust. Wont get anywhere that way. 

Lastly am I the only one that thinks camping in those woods would be a hoot?

If you are selling it to folks that believe it is real, and you know it's LaLa, I believe that's called a con.

If you are selling it to folks that believe it is real, and you know it's LaLa, I believe that's called a con.

Get where you are coming from but who knows 100% what Sasquatch is? 

Guest Divergent1

No one, but promoting a falsehood about sasquatch for money doesn't make it any clearer.

Edited by Divergent1

If no one knows then whose saying the false hood? People talk about Pitbulls being such a deadly dog. Oh they will just rip you a apart first chance they get. I have known several and none of them save one was vicious (that one only was vicious after it went blind and got bad hips). known plenty of cocker spaniels that would bite you fast as look at you same with beagles and poodles. Yet all 3 of those breeds are great for family dogs. Heck people who say don't but a pitbull are all for a person owning a lion. Those are known those are false hoods. If we don't have a working defined platform to work with than who is saying the false hood? If people want to throw out most of the reports of the thing being aggressive or dangerous then isn't that the same? Natives didn't mark this as an always friendly creature. So why is it now that we are all hey its a friendly forest giant. If we don't know 100% what it is, is it real, then who can be saying the falsehood? ruling out one idea or report because it doesn't fit the mold we want is also a falsehood. 

I don't think everyone thinks that they are all friendly forest giants. Personally, I think if they do exist, there are probably ones who are not so friendly. Obviously, I don't think they all are that way or there would be reports of more mangled hunters found in the forests. If they are out there, it's a given that they are elusive and avoid humans, for the most part. There possibly could be those that would just as soon tear a person to shreds as look at them - but they don't act on those impulses because their desire to remain unknown is stronger. But I struggle with that concept because I think if they are real... they would have to be awfully intelligent to be able to go through the thought process involved in thinking through the consequences of their actions. I don't know... I wish I did!

• Upvote 1