Bigfoot (Smallpox) Epidemic In 1500's

JDL

Guest Tsalagi

Go back and look when you get a chance, there are more reports of those with black skin than there are those with fangs that I have either been told or read about. If they can interbreed with humans, then that might have occurred more frequently with escaped slaves, since they usually hid in the swamps, here in the south to account for the difference in skin color or it just might be an adaptation due to climate here just like in humans.I don't know about all of the Skunk Ape reports being mis-identification of some escaped primates since what people report down here is something running on two legs very swiftly.

What makes you think an escaped slave or any human would want to mate with a Bigfoot? Seriously! Even if a BF managed to rape a female human she would probably die either from rape or more likely die in childbirth & not be able to bear the huge infant. Few women can give birth naturally to an infant over more than say 12 lbs. If someone had a Bigfoot hybrid baby by C-section we would have heard about it I'm sure.

Guest Tsalagi

Skunk Apes aren't as large the PNW version. You sure do read way too much into what I'm posting.

Are you speaking to me or whom? It's really hard to understand since you are not very precise in your writing. Seriously black skin and fangs I have never heard of with any Bigfoot reports at all and I have read many. If you haven't heard of the escaped apes all over the Southeast then you obviously aren't on Bigfoot boards much as this has been a popular topic especially on the original BF forums. One popular story is the privately owned island off coast of Florida that contained hundreds of free roaming apes that were part of a private collection. They roamed freely because it was believed apes and monkeys did not swim thus they would never escape. Its well known many pet apes and monkeys have been turned loose in Florida after their owners didn't want them and has made national news that apes have escaped from zoos during the many, many hurricanes in Florida. There is a very famous pic of Skunk Ape that doesn't look faked and it looks like a gibbon. Case closed.

I'm still trying to figure out how or why you think interbreeding is even possible. I really don't think it would be easy finding a human who is willing and even then I don't think a viable offspring could be reproduced because mother nature has a way of not allowing for that to happen. In case you don't know there are no monkey humans, dog humans, cow human or sheep human hybrids because even though some humans might mate with another species doesn't mean biologically speaking they could produce offspring even if the BF was a different species of man. I don't think the Bigfoots nor Skunk Apes are really interested in breeding with us. I think Bigfoot is bright enough to know even if it was possible we are inferior because we are smaller and weaker thus a hybrid would not be wanted or allowed. And Skunk Ape being a ape isn't capable of that much indepth thought.

As far as smallpox goes I think its highly unlikely that it caused much problem to the Bigfoot people even if interspecies transmission was possible they just don't get that close to enough humans for it to become an issue. If they really got close to that many folks we'd be watching feature length videos of Bigfoot and humans on here and seeing lots of pics. So far there's not one decent pic of him. Its either faked, a shadow, tree, or a bear in every photo I've seen on here or anywhere else.

Guest CaptainMorgan

I will respectfully suggest you read reports from BFRO, Bigfoot encounters and any other sourse providing them. The regional differences are noted in the reports. Both physically and behaviorally.

Irregardless of whether Sasquatch is a seperate sub-species from Swamp apes or not there are differences.

I respectfully state that I have read them, (tons of them) I think everyone else is reading to much in to it and you all need to take a BIG step backwards.

I don't think any two will look exactly alike, humans don't.

But to be such an expert because you read the same BFRO reports and Encounters as I have is a farce.

You can't say definitively ANYTHING about a species regionally that we know nothing about, anything else is conjecture and hogwash.

You don't know if that particular being in the report has been only reported once, or multiple time as different locations and no two reports are the same about the same individual.

Unless you can tag one and watch it for the entirety of it's life, observe it's offspring etc you just don't really know.

Do they mate as brothers and sisters? Cousins?

It's getting so deep in this thread we need waders.

I respectfully state that I have read them, (tons of them) I think everyone else is reading to much in to it and you all need to take a BIG step backwards.

I don't think any two will look exactly alike, humans don't.

But to be such an expert because you read the same BFRO reports and Encounters as I have is a farce.

You can't say definitively ANYTHING about a species regionally that we know nothing about, anything else is conjecture and hogwash.

You don't know if that particular being in the report has been only reported once, or multiple time as different locations and no two reports are the same about the same individual.

Unless you can tag one and watch it for the entirety of it's life, observe it's offspring etc you just don't really know.

Do they mate as brothers and sisters? Cousins?

It's getting so deep in this thread we need waders.

Captain Morgan

Assuming that I consider myself an expert is ludicrous. There are no BF experts. There are those who have had experiences with them & those that have not. Nothing more or less. Your 2nd assumption that the material I have had exposure to is limited to BF encounters & BFRO reports. I recommended you read these and all other BF sourses of material. Lumping me in with all others who may as you suggest "read too much into the material provided" makes three rapid fire false assumptions in a row...

The post I quoted of yours expressed an opinion of yours that there not more than one type. Spinning your reply off to mine into 3 inaccurate and false assumptions and then wandering further off track into it's breeding habits, and the need for someone to study one from birth to death without filling in the gaps of your thought process I will consider speedy typing versus a typewritten hiccup.

We may need patience in understanding each other's point of view but certainly not waders!!

Had you just asked what types I think there are from the evidence gathered so far I would have gladly gone further indepth with it and cited you sourses.

Unfortunate you chose not to approach things that way.

:blush: :blush: :blush:

(edited for spelling)

Edited by grayjay

Tsalagi- I was talking in general and then specifically to you, talking, not trying to aggravate or push buttons of any kind. I'm with the Captain on this one. To my knowledge the meaning of "IF" hasn't changed. I don't recall saying I thought bigfoot could intermingle with us at all. Like I said, I think you are reading way to much into what I'm posting. You must be scanning my replies,if so,I can see how you might have misread what was said.

Skin in the southern bigfoot, a.k.a. as a skunk ape, is often described as gray, charcoal, black, or brown. It's just a matter of googling the topic, when you have a minute, if you are interested in reading those reports. As for escaped apes, nothing I've heard reported in SC sounds like any kind of primate that we know about. I don't think all reports in the south are mis-identified escaped primates in my area. I don't have to follow a forum to understand that escaped primates aren't a big issue here. I live in the southeast but can't speak for Florida. One state's problem does not generalize to the entire southeastern portion of the United States IMHO.

Well I can see that this thread is doomed. So what about varicella anyone? Any thoughts on whether that could kill a bigfoot? :lol:

Guest CaptainMorgan

I wouldn't call it doomed, but a tad off track.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varicella_zoster_virus

Varicella zoster virus (VZV) is one of eight herpes viruses known to infect humans (and other vertebrates). It commonly causes chicken-pox in children and Herpes zoster (shingles) in adults and rarely in children.

It might not kill them outright, but cause a world of regret?

Zoonosis

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A zoonosis ( /ˌzoʊ.əˈnoʊsɪs/) or zoonose[1] is any infectious disease that can be transmitted (in some instances, by a vector) from non-human animals, both wild and domestic, to humans or from humans to non-human animals (the latter is sometimes called reverse zoonosis or anthroponosis). Of the 1415 pathogens known to affect humans, 61% are zoonotic.[2] The emergence of a pathogen into a new host species is called disease invasion.

The emerging interdisciplinary field of conservation medicine, which integrates human and veterinary medicine, and environmental sciences, is largely concerned with zoonoses.

Interspecies Sex: Evolution's Hidden Secret?

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2007/03/070314-hybrids.html

No, it usually doesn't kill human children but can very easily kill adults if they have lesions in the throat and lungs. It causes birth defects if contracted in early pregnancy and fetal death if you happen to be in late pregnancy. I've had a couple of cases in the 12+ years I worked as a nurse midwife. Other primates are susceptible to it so I suppose it could potentially cause problems for an adult bigfoot that had never been exposed. It's not just the big diseases that can kill, but things like whooping cough (pertussis) that you don't necessarily think about as being deadly because the vast majority of people are immunized now. It's back on the rise because the strains of pertussis bacteria have developed resistance to the new vaccine, and people are rejecting vaccination which decreases the herd immunity. Gorillas are, for the most part, susceptible to the same things we are so I would imagine that bigfoot would be too. It's very important that those who regularly go out to research get their vaccines updated to protect themselves and the bigfoot population, should bigfoot eventually be proven to exist.

Guest vilnoori

I've heard of cases of chicken pox killing children, and also one of a case of cerebral meningitis from chicken pox that left the boy severely handicapped the rest of his life. These are the reasons a vaccine now exists for it. However, for a given child, vaccination should perhaps be delayed because having chicken pox when you are young is an advantage--as long as it is not in infancy they don't give it then anyway because of the risk.

One issue for me that comes into play is that the vaccine is one of the few that used aborted human fetal tissue to culture an infected cell line which is still used to produce the vaccine. So out of moral reasons I have so far abstained from getting my kids vaccinated for it. The other vaccines that used the same human cell line are Rubella and some of the Heps, I'd have to check for sure. Vaccination is actually a more complicated issue than we realize, useful though it is.

scholarly journal Medicina e Morale, gives a list (as of 2005) of the vaccines are manufactured using the cell lines WI-38, MRC-5 and or RA 27/3.

A) Live vaccines against rubella:

• the monovalent vaccines against rubella Meruvax® (Merck) (U.S.), Rudivax® (Sanofi Pasteur, Fr.), and Ervevax® (RA 27/3) (GlaxoSmithKline, Belgium);
  • the combined vaccine MR against rubella and measles, commercialized with the name of M-R-VAX® (Merck, US) and Rudi-Rouvax® (AVP, France);
  • the combined vaccine against rubella and mumps marketed under the name of Biavax® (Merck, U.S.),
  • the combined vaccine MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) against rubella, mumps and measles, marketed under the name of M-M-R® II (Merck, US), R.O.R.®, Trimovax® (Sanofi Pasteur, Fr.), and Priorix® (GlaxoSmithKline UK).

Other vaccines, also prepared using human cell lines from aborted foetuses:

• two vaccines against hepatitis A, one produced by Merck (VAQTA), the other one produced by GlaxoSmithKline (HAVRIX), both of them being prepared using MRC-5;
  • one vaccine against chicken pox, Varivax®, produced by Merck using WI-38 and MRC-5;
  • one vaccine against poliomyelitis, the inactivated polio virus vaccine Poliovax® (Aventis-Pasteur, Fr.) using MRC-5;
  • one vaccine against rabies, Imovax®, produced by Aventis Pasteur, MRC-5 strain;
  • one vaccine against smallpox, AC AM 1000, prepared by Acambis using MRC-5, which as of 2005 was still on trial.

from http://lizditz.typep...cell-lines.html

Nevertheless, it goes without saying that if you are sick, stay home and do not go out researching anyway, both for your sake and because the disease could be spread around. If you are one of those lucky individuals who is in contact with a clan of sasquatches please do not come in contact with them even if you have a little cold, because we have no idea of what impact even a common cold virus to which most of us have immunity may impact them if they are out there. Just take care to be healthy because it is good for you and because there are so many unknowns.

Edited by vilnoori

This from the NNii, I have no comment other than to say that the decision to vaccinate is a personal one. Be well informed when you make your decisions:

Summary

Some vaccine components have been derived from human fetuses. The abortions were not conducted for the purpose of vaccine discovery or vaccine production. Additional abortions are not needed for the production of these vaccines. In the case of rubella vaccine, abortions are prevented by the use of the vaccine.

A recent report from the Pontifical Academy for Life at the Vatican encourages pharmaceutical companies to seek alternatives to the development of vaccines linked with human fetuses, given the Catholic Church’s objections to cooperating with abortion.11 The report also points out that in the absence of an alternative, these vaccines may be utilized “to avoid a serious risk not only for one’s own children but also, and more specifically, for the health conditions of the population as a whole – especially for pregnant women.†The Vatican Academy also noted that “the parents who did not accept the vaccination of their own children become responsible for the malformations [due to rubella infection] in question.â€

http://www.immunizationinfo.org/issues/vaccine-components/human-fetal-links-some-vaccines

• 1 year later...
Guest poignant

I wonder if a prior pandemic, aside from violent persecution, helped condition and select BF to want to eschew humans...

Guest BFSleuth

Can humans transmit smallpox to other primates? Like chimps and gorillas? I haven't heard of a case actually, so...

I'm not sure about smallpox. However, human respiratory diseases can be transmitted to apes. I've come across sighting reports that noted hearing coughing or sneezing, as if the BF was sick.

David Claerr's article, Bigfoot Biohazard: Sasquatch Microbiome an Unperceived Threat, discusses the potential hazards handling BF samples.

With the recent speculation that the DNA studies may come back with BF being closely related to humans, it would be surprising to me if they weren't susceptible to human diseases and vice versa.

Poignant said

wonder if a prior pandemic, aside from violent persecution, helped condition and select BF to want to eschew humans...

Answer: not unless they understand germ theory.

Regarding the exchange of germs, it has already happened. I don't think one need take especial care in handling squatchy objects--Sasquataches go through our trash, including God knows what--shudder--so they are all up to date on their human microbe contact. And they help themselves to our gardens and coolers and make themselves comfy in our campsites and homes. They walk right in. So, we are all up to date on their germs, pretty much. And they do stroll through towns now and again. Like every night in some spots, I imagine. So rest easy, folks.

Working from the assumption that sasquatch exists, I don't think you can make assumptions about risk based on a few reports of scavenging.