Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

I am looking for Urban accounts. I would like to consolidate some of the best, most reputable sightings near urban areas. If you run across any please copy and

post them here for further discussion.  I am still convinced that this phenomena is taking place, and that the urbanization of Coyotes and Deer is drawing these

creatures even closer to urban areas, or semi suburban areas such as my marsh and it's local deer and coyotes.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest DWA

I do not like the phrase "urban accounts," and believe there are none, or close to.

What there *are* is lots of encounters at the boundaries between substantially civilized areas, and either large tracts of suitable habitat, or significant wildlife corridors connecting such habitats.  There are so many of those that, well, picking one would be picking from a significant percentage of the database.

I mean, think about this.  How are humans seeing them?  They are seeing them the same way humans see most of all other wildlife they see:  animals pursuing their daily thing who happen to come close enough to the edge of wilderness that people happen to be there.  Just one example:  most encounters by hunters are by people who made a casual stroll from a road to a tree stand.  They didn't make that stroll starting in a remote wilderness area and they were not in one when they had the sighting.

We don't have to come to most of our animal sightings; they come to us.

SSR Team

Lake get yourself out to that cemetery at Bachelors Grove if you haven't already.

I was the "other person" in this report.

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=30601

For some reason the BFRO have pulled the picture of the print.

I do have reservations about the stuff in Chicagoland that allegedly goes on but, I was there that day and heard this noise that was very strange and if the person I was with that didn't fabricate the footprint an hour after I let that is mentioned in this which was clearly a human type print, then maybe, just maybe they are using the waterway system there.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't have filed a BFRO just in my experiences that day, but the Guy I was with decided to because of the print.

The stupid thing is my job precludes me from doing anything from April to November, and that is why I am not able to better research these 

areas during the summer periods. I know that the snow prints found at least 4-5 times over the years point to them being around this area,

as well as numerous sightings. It is truly a mystery how they can live this close to civilization, but they do none the less. I do not need proof,

I have already come to that conclusion, though I would like to better understand how they move about, and in general I would like to see what

Bachelors Grove has to offer them, though the amount of wooded area is the primary draw, and it could be a travel route of sorts from Grove

to Grove, as I have pointed out the many possible ways for them to accomplish that.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I was dismissive of the idea that Sasquatch would live near urban areas until I started studying the BFRO layout on Google Earth. I'm aware that they're able to hide well enough, but in some cases they would need to cross many streets in order to get to some of those wooded areas. Why would they go there when there's so much forest away from civilization?

To me it's more evidence that we're not dealing with an entirely normal animal. It wouldn't surprise me if they're being transported to these areas.

I think at 3 am in the morning they can move about most areas without a whole lot of human disturbance, but it is a risk reward scenario, they are not going to 

take such risks unless there is an adequate reward.  The best example of this is trash raiding. There are quite a few stories of them returning to certain dumpsters

adjacent to wooded areas.  One researcher spent 20 years tracking these creatures only to find that these creatures were using dumpsters in the area, which lead

him to stake out the dumpsters at night, leading to a very close encounter that put an end to his curiosity. I think that if there is an escape route, meaning an adequate

area of woods that create a travel corridor to other areas of adequate cover, that allows at least for the possibility. My own marsh is a prolific wildlife area with a large

heron rookery, a large pack of coyotes, and serves as a path deer use between a large lake complex and a farmers field. I think that because it has the variety it does

including edible tubers, it has the potential for a several day visit. These creatures in semi suburbia, Urban is not really the term but is hyperbole, they are generally on

the move, not spending extensive time in any one area, that is the key, very few numbers of very transient creatures. That is how they manage it.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I was already convinced that they aren't normal animals, but the large number of reports coming from certain urban areas gives a hint as to what's going on. There's a very important piece of the puzzle that I think investigators in this field of research are probably missing.

foetl2.jpg

zl57xs.png

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Ontario, are you implying that you know what that piece is or just making a general statement that something is missing.

From those shots you posted, they must have taken a taxi!

Guest OntarioSquatch

I'm pretty sure I know what's going on now. There's a connection between these animals and another phenomenon that's even more popular than Bigfoot. It's hard to say for sure why they're there in specific locations like that, but I think it's all part of some sort of experiment. Their ability to survive in such a small areas shows just how incredible they are. People who think that they're normal animals have it all wrong and the proof will be in the DNA once a body is recovered. 

In that bottom pic there's three green routes in and out. It's in the middle of a bit of a daisy chain of green spaces that band Chicago. If something was trying to get round the bottom corner of the lake, picking it's way through, even though it might have to wait until small hours of morning, and lay up during day, may save 2 or 3 days versus giving that whole greater Chicago area a super wide berth.

Guest OntarioSquatch

If a bunch of them can live in an area like that without being seen, then imagine how many there could be all throughout North America without us knowing about it. It just boggles the mind. They're freak animals, that's for sure. I just can't believe I didn't pick up on this sooner though.

I did some more research on urban reports and it seems like the area around Chicago isn't the only place where these animals live near cities. There's a few white Bigfoot sightings in Columbus Ohio that go back to the 80's and they're right in the middle of the city at a wooded area beside the river there. Florida and Washington also have some as well. It seems to depend on the city. In the Toronto area for example, there's not a single sighting. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

• 2 weeks later...

What is interesting about Chicago is that sightings date back to the 1800s along the Des Plaines River. The Cook County Forest Preserves were protected very early

on, and represent the native habitat for this region. While I think the numbers of individuals are few, I agree these are not an animal in the strictest sense of the word.They are relic hominids in my opinion, and are extremely intelligent, but for whatever reasons choose not adopt other means of survival. I think they have language, can certainly devise tools, although they choose only primitive versions, I think they have some type of daytime hiding method, or sleeping situation we have not quite discovered. The urbanish ones are on the move, though they might be using areas at certain times of the year as indicated in your map, they might only be in such areas till snowfall, and then who knows. It is hard to imagine that something this large and this important has eluded detection for so long, or has it?

I think they have some type of daytime hiding method, or sleeping situation we have not quite discovered.

IMO, they find dense cover scrape a hollow if surface loose and hunker down like this... 

sleeping-gorilla.jpg

Though in more remote areas may make themselves "more comfortable" with a more developed "nest" 

Thus ensconced, IF you stumble on them, they might be a black bear, they might be a moose, who can tell as you peek nervously through the brush, what kind of fool wakes up powerful looking animals anyway?

Simple strategies such as this and freezing against tree trunks are often overlooked for how effective they are 99% of the time, then you get the one report of the one guy of hundreds who actually used his eyes and it gets dismissed as ridiculous.

I have heard of them simply sleeping curled up on the ground as pictured, also under tree's in dugouts, and in nests
that had been constructed with pine bows and some type of wooden structure to obscure them, but what interests me most
is the reports of them being underground in some fashion. The reports of them being around strip mines and areas where
they could dig a hole out of sight. It is just a theory but it seems to have some growing evidence for being reality at
least for some areas. Obviously I am referring to Ray Wallace and Lori Simmons in the PNW, but that seems like it could
be more widespread. Using caves and creating new hidden entrances.

On the more local front, two nights ago during the full moon I got the strong sense of them being present, now that could
just be my mind playing tricks on me, or some primal instinctual warning. It has not happened for some time like that, so
I sat outside making a few whistles and heard something moving around and breaking some twigs, could be a deer reacting.
My wife said she saw a newer tree that was down, fell...or... also she saw a deer standing near the road looking puzzled
and disoriented, but just standing there, not a usual behavior. Some stuff I am logging into my noggin for now. It will be two

years since my vocal encounter on 7/4/13 in a month, so I am paying attention to the home front, waiting for my apple tree 

to produce, and hoping the situation allows for me to gain some bigger evidence of them visiting, just for my own sanity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • masterbarber locked this topic