Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

We, as in hubby and I have noticed that back in the 80's it was not usual for heavy traffic to be on interstates after midnight.  We would purposely plan our trips to use that situation to our advantage.  Things have changed and now we see more and more cars and trucks.  Could that be part of the reason for the increase of highway sightings??? I think it might contribute.

Our trips are different now because we do not have to blast down the highway to make good time, which is good.

^^^^^See my previous post^^^^^ This is a larger view of the area, I just realized the BFRO has plotted these on Google Earth for 

us so saves time, but if you really want to understand the data it helps to read and plot them yourself because you have to inspect

each area and that is interesting, but once again it all correlates to the rivers, except a very few cases. The streak to the west is along

the Rock River, The Fox and Illinois to the east, and then correlating to the Des Plaines to the furthest east.

post-23370-0-97948200-1424805864_thumb.j

I really want to study this pattern more, it seems completely obvious that they are using the river areas to travel, and for the most part to

live near. I will be looking at other cities to see if I am correct, maybe this is an adaption to the midwest, I will have to investigate further.

I figure that I better put this 1000th post in this thread since that is where I came to the forums in 2013, it has been many hours here

since, and all the typing and neck strain that goes with it... But since that first post I have learned from those in this community...not

all agreeing with me, and I have found that process rewarding. Thanks to the Forums for giving us all this outlet... :punish:

What would you guys like to see in a Podcast on Sasquatch that is not being done? I am thinking about trying to start one on the topic of Urban Bigfoot, but more generally speaking about the eastern Sasquatch, Seems like the West Coast gets most of the attention, though with guys like Coonbo, Bob Garrett, Stacy Brown, and too many to mention out East, the vast majority of active researchers live east of the Rockies. If you look at the sighting data, sightings east of the Mississippi outnumber the Left Coast, though not nearly as concentrated as areas of Northern California and Washington. Obviously I would like to see a show focusing on the Midwest, particularly Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, Missouri, Michigan, Indiana, and Minnesota. Seems like we get the shaft in most discussions, it always goes to Appalachia, or Florida, Texas, or Ohio, surprisingly, maybe even improbably, Illinois has one of the highest sighting counts in the nation, but who even talks about Illinois, I guess I am just a voice crying out in the semi-wilderness...if you add up the 7 states I just mentioned you find 873 sightings, compared to the total of Washington and California of 1020, so if you added the rest of the states out east the number is greatly higher than the left coast. Who would guess that Illinois with 263 sightings surpasses Oregon with 241, but remember the numbers are skewed by population, so we are not talking numbers of Sasquatches, we are talking people seeing them, factor in terrain and cover, well you see my point, Illinois is just an easier place to spot one on the move...even if we have very limited numbers of them

State # of

Listings Most

Recent

Report Last

Posted Alaska 22 1-2014 1-2013 Alabama 91 1-2015 9-2014 Arkansas 90 1-2015 4-2014 Arizona 80 2-2015 8-2014 California 427 3-2013 1-2013 Colorado 119 2-2015 3-2014 Connecticut 8 7-2009 5-2009 Delaware 5 9-2013 11-2012 Florida 298 2-2015 9-2014 Georgia 121 12-2014 5-2014 Iowa 66 9-2014 4-2014 Idaho 69 6-2013 12-2013 Illinois 263 2-2015 12-2014 Indiana 76 12-2014 11-2013 Kansas 39 9-2014 3-2014 Kentucky 101 12-2014 9-2014 Louisiana 40 4-2011 2-2010 Massachusetts 20 1-2014 4-2013 Maryland 34 1-2015 5-2014 Maine 13 3-2004 2-2004 Michigan 198 2-2015 1-2014 Minnesota 68 1-2015 10-2014 Missouri 118 1-2015 10-2014 Mississippi 22 4-2013 2-2013 State # of

Listings Most

Recent

Report Last

Posted Montana 43 12-2013 12-2012 North Carolina 90 1-2015 11-2014 North Dakota 6 12-2010 8-2005 Nebraska 14 6-2011 8-2008 New Hampshire 10 11-2009 6-2009 New Jersey 49 6-2014 2-2013 New Mexico 42 3-2014 10-2013 Nevada 8 4-2009 2-2005 New York 100 7-2011 9-2010 Ohio 254 8-2014 2-2014 Oklahoma 89 10-2014 9-2012 Oregon 241 8-2014 3-2014 Pennsylvania 108 12-2014 8-2014 Rhode Island 5 12-2011 11-2011 South Carolina 52 1-2014 2-2012 South Dakota 17 8-2011 6-2008 Tennessee 96 10-2014 4-2014 Texas 203 2-2015 7-2014 Utah 69 10-2014 12-2008 Virginia 72 12-2014 8-2014 Vermont 6 1-2006 10-2005 Washington 593 2-2015 9-2014 Wisconsin 84 1-2015 6-2014 West Virginia 94 1-2015 11-2014 Wyoming 28 5-2010 3-2010

I have a spreadsheet with 1,187 Michigan Bigfoot sightings beginning in the early 1800’s to present day in spite of 198 reported sightings reported by BFRO. Does that group post all of their information? - Just wondering ...

Edited by Gumshoeye

Wow that is interesting, I know that though I had several type B encounters Stan did not post my reports because of the abundance of

such reports, and the possibility of mis-identification. I have seen reports in other databases that never have been presented to the BRFO

and that calls to mind the need for a central Database that includes sightings from all sources, maybe you could head up something of that

nature! It would be invaluable to research. I also agree that the sighting data is pretty dependent on the notoriety or awareness of people

concerning the BFRO individual. Stan does a fair amount of presentations, and this is what seems to get people to come out of the woodwork,

so without being able to consolidate the sightings from other databases as well as weed out the variables that effect the numbers, it is really

hard to draw any conclusions simply from the BRFO, except in terms of geography, not in actual distribution of sightings, that number is skewed.

Here is new one that is very interesting from a motor standpoint, watching a chimp running is educational in this regard.

Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Warren County > Report # 47249

Report # 47249  (Class A) 
Submitted by witness on Saturday, December 06, 2014.

Motorist has dusk sighting west of Galesburg

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2014

SEASON: Summer

MONTH: July

DATE: 12

STATE: Illinois

COUNTY: Warren County

LOCATION DETAILS: This location is right past the Galesburg, Illinois Airport and Farm King on Old Highway 34 [illinois Route 164] if you travel out West Main St. from Galesburg. The animal was crossing from the south to north side of the road.

NEAREST TOWN: Galesburg

NEAREST ROAD: Old Highway 34 (Illinois Route 164)

OBSERVED: I teach in the city of Galesburg, Knox County Illinois in the summer months. It was late July or early August when I saw this animal run in front of my car. It was dusk when my daughter and I were driving on what is known as Old highway 34 (Illinois Route 164) west of Galesburg, Illinois heading for Monmouth, Illinois. I was right by the Knox / Warren county line. 

I had just driven over a little bridge that covered a small creek or farm run off. This bridge was down in a little lower area then the rest of the land and as I came over the bridge and started around a little curve an animal ran in front of my car. It was about 15 yards in front of my vehicle. Since it was not quite dark, my headlights did not illuminate the animal well, yet it was still light enough to see the creature. The creature was very dark and hairy it was running on all fours, yet it was very tall. Its rear end was up higher than its front end and it appeared to have no muzzle. Its face was flat. This creature had a most awkward gate for the speed it was actually achieving. Its front legs moved as if a human would be leaning over a tricycle peddling and its back legs moved with a human running motion including what appeared to be knees. 

My daughter, unfortunately did not see it and that was very disappointing for her and me. The animal ran so quickly across the road that by the time I was able to say something it was gone. We turned around to see if we could see it off the side of the road but in Illinois that time of the year it's impossible. Tall corn, tall grass, soy beans, bushes and trees.

ALSO NOTICED: None

OTHER WITNESSES: I am the only one that saw the animal run in front of the car, however my daughter was with me and knows the location. We had been driving around town just to get out for awhile.

OTHER STORIES: I noticed on the BFRO sightings page that in August of 2014 a Bigfoot was sighted near Altona, Illinois in Knox County: BFRO Report # 46439 . That is why I'm giving this report. Altona is about 20 miles from Galesburg in Knox County.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: It was dusk. It was a clear night. The lighting was such that the sun was down but not dark yet. Light enough headlights are not illuminating the road but complete darkness will happen soon.

ENVIRONMENT: This was right next to a creek or farm drainage run off. It was an area lower than the rest of the close area. Tall grass, crops, thick bushes.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

In summary:

• The animal was about four feet tall being on all fours.

• The animal seemed gangly and thinly built. 

• The long hair was dark brown to black.

• The animal was higher in the rear end with an unusual gait. 

• The animal had a round head, flat face and no snout. 

• The animal was 15 yards in front of the vehicle while crossing the road.

• The location of the sighting was just west of the small creek which is west of the Warren / Knox County line. 

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

^^^

Couple things LCB:

Look at the northern counties close to Michigan and tell me if you notice an uptick in reports. Then look at the upper northeastern counties along Indiana and see if there are moderate numbers of activity reports. My theory is that these things move through central Illinois often either heading east or west. I don’t see any reports of Bigfoot swimming the Great Lakes so I can presume they move into Michigan from the south by way of northern Illinois, Indiana and northwest Ohio. They would exit the mitten state from the north or south. I do not know for certain but it seems to me Southern Illinois has to be active due mainly of close proximity to Kentucky. Tell me where I am missing the point please.

I might disagree with how far you have them ranging, I suspect they are territorial not migratorial. Those territories are quite large however, Meldrum mentions as large as 1000 square miles, I feel that is too large, it seems more like 300 miles or less. If we study other great apes they live within larger troops within a defined territory, the territory size might be based more on food availability than anything else, the more food the smaller the territory needed. These creatures are very well adapted to cold, and are capable do to their shear mass to produce adequate body heat in even the coldest climates. I think we only need look at the other large mammals of North America to know that the largest of creatures endure the greatest cold. So what I am suggesting is that the only relationship that exists in Michigan and Illinois sightings might be a young adult male that is searching for a new troop or to form a troop because he has been forced out of his previous troop due to too many males being present. From the great apes we see that the troops form around several key males and a many more females, I would downsize the troop conception for Sasquatch, but I think it holds true. Of course I am just blabbing what seems to me to be  the case and anyone can argue differently, this is just how I see the picture as for now.

• Upvote 1

Of course if you believe some of the skeptics around here I am actually Alan Musky, of Dyer and Musky, my wife found that when searching

LCB in a google search, she is worried about my professional reputation as well as hers, so she does not want our real names connected

to Sasquatch, understandable. These same skeptics call me crazy for suggesting that limited numbers of Sasquatch are using the outlying

areas of Chicagoland, well that is understandable as well. If I had not heard the ones I heard I never would be sitting here trying to rationalize

that very proposition. I wonder what I must look like to others, especially my wife, she is very understanding, but at the same time I think it

would be easier to just write me off as crazy, well it was a very good thing that she heard the same creature I heard and thought the same thing

in the aftermath, otherwise I would be toast. Trust me in that no skeptic could quench my thirst for having to know what I heard those nights.

I am learning daily how to better understand these creatures, and to hopefully be able to document their presence in a more tangible way in

the future. I guess I must have hoaxed these recordings, or I have equally as crazy neighbors who stay up all night waiting for sirens and messing

with coyotes, banging on trees, you know just your average red necks  :onthequiet:

sirens coyotes tree knocks.mp3

Banging Moan Howl.mp3

five wood knocks.mp3

Post #150

Hello LCB, you explanation answered all the questions I was going to ask expect for one. Is this pin map a historical glimpse of all BF reports within LaSalle County going from present to when?

Is LaSalle County north or south of Rockford?  

The La Salle. Seneca, Utica, area south east of Rockford where the Fox River flow into the Illinois River. It is only the BFRO sightings dating back to the 80s, so this is only a modern sample, and again it is only type A encounters. Pretty amazing how the geographical information is consistent over the years, the relationship to the main rivers and hunting along the tributaries, that seems to be the MO of my area.

^That doesn't sound canine, it almost sounds human to me.

I'm wondering if you've been recording lately. It's definitely worth doing when the weather cooperates for you. Due to our relatively calm and clear patterns here, I've been recording a lot. It's time-consuming but I've gathered a small library of weird stuff. I don't know what to do with it all yet, but I'm making notes for now at least.

• masterbarber locked this topic