Urban Bigfoot Seriously?(2)

Guest Admin

I agree, JKH. Arranging natural stuff out in the woods -- and watching what happens to it -- is the quickest way to get confirmation that there are intelligent beings living out there.  

Once they know that you know that they're there, it becomes a lot of fun (if you're not trying to harm them or "out" them). 

• Upvote 1

I have not given up on our discussion here, only now I am deciphering some aspects of this notion that have been on my mind, seems like I am having a shift of sorts

in my understanding of the territorial aspect of these creatures, and that I suspect they do not have any specific home base in my region, and move somewhat more

spontaneously than prior thoughts I have held. I think this in natural to trying to explain them existing at all in such areas, and the fact that they must not be predicable

or patternible if you will.  They randomize movement with a purpose, not only around food sources but also around predictability.

This one made me do a double take, especially where it is located. I guess there would be a possibility of a hoax, but this does fit the 

SOP of what I call the urban bigfoot, using the railway to investigate the area and hunt coyotes would be my guess, these areas

are known for being home to the urban coyotes.  I am astounded though to say the least how urban this one is, and I will have to process

it for a while.  It fits way too neatly into what I suspect might be the case in this area, and coming up from the southern part of Cook County

along the canals or railways are easy travel routes from the forest preserves known for their sightings and activities.

Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Cook County > Report # 47720

Report # 47720  (Class B) 
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, January 20, 2015. Possible footprints in the snow found in Bedford Park (with photos) (Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 2015

SEASON: Winter

MONTH: January

DATE: 19

STATE: Illinois

COUNTY: Cook County

LOCATION DETAILS: North of 73rd Street and Mason Ave and south of the Belt Railroad of Chicago. Trail between both properties.

NEAREST TOWN: Bedford Park

NEAREST ROAD: W 73rd Street

OBSERVED: As I was performing my regular pest control service to facility, I found trails of what looked like big prints with what looks like toe imprints. I took pictures along with a video segment. Try to follow the print but lost it due to trail ending in patches where no snow was on ground. I didn't see any thing visually as far as animal or human at time of finding but I have seen deer, jack rabbits and coyotes in these areas.

Note: I would love to forward video and pics...

ALSO NOTICED: No

OTHER WITNESSES: No just me at moment

OTHER STORIES: No

TIME AND CONDITIONS: 12:40 p.m. winter condition snow on ground

ENVIRONMENT: Woods, Isolated

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone. 

In Summary:

• The witness found a line of footprints in the snow in an industrial area near rail yards. 

• The witness did not have a way to measure the footprints but placed his size 11 shoes next to them. 

• The witness stated that the imprint of five toes were visible.

• The length of the footprints appeared to be 18 inches long.

• The width of the footprints appeared to be 8 inches wide.

• The stride length of the trackway seemed to indicate that the animal was not moving hurriedly and was taking shorter steps.

47720-4.jpg

Photo showing the witness's foot next to the footprint.

47720-5.jpg

Photo showing the imprint of the witness's footprint next to the animal's footprint. 

47720-6.jpg

Photo showing the trackway of three footprints.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog 
 for recordings he has collected over the years.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

spacer.gif   Copyright © 2015 BFRO.net

Another that came in from my little slice of bigfoot heaven hear....

Geographical Index > United States > Illinois > Cook County > Report # 46494

Report # 46494  (Class A) 
Submitted by witness on Tuesday, September 09, 2014.

Memory told of a daytime sighting in Schiller Woods

(Show Printer-friendly Version)

YEAR: 1967

SEASON: Spring

MONTH: August

DATE: 15

STATE: Illinois

COUNTY: Cook County

LOCATION DETAILS: Along bike path in Schiller woods.

NEAREST TOWN: River Grove

NEAREST ROAD: Irving Park / East River

OBSERVED: I was taking a bike ride along Des Plaines River in 08/67. I was very tired so I sat down on this fallen log and was watching the river. Across the river in the dark shadows of the forest a shadowy figure emerged. I watched it closely while it was splashing in the water like it was looking for fresh water clams or crayfish. It scared me because it was covered with a thick coat of hair like an ape. It resembled a cross between an ape and and a cave man. As I watched it thru the ragweed and cat tails which hid me I cleared my throat and coughed. It looked all around and seemed to be agitated. 

I kept sitting on the log because I lost sight of the creature. All of a sudden three huge rocks were tossed from the river toward me.They were the size of throw pillows. Moved out with my bike around the cat tail blind and saw it face to face. I yelled wow! It was moving into the cat tails for it crossed the river without a sound. Upon seeing me it picked up more rocks and hurled them at me.

It was muscular black brown In color with mud on its face very wrinkled skin. It had bulging eyes and a pushed in nose. I ran as fast as I could along the game trail along the river. As I ran I heard a howl that sounded like an air raid siren. As I ran I heard screaming and saw shadowy figures on other side of river moving. Bigfoots? I got to the parking lot on East River road and left.

ALSO NOTICED: Never went back there since 1967. Went back with my my wife this July 2014 twice. Did not see creature but did find structure made of logs in forest resembling a shelter. Took photo of it.

OTHER WITNESSES: I was there alone.

OTHER STORIES: No. Back in 1967 not much was known about Bigfoot. I was 19 years old and only told my parents who disbelieved me. These creatures do exist. They are curious but not gentle giants.

TIME AND CONDITIONS: Between 7:30am -8:30am. Bright sunshine hot and humid humid 85°f.

ENVIRONMENT: Flood plain of Des Plaines River. Creature emerged from forest or wooded area coming down a slope to river.

Follow-up investigation report by BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

I spoke with the witness by phone.

• The witness estimated the animal's height at six and a half foot.

• The animal was very muscular, broad shoulders with no neck.

• The animal's coloring was black and brown.

• The witness was 20 feet from the animal.

• The witness described the face as having bulging eyes, pushed in nose, little hair on face. 

46494a.jpg

Aerial photo of sighting location on the bike trail along Des Plaines River just north of W Irving Park Road. 

46494b.jpg

Possible structure found July 2014 in the same area.

About BFRO Investigator Stan Courtney:

Stan Courtney has a special interest in wildlife audio recording. He has attended numerous BFRO Expeditions and travels throughout Illinois giving presentations on "Bigfoot In Illinois". See Stan's blog 
 for recordings he has collected over the years.

Stan Courtney can be reached at illinois@bfro.net

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Railroad yards are essentially deserted compared to what used to go on about 40 yrs ago.  There are no more positions called "Railroad Detectives" and they are not under surveillance as before by humans.  There are cameras here and there but mostly it's the crew that might see something.  In that case, they call 911 and let the local police handle it.  The container cars have lots of "riding room" on them.  They are lifted by a crane and come in several different sizes and between the cars there could be as much as ten feet.  This is not a stretch by any means and there is a little known recording of a "sighting" as they are coming into Blair, Nebraska and a BNSF crewmember sees one on the "right of way" which means beside the track.  He says "there is a bigfoot on the right of way" or something very similar to that.

So urban bigfoot to me, no problem........they are opportunists in every sense of the word.

• Upvote 2

SSR Team

LeafTalker, those woods (Schiller) are very different now to what they would have been back in the 60's.

They are literally right on top of O'Hare.

The area around the airport is much more built up now and even though there are a tonne of woods in that general vicinity, I find it so incredibly hard to see how an animal, and multiple animals of this size are living in Cook County.

It's very, very hard to comprehend that and yes I'm fully aware of the waterway system there and the linkage to each set of woods.

The interesting thing is snow prints have been found in the area over several decades. No doubt a hoax can be considered, but is it logical to hoax tracks between some buildings near a rail yard in the dead of winter?  Logic would say that whatever left that foot print was a foot, unless you think the pest control individual was responsible, which I do not believe.  So how do you explain a Sasquatch using the railway at night to hunt? Well I think if you realized the concentration of viable food sources that do the same thing you might have a clue as to what would tempt a wary sasquatch to follow...

I have seen another set of snow prints where the Sasquatch was obviously moving around in a small area, perhaps stalking or hiding, it seems as though

it was pondering what to do next, so it is certainly not that unusual for prints to be found close together when they are more stationary, they are not always

taking there normal stride, just like you are not always walking with a normal stride, but it does make you wonder either way.

• Upvote 1

Let me just add that along the right of way of the tracks there are always dead critters.  Deer, raccoons, skunk, owls, possum, armadillo, jack rabbits, sometimes a cow, coyotes, and an occasional mountain lion near Red Rock, OK that was definitely collared and traveled from Colorado. So the hairy guys have a buffet of sorts if you think about it.  We drove back from the gifting area a month or so ago just at sundown and counted 40 deer.  There was a small 6-8 group, then 10-12 and then in a large meadow about 20.  All of them seemed relaxed and didn't scatter when they saw us driving down those back roads. It's country but not deserted by any means.

I was looking at the trackway shown in the snow and they really look like overlap or overstep prints made be a bear. I'm not an expert but the heel looks like its very thin, in proportion to the front of the track, where the toes are located. The toes appear to be proportionally wider, if not splayed, compared to back portion of the print. This happens when the rear paw of a bear comes down, a little behind the front paw or in front of, depending on the stride and the speed, which creates the illusion of a larger print.

The notes with the photo point out the short stride which would indicate the creature was moving slow and taking small steps. However, this short stride would be more in line with a bear foraging and overlapping his prints. I would also expect to see bear activity close to human habitat as they are notorious garbage eaters.

I have seen other trackway photos, where the foot prints are very proportional and the stride length is much longer than what you'd expect from a bear.

Guest lightheart

I noticed the seeming overlap as well and was thinking possible bear. The toes look funny to me also....out of proportion. Good catch though. It is always difficult to tell for sure from a picture.

Edited by lightheart

Bear is a possibility, but the lack of curvature to the toes and length of the toes seems otherwise, I agree that the heel is odd. If anything I would suspect

a human foot print overlapping a bear, either way it has been overprinted somehow, a juvenile walking in the parents prints? I would have to see them in

person to make any determination. Too bad that Stan did not give me a ring to go check it out, I was sitting around most of the winter waiting for something

like that to do, I guess I will have to log some BFRO expeditions to make that possible.

I have seen another set of snow prints where the Sasquatch was obviously moving around in a small area, perhaps stalking or hiding, it seems as though it was pondering what to do next, so it is certainly not that unusual for prints to be found close together when they are more stationary, they are not always taking there normal stride, just like you are not always walking with a normal stride, but it does make you wonder either way.

I remember Stan said the same about another snow track near there which was basically in a backyard, that the shorter stride is natural when employing stealth around human occupied areas. Sure looks like Cook County is a happening place, from the number of BFRO reports. You don't need to join up to investigate further, though.

No but if Stan would give me that information I could follow up on reports up here, he is down state and it makes it difficult for him to travel

north each time one of these things pops up, There have been four separate set of snow prints found over the years in Chicagoland, and I

could have followed them further then the eyewitnesses had time or determination to do. The fact that it is near the railway is the only reason

I could give the track any credence, but without seeing it personally it is hard to know. This area is not infested with Sasquatch, it is just that

they have little room to hide, so they are detected more frequently. My guess is that the whole area is home to less than 10 individuals, two 

of which I heard, and it might be less than 8, but it seems at least two to three family groups.

• masterbarber locked this topic