What About The Bones?

BigTreeWalker

^I understand that, but as I said before they're not just in your forested areas. They supposedly live all over the country where there's farmlands, dry soils, sparse woodlands, etc..

How do you know nothing has ever been found, or found and not reported, or found and misidentified? I'm afraid the Internet won't help us here. How many bigfoot bones might be in a grave labeled 'John Doe'?

This is not speculation. I asked you a question and you chose not to answer it!

Here I will answer them for you... I can't. You can't. No one can. And for the last one... I don't know. Do you?

If you need the finding of bones to prove the existence of bigfoot then I suggest you start looking. I will continue to keep my eyes open as I always do in the woods, as I am sure others that are interested do as well. Maybe together we will find those elusive bones. I will address your next comment....

It is never a waste of time to spend time outdoors!

Thanks for the picture Norse. Fantastic!

^I understand that, but as I said before they're not just in your forested areas. They supposedly live all over the country where there's farmlands, dry soils, sparse woodlands, etc..

I reject that hypothesis.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I know it's hard to believe that they would live in places with sparse woodland, but the evidence for it is just as strong as the evidence for Bigfoot living in the PNW and elsewhere.

s2r1mv.png

How do you know nothing has ever been found, or found and not reported, or found and misidentified? I'm afraid the Internet won't help us here. How many bigfoot bones might be in a grave labeled 'John Doe'?

This is not speculation. I asked you a question and you chose not to answer it!

Here I will answer them for you... I can't. You can't. No one can. And for the last one... I don't know. Do you?

If you need the finding of bones to prove the existence of bigfoot then I suggest you start looking. I will continue to keep my eyes open as I always do in the woods, as I am sure others that are interested do as well. Maybe together we will find those elusive bones. I will address your next comment....

It is never a waste of time to spend time outdoors!

Thanks for the picture Norse. Fantastic!

I don't know if Bigfoot bones have ever been found and not reported, but you already knew the answer. It's one of those questions that has no answer and doesn't support the argument either way, so what's the purpose?

Since the whole point of the thread is about physical evidence I would rather base the argument on the known, not the unknown. If there's ever a day where some guy comes forward to show Bigfoot bones that he's been hiding then great, I will gladly say I'm wrong. But until that day comes I'll stick to what is known, which is no Bigfoot bones found.

If you need the finding of bones to prove the existence of bigfoot then I suggest you start looking.

I don't need them but they would certainly help to end the debate, especially considering that people claim that Bigfoot is too cunning and stealthy to be hunted, captured, or killed. 

For some reason this thread went from animal bones to acidic soil in the forest to the soil argument used for Bigfoot bones. I know that's not what you intended it for so I'll just let you decide where it goes from here.

Tens of thousands of reports around human habitation- backyards and campsites were only examples. These reports are all over the country in just about every state. We're not just talking the dense wilderness of the PNW, but also states with sparse woods and miles of developed farmland. If the Bigfoots live in those states then where would they be buried? Woods get cleared, miles and miles of farmland gets ripped up, shouldn't there have been Bigfoot bones found at some point?

Oklahoma for example- the eastern half of the state has large cities that were carved out of the woods. Cities like OKC and Tulsa used to be woodlands. If the Bigfoots in that state live in the woods, shouldn't there have been Bigfoot bones found when they cleared the woods to build those cities? How about all the other cities in that part of the country that were built by clearing large sections of woodland?

Well I don't have the opinion that they are all over the country everywhere and in the hundreds of thousands. Just like I don't have the opinion they live right next to a logging road or campsite.

So many people claim to have encountered Ted Bundy. Even Blondie singer Debbie Harry claims to have encountered Ted Bundy in his VW...in New York City for goodness sake. Obviously she didn't as there is no indication Bundy was ever in NYC in the early 1970s and he never drove his VW east of Colorado. Obviously many of the women who believe they encountered Ted Bundy didn't. But that doesn't mean none of the women who claimed to have encountered Ted Bundy ever did.

What I am saying is that just because bigfoot can't be everywhere (I agree with you here) it doesn't mean they must be nowhere.

I reject that hypothesis.

Me too. :thumbsup:

Edited by Neanderfoot

I should add that just because people are now claiming bigfoot sightings in Britain, it doesn't mean that the PGF must be a hoax. 

Well that's fine having your own beliefs about it, but I was talking about the legend as a whole- the general history of what has become Bigfoot. The earliest sightings from the 18-1900's and the Native American beliefs had them pretty much all across the northern half of the US. Then you have loads of sightings since then that put them practically everywhere.

I guess a person doesn't have to believe that they were ever outside of the PNW or whatever, but how do you come to that conclusion?

I am just not seeing restriction to the PNW.  From an ecological standpoint and from the standpoint of the evidence, it just doesn't make sense.

Roguefooter, you are right. This thread was not intended to be a discussion about bigfoot bones themselves. It is about found evidence. I gave some information about what to look for if unusual bones are come across in the forest, as it appears they have been, which you cannot refute. But, it also seems to come back around to the argument of no bones found which can't be supported any better than the idea that they have. There is and has been enough discussion out there about why they haven't by Meldrum, Steenburg, Barackman, and even Pyle as well as others. In my mind it as been discussed acceptably having spent much time in the outdoors. If it hasn't for you then I suggest you do continue to look as I will be. If it doesn't matter then why argue about it? Your arguments don't hold water for me anymore than mine do for you. I guess that's how it must remain.

Guest Crowlogic

I know it's hard to believe that they would live in places with sparse woodland, but the evidence for it is just as strong as the evidence for Bigfoot living in the PNW and elsewhere.

s2r1mv.png

No reason in the world they can't be in sparse woodlands or in deserts and city subway systems.  They seem to be everywhere merrily living their bigfoot lives.  Let's put a few up in the Hollywood Hills and some on Miami Beach.  Anywhere you want will do and bigfoot will thrive.  But be aware it's thriving in peoples imagination for if it was actually in even half the places it's claimed we would have a type specimen by now.

To those who think there is nothing "actual" in a report of large anomalous bones being found because they have gone missing since, I would reply this is another hypothesis that needs its butt kicked to the curb. These reports are just more evidence that needs to be pursued, but has not been.  Yes, it would be hard. It is even harder when there is no will to look. Make that "impossible."   

Maybe this Summer, or some Summer to come, there will be a research intern in some large natural history museum who is given the thankless task of sorting all those bones that are in all of those liquor boxes under the back stairway...  :-)     

And....You are fairly easily duped C.L.

...and is damsight gonna find out what *these* are because slave wage aside he didn't want to do all this for nothing.  Nobels come from the weirdest places.

No reason in the world they can't be in sparse woodlands or in deserts and city subway systems.  They seem to be everywhere merrily living their bigfoot lives.  Let's put a few up in the Hollywood Hills and some on Miami Beach.  Anywhere you want will do and bigfoot will thrive.  But be aware it's thriving in peoples imagination for if it was actually in even half the places it's claimed we would have a type specimen by now.

I would count Time Number 659,945 that this has been addressed, were I interested in addressing this again.

Video?

BFF Patron

I ask that everyone reading this thread note the topic, with is animal bones that BigtreeWalker found with tooth marks, then read the forum rules about highjacking, the find the posts from Crowlogic and Roguefooter who came in with their tired old arguments about BF bones that have nothing to do with the thread topic and let your conscious guide you about hitting the report button if you so choose. Quite frankly this thread is one of the best one going for honest scientific approach to the topic and allowing hijackers to come in to engage with the author on a completely different topic of their choosing is a prime example of thread highjacking.

• Upvote 1

^^^^That right there.

Some of us keep right on kneejerk commenting on stuff that *we ourselves have already pointed out* has nothing behind it and is beneath notice.

Guilty.  I'll stop.  And in future give it the response it deserves.

Off topic is off topic.