What About The Bones?

BigTreeWalker

This has always bothered me. Deer and elk bones lay around for years in the Gifford Pinchot forest. The theory that bigfoot bones instantly disappear does not make sense. However, I have never seen cougar, coyote or bear bones, so where are they?

For every elk bone you find in the woods hundreds rot or are consumed or are buried.

But there are millions of elk. It's a numbers game.

Yearly mortality rates for ungulates number in the tens of thousands.

And I've never heard a theory that Bigfoot bones instantly disappear. The same process is at work with acidic volcanic soil regardless of the species.

Back on topic....

BigTreeWalker - when can we expect publication of the paper?  Is the information in this thread and the YakimaHerald all that has been released?

Guest Crowlogic

nobody ever said you cannot find ungulate bones in the forest.

However what has been said for decades BTW is that the acidic soil of the PNW rain forests causes bones to rapidly disappear and therefore you'll not likely find bigfoot bones.  In the real world bones are found and they are found in the PNW  too.  Primate bodies and bones are found in Africa sadly and frequently in  the wake of  poachers.  

Guest OntarioSquatch

I suspect that Sasquatch do something with their dead. There's a report where someone shot one on his property in Oklahoma and another one came of the tree line and ran off with the body. They could be burying their dead for all we know. Given the possibilities, I think it's important to not dismiss their existence based on just a lack of bones.

Just for discussion if we eliminate the shallow graves dug by killers and we didn't know to look under a headstone, in old city or village sites, how many human bones would we find?

Guest ksu4

Respectfully BTW, I'm not sure that is a valid example. I've seen human 'burial ceremonies' more times than I would like, and know where bones could be located if desired. In other parts of the world with different burial practices, human bones are even easier to locate.

Have you seen any sasquatch burial ceremonies? If so please inform us where to look.

Just for discussion if we eliminate the shallow graves dug by killers and we didn't know to look under a headstone, in old city or village sites, how many human bones would we find?

An awful lot. Human bones are found all the time without any kind of marker or indication that the bones are there. Every time you dig in the ground there is the potential for finding them. The bones of Kennewick Man are 9000 years old, and were found in the PNW of all places, buried in that acidic soil and washed out by the Columbia River.

Since Bigfoot is supposed to also exist outside of the 'acidic soil of the PNW', and all over the US, we should also find their bones in regular dry soils. We're constantly digging up the soil, finding bones dating back to the dinosaurs on a regular basis. Why no Bigfoot bones?

Except there are 7 billion humans on the planet. 

Assuming BF is an exceptionally rare species, it's a whole different thing.

Could you locate cougar bones?  Probably not, and cougars don't bury their dead.  Imagine cougars did bury their dead.  Where would you look?

If you do a Google search you'll see that a lot of people have come across cougar bones in the wild-

https://www.google.com/search?q=early+human+bones+united+states+found&biw=1366&bih=580&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=d4NZVa2bBsmDsAWC8YC4Cw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg#tbm=isch&q=cougar+bones

I'm sure cougar bones have also been unearthed from all of the land excavation that goes on every day in this country, including their prehistoric ancestors.

Now either Bigfoot could be an exceptionally rare species like you say, or it could be seen all across the US like other people say. You simply can't have both. An exceptionally rare species isn't going to create tens of thousands of sightings.

Even if there were only a handful of Bigfoot on this planet, each one would still need two parents, and those parents would each have two parents, and so on, and so on. Over the years that becomes a lot of bones to be found, and given their size they shouldn't be easily overlooked.

You know I'm all for the existence of Bigfoot, but when you start looking at the numbers and the every day reality of things, it starts to look really dismal. I'm on the fence because I look at the PGF and I just can't see certain aspects of it being hoaxed. It's really that compelling. When I look at just about all the other reports though nothings seems very convincing.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

RogueFooter, Very interesting link. I think I counted a total of two dead cougars in all those pictures. And it's interesting that one of them linked to this:

http://cliffbarackman.com/research/articles-2/where-are-the-bones/

Also Kennewick Man was found in eastern Washington, by the way, which is very dry! He was found in a bank of the Columbia River. Which, if I remember right is the kind of place SWWaSasquatchProject suggested looking near Mt St Helens.

Sure people get lost and die in the woods. Sometimes their remains are found, sometimes not. I'm sure bigfoot may occasionally die alone by accident also, but how many millions of square miles would we have to search to find those few bodies. On this forum alone suspected bones have been found, though not collected. I am certain if those individuals were to find more, that mistake would be rectified.

Yeah there really weren't many on that link but more could be found with various other searches like 'mountain lion bones' or 'dead mountain lion' etc. Bottom line is that they are found, and who knows how many actually die of natural causes? They seem to get killed by hunters and cars by the truckload.

As far as searching far and wide for Bigfoot bones, why assume there's only a few? Like I said before, if there's only a few then why so many sightings nationwide? Something isn't adding up here. I don't think even bears are sighted as much as Bigfoot, certainly more than cougars. With these numbers why assume they're such a rare species?

It's like people want them to be really sparse to explain away the lack of bones, yet also want to present the multitude of sightings and tracks in the US and Canada as evidence of something.

The only reason I said a few, were the ones that died before they were able to go hide in a secluded spot as they say other apex predators do.

You mentioned bears. I wish bigfoot was as easy to see as it is for me to see bears. I've seen around ten in the last five years. Plus about 5 sets of bear tracks. :-)