What About The Bones?

BigTreeWalker

In one of the threads recently someone posted that we may have hurt sasquatch populations around the turn of the 20th century. That they may have lost some of the knowledge and skills they had previously. I think that is a reasonable observation. I apologize for not remembering who that was.

What were the reasons given for sasquatches losing some of the skills they previously had?  I know some of the Native American lore speaks of trade with sasquatches, where Indians would leave things sasquatches were said to be unable to make themselves, such as baskets and blankets, and in turn the sasquatches would leave foodstuffs: animals, berries, acorns, etc.  One impediment of sasquatch tool use, as I surmise, is they don't have a great need for tools to accomplish tasks or provide clothing, and they might lack the deeper abstract reasoning that would require more specialized tool use.  But they certainly demonstrate a higher level of intelligence of manipulating things, like knowing how to operate gate latches and even closing the gates behind themselves.

BigTreeWalker,

Here are some places where you could submit your paper.  Dr. Meldrum has a site for scientific papers on sasquatch.  

The Relict Hominoid Inquirey

http://www.isu.edu/rhi/submissions.shtml

You might could also send it to the Stocking Hominid Research, Inc.

http://www.stockinghominidr.com/Papers-Articles.html

Edited by jayjeti

Thanks SWWSP. We met with Mr Townsend this morning. Everything seems to be on track. Looking good.

Jayjeti, I don't remember all the details about the loss of skills related to a decrease in population,but it made sense. Wish I could direct you there.

My personal opinion is that sasquatch doesn't need the tools, fire or shelter to survive. We humans always equate intelligence with technology. We require technology to survive. What if the intelligence used to develop technology was channeled in a different direction? What would be the result? That is definitely off topic but it is food for thought.

Thanks for the links jayjeti. I was aware of Dr Meldrum's site, but not the other one.

I don't know that there has been a decrease in population or how that could relate to skills.  I was just curious what that could be about, and I understand you don't remember.

I agree aptitude can come in many forms, not just the manipulation of technology, and sasquatches may have certain aptitudes for their particular lifestyle that exceeds our own, who knows.

Jayjeti,

Welcome to the Internet folks. That link is a commentary on an interview. No doubt with some of the authors own input to boot. I do know the pictures in that commentary were added by the author and none of ours.

This is the original article. Not much better but still the original.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/state_news/proof-of-bigfoot-is-in-the-bones-winlock-man-says/article_03b195ef-a782-58e9-823a-9f1a97bf6b5b.html

Good article, thanks for posting the link BTW. Very interesting and noteworthy how the writer spells it out in such a manner the reader can almost visualize exactly what was experienced through the eyes of the professor. There are several reports of researchers connecting this stockpiling of bones to Bigfoot for reasons yet not understood. Similarly, I noticed two three maybe perhaps more reports from around the Great Lakes where the reporting person goes into great detail examining and noting specie type - some bone piles they reported were as high three feet.

I recall one farmer claimed first pile he discovered inside an old abandoned barn he hadn't used in years consisted of cow, cat, dog, coyote, turkey, deer and hog. He knew exactly nothing of Bigfoot and therefore never considered the possibility and couldn't understand how the pile came to be inside his barn. Nevertheless he scooped them up with a front end loading tractor and buried them. The next spring, he found another pile greater than before and did the same thing.

In another completely different time and location a researcher located several caves and once again discovered piles of bones from a variety of animals large and small. The individual reporting explained his passion for the things and need to learn more about them but felt threatened when they appeared to be herding him forcing him to leave the area immediately.

In the area we go, it has been the scene of numerous sightings. It has also been scene of numerous findings of bone piles and caches of deer carcasses sometimes as many half dozen or as many as twelve and a few their heads twisted completely off their bodies. Oddly enough though, I have never seen a deer in the wild in that area but seen many in the metro areas. I may be incorrect but I believe most all of the deer carcasses exhibited a twisted hind leg of varying degrees.      

Gumshoeye

Edited by Gumshoeye

Gumshoeye,

Thanks for the comments. I have read some of those reports because of the bone stacking behavior. Breaks and twists may be standard behavior but they are not difinitive. Because it would be very hard to prove what did it. Whereas, with a closer look at the bones themselves we may find some more conclusive evidence as to who the actual culprit was. That type of evidence can be forensically identified.

I'm not saying people haven't witnessed this type of twisting behavior by bigfoot. It's just that it is not scientifically provable. Carcasses which are left almost uneaten, with little to no impressions in the hide are also very hard to determine the cause of death.

That's why we are specifically looking at the bones.

I revisited an elk carcass left from fall's hunting season today. It was nearly invisible, covered with freshly sprouted vanilla leaf and bracken fern. This will be a tough task in the summer months. Winter will most likely be the easiest time to find anything interesting.

BFF Patron

What were the reasons given for sasquatches losing some of the skills they previously had?  I know some of the Native American lore speaks of trade with sasquatches, where Indians would leave things sasquatches were said to be unable to make themselves, such as baskets and blankets, and in turn the sasquatches would leave foodstuffs: animals, berries, acorns, etc.  One impediment of sasquatch tool use, as I surmise, is they don't have a great need for tools to accomplish tasks or provide clothing, and they might lack the deeper abstract reasoning that would require more specialized tool use.  But they certainly demonstrate a higher level of intelligence of manipulating things, like knowing how to operate gate latches and even closing the gates behind themselves.

Mankind itself has gone through evolutions where skills and knowledge disappeared with civilizations.     With the cradle of humanity around the Mediterranean Sea, many fairly advanced civilizations have been destroyed by volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, tsunamis, etc.  Throw in the fact that mankind loves to conquer and destroy other cultures along with all of their records and knowledge.   The Minoans were quite advanced and are thought to have even sailed to North America.    But their entire civilization along with advanced tool and metal use was destroyed in a volcanic eruption and tsunami.    Their culture was unknown to mankind until ruins were found in the 20th century.    The fewer the number of an culture the more likely cultural knowledge like tool use dies out with individuals or groups.    Perhaps the scattered BF settlements and few numbers have caused such cultural knowledge and tool usage to die out  in many areas because without writing there is no way to transfer that information to follow on generations if knowledgeable individuals die.   I am sure it is much like humans in the hunter gatherer stage of development before settlements.    Individuals or small groups did not interact much with other small groups because they normally had territorial and adversarial relationships competing for the same food sources.      From what little we know about BF it seems they have the same issues with territory.    That tends to compartmentalize tribes and minimize transfer of cultural knowledge tribe to tribe. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

I think if Sasquatch exists at all it took a completely different evolutionary path than we did and I base that on my mother's philosophy of the disconnect between the original NA people and the European settlers. Before the mass arrival of the Europeans the NA people had a less materialistic and a more spiritual outlook on life. No one owned any land although fights broke out over utilizing resources within territories, that concept was completely foreign. Everything was interconnected and what you did left repercussions on everything else.

If Sasquatch doesn't need tools, and can provide for himself with ease, is more adapted to living in the open without having to make accommodation for lack of strength or inability to tolerate temperature extremes, then it stands to reason that what appears stupid to us may in fact be millions of years ahead of us evolutionary wise when it comes to consciousness and how that interfaces with our world. There might be more to our world that we can't perceive because we are still stuck trying to work within our materialistic confines. They very well might be able to see more than we do and the old shamans might be right about what's really out there in our world.  It's not necessarily a paranormal concept, just a different way of being in order to survive their own challenges.

Certain things I've read here make me think I might be on the right track with this. I've been doing an awful lot of reading on consciousness, how the brain works, why it works the way it does. I thought back on Salubrious's story of the two Sasquatch having seizures in the middle of the highway, Sasfooty's stories, Paulides conclusions that they are deaf, and even Justin's statement that the child bigfoot that he shot spoke like deaf people do. If you had interconnected consciousness with your environment and other's like yourself you might not be so dependent on your ability to hear.

There might not be any obvious culture to pass on that we would understand. Bite marks on bone might be the best physical evidence that we can find of their culture.

Edited by Divergent1

Divergent1, interesting thoughts. We humans with all our technological baggage tend to think that is the sign of high intelligence. Intelligence without it is alien to us. This is off topic but you might find this interesting if you haven't read it before.

https://knowledgeutopia.wordpress.com/2014/08/28/the-cetacean-brain-and-hominid-perceptions-of-cetacean-intelligence/

It's not about bigfoot but it still pertains, I think, because it is a different way to look at intelligence.

Guest Divergent1

Wow, I hadn't thought to look at the brain development of whales and dolphins. But you are right, that's what I was trying to get across about bigfoot's  perception of the world being different.

Guest lightheart

Wow is right. That is one of the very best articles I have ever read. Lots of food for thought. Thank you for posting this BTW. (:

BFF Patron

I have to disagree with Divergent's assertion that Native Americans did not own land.     I would say that the cliff dwellers of Arizona, and the Mississippi Mound Dwellers would lay claim to their structures and the land they were on.    Coastal Native Americans in Washington and Oregon had log dwellings and small cities that were at the time of the start of the white Western migration larger than any white settlements West of the Mississippi.      The hunter gatherer concept for all NA is a myth promoted by the US Government to justify Native Americans being displaced from lands the white settlers wanted.    Certainly Midwest buffalo dependent NA were hunter gatherers and followed the herds and the US Government wanted to portray all NA tribes as being like that to seize land.  

It would not be surprising that a large percentage of the BF population would be deaf.      Given their expected life span at least comparable to humans,    ear infections and lack of antibiotics to treat them, would make a fairly large percentage of the population deaf.       Just as it was in pre-antibiotic times for humans.    The juvenile years, as it is with human babies, being when they would be most susceptible to ear infections.   Throw in parasites and the incidence of deafness would climb higher than in pre-antibiotic humans.      I have thought that deafness might be the reason for all the road crossing sightings from a normally reclusive creature.     But I don't think that we can assume from a few witness accounts that the whole BF population is deaf.     Perhaps that deafness is what caused the sighting to happen in the first place.