Why Would Denialist Waste Their Time On This Or Any Other Bf Website?

MNskeptic

I'm not convinced that's the case. If you look at the IS forums, the Bigfoot ex-proponents over there are trying hard to convince themselves that Bigfoot doesn't exist. They use the social aspect of phenomenon as an excuse to justify their continued obsession with the topic. If some of those people were truly convinced that there's no Bigfoot, they wouldn't spend another second on it. I'm sure of it. 

The idea of Bigfoot being out there really messes with these peoples heads. One of the guys on that forum got angry and scared when I posted high quality frames from the PGF. That's not normal.

You've never seen claims/posts by proponents that appear "not normal"? 

People are people - we are often as similar to one another as we are different and so the trappings of extreme skepticism are little different from those of extreme belief. Should all Bigfoot skeptics (or proponents, for that matter) be judged by the appearances of a vocal minority? Or by a single poster who appears to be missing a few kangaroos in the top paddock? It is important to understand that the idea Bigfoot is not really out there can be just as confronting as the idea that it is...

The subject (Bigfoot, UFOs, sea monsters, whatever) remains just as interesting, if not more so, even if they do not exist. Instead of What is it? the question becomes What is going on? With the former approach one needs to consider only some claims/reports in order to support one's particular hypothesis (Bigfoot = ape/human/hybrid/whatever) but not others which don't; but with the latter approach all claims/reports are of equal value - Bigfoot is simultaneously everything it is claimed to be and nothing - so, then, what is going on? How is that not interesting?

Even if Bigfoot is someday conclusively proven to exist in some small remote area of BC (or wherever), is studied thoroughly, and every specimen can be GPS monitored the question still remains: What is going on with everyone else?

Edited by Night Walker

The vast majority of scientists don't know much about the subject and haven't even looked at it.

Prove it!

I'm not convinced that's the case. If you look at the IS forums, the Bigfoot ex-proponents over there are trying hard to convince themselves that Bigfoot doesn't exist. They use the social aspect of phenomenon as an excuse to justify their continued obsession with the topic. If some of those people were truly convinced that there's no Bigfoot, they wouldn't spend another second on it. I'm sure of it. 

The idea of Bigfoot being out there really messes with these peoples heads. One of the guys on that forum got angry and scared when I posted high quality frames from the PGF. That's not normal.

Yes that would just silly just constantly discussing something that doesn't exist with the fervor they do.

Why do people who firmly believe or know they exist bother arguing with skeptics with the fervor they do? Seems silly to me

• Upvote 1

It is beyond silly.  It shades way over into the actively absurd.  And I'm looking at you, bigfoot skeptics.  You have two sensible alternatives:

1) Join the chorus shouting for mainstream attention to what the evidence clearly says is an uncatalogued animal;

2) Find something else to do.  You're running out of productive days here.

The vast majority of scientists don't know much about the subject and haven't even looked at it. They'll even tell you the PGF is a fake despite knowing nothing about suit technology.

I have never seen a bigfoot skeptic make a negative claim about the topic that he could back up in any way that made sense.  No, "can't prove a negative" doesn't work; that's not your tasking; that has been explained carefully to you; and you should understand it by now.

By the way, no matter how much mainstream science rejects bigfoot, it's not going to make the subject go away. It won't. It's here to stay.

Another way to say it:  It does not matter what anyone thinks.  Existence is, regardless of opinion.  If bigfoot is real, it is real as Reese Witherspoon, as real as Barack Obama and Swiss cheese, right now.  Regardless what anyone thinks.  Opinion never made something disappear.

Guest Crowlogic

Here is a negative bigfoot comment that can be backed up and tested.  There is not a single museum, zoo or animal park in this country that has a biological bigfoot on display alive or dead.  Go ahead check it out.   The reason is bigfoot doesn't exist.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Well, I'm personally done reading anything written by hoaxers and denialists. There's just nothing to learn from their posts. Maybe some novel insight into human psychology, but that's about it. They post the same repetitive arguments about how Bigfoot can't exist when you already know what the evidence is pointing to. 

Here is a negative bigfoot comment that can be backed up and tested.  There is not a single museum, zoo or animal park in this country that has a biological bigfoot on display alive or dead.  Go ahead check it out.   The reason is bigfoot doesn't exist.

I have been told by people who work in museums that there are BF bones in storage, but they will never be displayed because people don't believe, and showing the bones would cause a lot of controversy.. 

I also wonder why it is so important to skeptics to hang out at a Bigfoot Forum to tell believers and *witnesses* that this species does not exist.

Personally, there are better ways to spend their time, perhaps doing some *real* research?

Guest Crowlogic

I have been told by people who work in museums that there are BF bones in storage, but they will never be displayed because people don't believe, and showing the bones would cause a lot of controversy.. 

And what museum did those people work for?  There are people who say we have alien bodies in storage but they can't tell you where.  There was a bigfoot report where forest rangers went after a rampaging bigfoot with machine guns even.  People can and will say anything and each and every fringe topic and cryptozoology branch is fueled by words and stories by the scores.  However all of the words and stories turn out to vaporize when really put to task.

Well, I'm personally done reading anything written by hoaxers and denialists. There's just nothing to learn from their posts. Maybe some novel insight into human psychology, but that's about it. They post the same repetitive arguments about how Bigfoot can't exist when you already know what the evidence is pointing to. 

There is something to learn from skeptics and non believers.  Especially from former believers, and it is called critical thinking, cross examination and rising above popular ignorance.  If you are so rock solid sure of your position just have a laugh for yourself and bask in your beliefs.  Remember every day that the sun rises and your belief does not produce an unassailable  fact is another day  that belief system becoming a bit more hollow.

I'm there too; and I have no truck with anyone who thinks they add to the discussion.  Denial is denial; fakery is fakery.  They add nothing.  Real research driven by real skepticism?  That does.  They talk about the fascinating psychology of the believer when they are the true case study.

I also wonder why it is so important to skeptics to hang out at a Bigfoot Forum to tell believers and *witnesses* that this species does not exist.

Personally, there are better ways to spend their time, perhaps doing some *real* research?

And don't they have a million excuses why they aren't doing that.  Again, they talk about excuses and obstruct a scientific investigation...and they're the ones that are making up 100% of the excuses.

I see absolutely no reason for anyone to submit anything they have for the scrutiny of people who don't nearly understand enough to even understand what they're looking at unless a bigfoot is breaking their front door down.  They don't deserve time of day much less access to evidence.  Their contribution...isn't.

And what museum did those people work for?  There are people who say we have alien bodies in storage but they can't tell you where.  There was a bigfoot report where forest rangers went after a rampaging bigfoot with machine guns even.  People can and will say anything and each and every fringe topic and cryptozoology branch is fueled by words and stories by the scores.  However all of the words and stories turn out to vaporize when really put to task.

Tell me, show me - Why? You wouldn't believe it anyway. I am done responding to folks who have nothing better to do with their time then to waste ours.

• Upvote 3

Not sure I could say it better.

I'll joust on denial threads about denial.  But if anything like this surfaces in a discussion about evidence I am reporting it.

There is something to learn from skeptics and non believers.  Especially from former believers, and it is called critical thinking, cross examination and rising above popular ignorance.  If you are so rock solid sure of your position just have a laugh for yourself and bask in your beliefs.  Remember every day that the sun rises and your belief does not produce an unassailable  fact is another day  that belief system becoming a bit more hollow.

There is also much to learn (much more than mere "novel insights") from hoaxers and the subjective effects of hoaxing, storytelling, and belief which, like it or not, form a big part of the Bigfoot phenomenon - both in the present and historically.

As I see it, a major reason for the unhealthy divide between proponents/"believers" and skeptics/"deniers" are the "knowers" on both sides - ones that are so sure of the correctness of their position and their innate infallibility that they only look for what they want to see and then cannot conceive of any other reasonable alternative...