Why Would Denialist Waste Their Time On This Or Any Other Bf Website?

MNskeptic

Guest Crowlogic

One really wonders what happened to the three most important words in science:  I don't know.

Saying one knows when one clearly doesn't says nothing flattering about one.

Those three words still exist but they are counterbalanced by  "I know now."  I don't know that fire will burn my hand so every time I am around fire I must see if it will burn my hand.  Eventually the "I don't know that fire can burn my hand"  is supplanted by "I know now fire will burn my hand."  The amount of times the hand will be burned depends on the person with the hand.

You know Crow, there are other ways to learn. You don't need to keep sticking your hands in the fire.  If you keep doing that, you are wagering far too much on the outcome. Ease up man. Full commitment vs. full withdrawal  is a false binary, and I imagine it is no danged fun at all. 

Nowhere I have seen but this topic, pretty much, do people take pains to be the first out of the gate to call baloney on something they don't have the first idea about.

No scientist is ever at No or Yes.  He is always at ...so far as we know.

Guest Crowlogic

Nowhere I have seen but this topic, pretty much, do people take pains to be the first out of the gate to call baloney on something they don't have the first idea about.

No scientist is ever at No or Yes.  He is always at ...so far as we know.

As far as we know if you jump out of an airplane at 20,000 feet without a parachute you will not survive the fall.  But  based upon falling  or jumping from airplanes when the fall moderating device (parachute) failed it is a very certain statement if you confidently say a human cannot survive a fall from 20,000 ft.   Now then based on the negative stand taken by the vast majority of scientists and scientific writers the case for bigfoot is between extremely small to none.  Based on the outright fakery and overwhelmingly poor evidence supplied by the bigfoot community itself  it is as safe to say that there is no bigfoot as it is to say that jumping out of an airplane at 20,000 ft will result in the death of the jumper.  Sorry friend but there are absolute knowns in the world.

Sad, incredibly sad.

Add the question to what that post was a reply to at least.

You've copied a post from an other thread, an answer to a question, to a completely different thread, and now you're trying to pull it apart without even offering why the post was written in order to try and make me look bad ?

You used to be better than that Kitakaze, you've lost it old boy..

Must be all that aloud music over the years, it's burst some brain cells.

Smile once in a while Kitakaze, laugh at yourself too for not being perfect, you might feel a little better about life if you do..

The post of mine which you object to the number of times "I" is used is in response to MNskeptic's thread "What's the deal with skeptics?"...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/51346-why-would-denialist-waste-their-time-on-this-or-any-other-bf-website/page-4#entry910304

It is addressing why I participate in the forum and what I think about the possibility of Bigfoot existing, why I am interested in the subject. Thus, rather than repeating myself, I am answering the OP question with that same post. There's no lauding of personal achievements or any claim of any superior abilities and it's rather hard to explain one's thoughts regarding Bigfoot existing and why you are interested when you don't believe without using the word "I".

I smile often and most certainly can't claim to be perfect. We are Bigfoot enthusiasts, so I think a sense of humour is a factory setting.

Agreed and plussed.

You take this stuff too serious Kit and it will make you crazy. You of all people should know that.

And I'll take the time to defend Kit, he cares more about this forum than many of you realize and he's proved it. Also he and all skofftics/denialists, whatever you want to call them have as much right to be here and they do contribute just as much as anyone.

Just lighten up a little though Kit. In the end, it's all just words on the internet.

Reason for the smell is discovered...

funny-celebrity-pictures-breaking-news-l

As far as we know if you jump out of an airplane at 20,000 feet without a parachute you will not survive the fall.  But  based upon falling  or jumping from airplanes when the fall moderating device (parachute) failed it is a very certain statement if you confidently say a human cannot survive a fall from 20,000 ft.   Now then based on the negative stand taken by the vast majority of scientists and scientific writers the case for bigfoot is between extremely small to none.  Based on the outright fakery and overwhelmingly poor evidence supplied by the bigfoot community itself  it is as safe to say that there is no bigfoot as it is to say that jumping out of an airplane at 20,000 ft will result in the death of the jumper.  Sorry friend but there are absolute knowns in the world.

Fire and airplanes - nice. If you take a long walk off a short pier - now you might have something there! End sarcasm font. LOL

Your last sentence says it all, OS. Took me a few months on the BFF to figure it out and start to put certain members on ignore. The irony is, those who continue to engage them in fruitless conversation simply encourage them to stay. I strongly believe that if 80 to 90 percent of serious active members, including knowers, believers and honest skeptics, used the ignore feature on the same group of a dozen or fifteen people, those folks would bail in short order. That would leave the BFF a tiny bit leaner but a vastly improved forum for serious discussion of all things Bigfoot among people who, regardless of their current position, are truly interested in advancing their knowledge of the subject. This stratagem however, would work only if the majority of members who seem to enjoy tilting at windmills manage to restrain the impulse. I am not sanguine that such will happen anytime soon.

The open minded believer comes up with a solution!

'Put all the skeptics on ignore'

If I can leave DWA and others off the ignore list, certainly you can handle a couple of us weak minded skeptics' take on events.

I'm still with WSA.  This just doesn't look like any danged fun guys.  Join the science corner.  (We meet more girls, too.)

I think I have seen the ultimate.  The vast majority of scientific writers have exhibited nothing justifying their stance!  So let's liken it to jumping out of an airplane...which has a conclusion!  Which we have reached here, how?  By Crow's own thinking process, bigfoot's real, because no one has any evidence against either P/G or the animal.  Let him say what he wants; I'm right and he can't contest it because the thought process is so clearly not there.

If these people would start putting together consistent trains of rational thought, they might get me to concede something.  I can never concede anything to flat whack.

" Sorry friend but there are absolute knowns in the world."

One of these, according to Crow, is that bigfoot isn't real because the proof hasn't been accepted - YET - by the community at large.  First, that's the way it always is at scientific frontiers.  Second...by this very thinking, we must all be dead because the rest of our lives haven't happened yet.

Never mind which the existence of something does not care what we find or what we think.  Crow's belief that Science is God is, well, not shared by most scientists.

" Sorry friend but there are absolute knowns in the world."

One of these, according to Crow, is that bigfoot isn't real because the proof hasn't been accepted - YET - by the community at large.  First, that's the way it always is at scientific frontiers.  Second...by this very thinking, we must all be dead because the rest of our lives haven't happened yet.

Never mind which the existence of something does not care what we find or what we think.  Crow's belief that Science is God is, well, not shared by most scientists.

And some of the best minds once thought the world is flat.

The almost complete existential vacuum in which bigfoot skeptics exist is a source of continual amazement to me.  If they approached life the way they approach sasquatch, they would be lucky to make it through a day, never mind a week.

Guest OntarioSquatch

I don't consider ex-proponents to be skeptics. Not when they have such a strong desire to believe that there's no such animal. They're not any more skeptical than they were when they were proponents. The real skeptics are those who can look at the evidence without letting their desire to believe get the best of them.

BING-GO.

You score no points with me moving from raging bleever to raging scoffer; you just show me that you aren't letting thought lead the way, which it always must.