Albert Ostman

Old Dog

I lean towards the idea he encountered several bigfoot. The descriptions and behaviors don't necessarilly disagree with the more recent reports.

I think it is a real story. People who make things up usually don't hold onto their story forever like he did. And it happend WAY back in 1924 when sasquatch wasn't commonly known, so who would he be trying to impress with this tall tale? What he described seems to fit the 'profile' of these creatures as well, there seems to be some consistency in his details. When you combine his story with some of Paulides' stories, it just makes Ostman's story somewhat more believable, as unbelievable as it is. Has anyone found any glaring holes in Ostman's claim?

I'll watch the video after work.

Edited by TD-40

Has anyone found any glaring holes in Ostman's claim?

Hi TD:

I wouldn't say 'glaring' holes, but there are still some concerns raised as to the actual location and what and where he described things happening 'didn't add up' to some folks. 

Then, there's the BF behavior (little ones hopping on their butts, weaving mats) that don't seem to have been echoed in more modern reports.  Just some interesting tidbits.

That said, I'm not 100% convinced he experienced BF, but I'm well over 50% to the 'yes' side.

I would bet on Ostman's story being fundamentally true.  I see no reason not to. 

MIB

Just as I would do with any encounter report, either long and detailed like his, or fleeting and short on description, I put it on the pile labeled, "Needs to be explained." Until it is, it is an open question. Opinions of whether it is truthful or not, mine included, do not matter, but it does jibe with some other accounts and it predates the vast majority of those as well. Given the passage of time and unlikelihood of any new evidence coming to light to confirm/deny, this episode will probably remain beyond further explanation.      

• Upvote 1

Will from Sas Chron says someone he talked to, a known BF person, said he thought the story was  BS, as he interacted alot with A/O, and did a few interviews etc. or something.

I think it could be true, and through the grapevine, now they know to ''disrobe'' the humans they capture to make sure they don't have any weapons. Haven't heard of the disrobing 411 thing from way back then. So there could be a possible tie-in in behavior there.

Otherwise, he would have to have quite the friggin imagination.

There is another BF kidnap survivor story from California, a female captured a guy, and did weird things to him, he may have died also, after telling his story.

So there may be more kidnapping escape or found stories out there that are just not well known. That was from Sas Chron. Not listening to that show or any other blogtalks at this point.

Poo-poo.

Edited by Wag

SSR Team

I think it's true to a degree, with some embellishment and over dramatising in there at times and just can't believe a Guy like Ostman could make up a story like that in 1924 out of thin air, with some of the details he gave.

I find it harder to believe it's a total fabrication than not.

I will offer that Ostman's narrative was not exactly unprecedented. There is a rich tradition of "captive narratives" in American history, tales of white Europeans being abducted and held against their will by Natives. One of my antecedents wrote a harrowing narrative of capture by Shawnee in the late 18th century, for instance. So, not saying I know, but if he did want to do that, he had a well known template to follow.

Guest sixxgunner

I tend to think it has believable pieces, but the other parts (weaving mats) make me throw the whole story out. That behavior has not been reported since.