What About The Bones? Research Paper Now Available.

BigTreeWalker

lots of theories abound as to what it could be.

i think a body or body part is needed to settle it.

You're right Norse. I can show what our evidence isn't. We can compare it to what it might be. But that doesn't tell us what it is without a body or parts thereof. The best we can do with this evidence, Mr Townsend's comments aside, is say there is something uncategorized out there and it has human-like characteristics and tendencies.

Our ancestors lacked fangs or claws and it is presumed that our high protein diet first came from scavenging including using rocks to crack open bone and get to bone marrow.

Regarding our ancestors cracking open bones with rocks, here's a book review of David Claerr's book, "Sasquatch Tool Use,"  It suggests some sasquatches in Texas fashioned hand axes to split bones open for the marrow.  The bones had marks on them that matched the edge of a primitive looking hand ax they found.  Here is that book review.

http://sasquatchresearchers.org/blogs/bigfootjunction/2015/02/11/book-review-of-sasquatch-tool-use/

I'm curious if any of the stacked bones had markings like they were impacted with something to split the bones open.

Edited by jayjeti

Is it just me? Doe's it sound like Mitchel Townsend is taking all the credit for the research paper in his statement to anyone else?

That was my impression Wes, but it could be that the others want him to be the public face and don't mind how he presents himself.  I responded to Mr. Townsend's comments on one site asking if the real expertise and writing of the paper was primarily done by the others listed on the paper and he replied back that he wrote the research paper and the others were contributors, which I didn't respond back to that since I'm not privy to those things to know one way or the other.

Quoting myself:

"WesT, you noticed. :) That is one of the main reasons I've posted the original analysis.

Hopefully, you saw the link to that analysis. That was the basis that the part Mr Townsend wrote was based on. My personal opinion is that more of that should have been included in the full paper. It builds the groundwork for the rest of the paper in order to get to hominid or hominin.

Jayjeti, none of the bones were broken (seems like I have answered that question several times now). Only the ends of some of the ribs were chewed on. If there had been broken bones in the area my first assumption would have been canids. That's what they do. Maybe I would have done a closer examination and found something different. But then again maybe not.

I agreed with posting the paper to make it available for other researchers. However, I have no desire to be a part of the ad campaign that followed. Which is what it looked like to me.

FYI. I took the photos. I did the measurements, and the comparisons. My son and I found two of the sites and the trackway. If you have any questions about the bones and the original research, I can answer them.

Gerald

Just mentioning this for those that may question the measurements. :)

Can you provide the calibration records on the instruments used?

;-)

(Sorry, the metrologist in me needed to ask!)

Hello Cotter,

Do you keep cloud formation records as part of forecasting if you do indeed dabble in weather forecasting? If so what has been your determination for likely weather following cumulus lenticularis? Especially for the plains areas on the eastern side of mountain ranges? For the Southern  Maine area I usually see a minor weather event in 3-5 days with a more major event in 6-7.

LOL!

Metrology, not meteorology! 

metrology
[ meˈträləjē ]

NOUN
noun: metrology

the scientific study of measurement.

edit - after spending over a decade in quality engineering, I spent a ton of time with gages, R&R studies, and calibration.

Hello Cotter,

Aw shucks man. There goes a fine example of what it's like getting long in the tooth. I won't be taking up METROLOGY but if you ever decide to take up weather look me up. Anyway, sorry for the oversight. More on topic though does anyone have any info on the Meganthropus tooth someone found in Santa Cruz, CA? Has there been any further digging around there as a result of the find? I gather it a big tooth.

Nope, never have. It's kinda hard to tell from the photo but either that was a very big elk or those are cow bones. I assume that area is accessible by vehicle? The sites we have found are not accessible except by elk trails. At least 300 yards from the nearest poor roads. I have come across dead cattle in the forest, but either they died of unknown causes or were hauled and dumped there after they died. I have also found hunter and fisherman dump sites in the woods. Do you have any more information on that area?

This is where I found out about it. You will have to scroll down through it to find the photo. Not a whole lot of info but I hope this helps.http://www.omraoffroad.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11000

As near as I can tell, they were riding the Dark Divide. On the east end towards Mt Adams. I have been in Summit Prairie. Very near there. But that was a few years ago and I didn't see anything like that. All our research has been on the west end of the divide. If they are there, that is prime bigfoot habitat. Of course if they choose not to be seen it is easy to stay out of sight of motorcycle riders. I know I've done it myself. You can hear them coming for miles. I would like to find that boneyard though.

Thanks CM.

Just an aside. One day I was hunting along the Wright Meadow trail and heard some mountain bikers coming down the trail. They aren't to loud but it's pretty quiet in the forest. Anyway we sat down next to the trail to let them pass. They were right on top of us before any of the six of them noticed us. I have to laugh when I remember their reactions, but it really wasn't a laughing matter because they almost wrecked right there. I wonder how many bigfoot they rode by. ;)