A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

Crow define Bigfootism for us. It seems to get thrown around often as if it is a derogatory term for people interested in investigating the sasquatch subject.

Bigfootism:  A belief in a bipedal primate cryptoid in which  the believers construct and maintain the means for it's existence in light of ever increasing odds against it existence.

Bigfootism,  bigfootery,  etc are all derogatory terms aimed at proponents.    Someone could do a Masters thesis on the motivations skeptics have to come to a Forum dedicated to BF, spend the time they do trying to convince proponents they are wrong,  and when that does not work attack individuals with derogatory terms and personal attacks.     The whole thing is quite remarkable to me and I cannot begin to understand it.    

Have a better idea.  Why don't you take everything you know about bigfoot and create a Master's thesis based on it's existence by way of your evidence and see if it get's accepted.

What you perceive to be the fools errand.

There are fools and there are errands, chose your company and your activities wisely.

Crowlogic

Is there any way to read your thesis? I would like to read it, cause it seems interesting. If I could write a thesis on Bigfoot I would, believe me for a masters in this field heck yes! Then I would push for a Doctrine. Just so I can be addressed Dr.Julio12, how cool would that be. From a nobody to a Doctor  in two years, WoW just like what was placed next to the signal that was received by SETI. I be a Julio12 Goodall of Bigfoots, wonderful right.

But wait a minute, am I missing some thing here like the link to human kind. Except it is CrowLogic's link to Bigfoots, yes that what it is. Some 100 years of reported creatures scaring the day lights out of our ancestors who first explored this nation. They could not tell what it was or is. Description though was man like, but big and strong.

But here is the kicker, the evidence you once believed in failed you. Now you are determined to discount all and say that they never existed in the first place. You Sir now have an opinion and I value your opinion no matter what the out is. Total respect!   

Crow, I am a college graduate, spent lots of money for that piece of paper on the wall and at times I wonder why? The paper itself doesn’t make one smarter or brighter but what matters is what one chooses to do with the knowledge they achieve. What I found in life and learned here more than anything is this: Some of the most intelligent people I have ever been blessed with meeting were not holders of degrees of higher learning, and many that are don’t boast of their accomplishments. Many of those without are intelligent in unmeasurable ways and wise beyond their years in lifelong experiences that cannot be taught in text books.  - Just Saying

Edited by Gumshoeye

Here is how I understand bigfootery and bigfootism: - 

We have bigfoot dna but Bigfoot DNA can't be separated from human DNA.

Bigfoot has near supernatural abilities to avoid the capture of photographic images.

The examples above require assigning abilities/traits not found any other animal on the planet hence it's a bigfootism or bigfootery.

Guest Crowlogic

Crow, I am a college graduate, spent lots of money for that piece of paper on the wall and at times I wonder why? The paper itself doesn’t make one smarter or brighter but what matters is what one chooses to do with the knowledge they achieve. What I found in life and learned here more than anything is this: Some of the most intelligent people I have ever been blessed with meeting were not holders of degrees of higher learning, and many that are don’t boast of their accomplishments. Many of those without are intelligent in unmeasurable ways and wise beyond their years in lifelong experiences that cannot be taught in text books.  - Just Saying

College does not make a person smarter.  College at one time exposed person to different paradigms of thought.  Perhaps with the abandonment of liberal arts not so much now .  I'm sure it has gotten more didactic and narrow in scope.  However when I was a student it was still a more liberal climate across the board.  At one time I could intuit a person that had been to college vs one that hadn't.  Did it matter or make a difference?  Most of the time no.  Intelligence is what intelligence does.  However I've known very intelligent people who were highly educated and very accomplished both professionally and as human beings.  Conversely I've known highly intelligent people of commendable accomplishment whose intelligence could have taken them farther had they been exposed to a more diverse process of thought and knowledge.  My degree has done for me everything it's going to do.  I'm not at a point of personal empire building, just the opposite.  But more often than not it serves me well when accessing the infosphere.

Guest Crowlogic

Crowlogic

Is there any way to read your thesis? I would like to read it, cause it seems interesting. If I could write a thesis on Bigfoot I would, believe me for a masters in this field heck yes! Then I would push for a Doctrine. Just so I can be addressed Dr.Julio12, how cool would that be. From a nobody to a Doctor  in two years, WoW just like what was placed next to the signal that was received by SETI. I be a Julio12 Goodall of Bigfoots, wonderful right.

But wait a minute, am I missing some thing here like the link to human kind. Except it is CrowLogic's link to Bigfoots, yes that what it is. Some 100 years of reported creatures scaring the day lights out of our ancestors who first explored this nation. They could not tell what it was or is. Description though was man like, but big and strong.

But here is the kicker, the evidence you once believed in failed you. Now you are determined to discount all and say that they never existed in the first place. You Sir now have an opinion and I value your opinion no matter what the out is. Total respect!   

My thesis was about as dry as a desert bone except it was about water.  As for the failure of evidence it is not just a failure of evidence.  It was the failure of the construct supported by the evidence to move out of a self repeating and predictable mode of inconclusive results.  It was the predictability factor that did more to defeat than  evidence defeating itself.

Couldn't it be that when people reject the premise of the evidence, the evidence becomes zero no matter what? The effect the evidence has on people or science as a whole is not necessarily the truth of the matter. It only matters when people need the whole of science to acknowledge it first.

I don't need science to tell me what the evidence says, at least until they really study it. Skeptics and proponents alike think there should be better science applied to the evidence, but you don't see science wanting to do it very often. I blame that on the first sentence in this post.

Truth will predict the future every time and the evidence will repeat itself when there is a legitimate creature responsible for it, so citing this as some kind of negative is actually anti-science.

It's funny that you ask for this in the best evidence thread, because that's what happens with real evidence, then you flip around and call it self defeating in this one. 

• Upvote 1

College does not make a person smarter.  College at one time exposed person to different paradigms of thought.  Perhaps with the abandonment of liberal arts not so much now .  I'm sure it has gotten more didactic and narrow in scope.  However when I was a student it was still a more liberal climate across the board.  At one time I could intuit a person that had been to college vs one that hadn't.  Did it matter or make a difference?  Most of the time no.  Intelligence is what intelligence does.  However I've known very intelligent people who were highly educated and very accomplished both professionally and as human beings.  Conversely I've known highly intelligent people of commendable accomplishment whose intelligence could have taken them farther had they been exposed to a more diverse process of thought and knowledge.  My degree has done for me everything it's going to do.  I'm not at a point of personal empire building, just the opposite.  But more often than not it serves me well when accessing the infosphere.

It's hard to counter your point from the perspective you present.  I may find some of the claims presented here to be unbelievable, but I realize that I'm not the final authority. I leave it to others in this forum to judge for themselves who’s trying to give who a poisoned rose here. That said my hope is that we can draw on a reservoir of ideas and information exchanged here no matter what side of the fence we find ourselves with or without higher learning.  I think there's room alongside that for the idea that we can all agree on and that is people grow out of challenges beyond them, not from challenges below them.  Just a thought.     

Edited by Gumshoeye

The unfortunate thing here, I'll keep saying until I keep saying it, is that "science" is presumed to be something that only the people we call "scientists" do, unless of course a scientist does science and comes up with an answer we don't like, the case here.

Guest Crowlogic

The unfortunate thing here, I'll keep saying until I keep saying it, is that "science" is presumed to be something that only the people we call "scientists" do, unless of course a scientist does science and comes up with an answer we don't like, the case here.

Science is a discipline.  Major fly in bigfoot ointment is most "researchers" enter the field already believing.  You do a marvelous job of waving the science flag yet you bring nothing to the table supported by your "science".  However maybe this will help you.

scientific_method_zpsrbylqhfq.gif

BFF Patron

Bigfootism:  A belief in a bipedal primate cryptoid in which  the believers construct and maintain the means for it's existence in light of ever increasing odds against it existence.

Have a better idea.  Why don't you take everything you know about bigfoot and create a Master's thesis based on it's existence by way of your evidence and see if it get's accepted.

There are fools and there are errands, chose your company and your activities wisely.

Seems like I hit a nerve wondering why you spend your time in a forum about something you don't believe in.    I don't need a Masters degree and the only evidence that has not already been brought forth is a BF body on a lab table.   That would be required to have anything definitive as far as existence.    I want no part of that.    I was a skeptic when I started doing field work, not a believer as you say.    I decided to give myself one year, and if I did not find any evidence in that time, I would give it up.    It only took 5 months to find my first footprint.      In the meant time I have more modest goals of better pictures,  observation of behavior,  etc.   The grunt work of science appeals to me more than the brief fame that a body on a lab table would bring.  Anyone remember the name of the scientist that shot and brought out the first mountain gorilla body?  Hardly a household name.    I find it funny that skeptics and pro kill people at least agree on one thing, they both want a body. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Science is a discipline.  Major fly in bigfoot ointment is most "researchers" enter the field already believing.  You do a marvelous job of waving the science flag yet you bring nothing to the table supported by your "science".  However maybe this will help you.

Major fly in denial ointment is you believing something without testing it.  Most researchers (I know this) enter the field because they saw one, and know that the "scientists" aren't doing "science" when it comes to this.

You do have a nice little self-fulfilling prophecy set up, though.

Edited by DWA

Guest Crowlogic

I don't need a Masters degree and the only evidence that has not already been brought forth is a BF body on a lab table.   That would be required to have anything definitive as far as existence.    

Therein lies the entire issue.  Not one single molecule of said creature has ever been brought in.  The entire world of bigfootism is tipped into fantasy world by that one infinitesimal detail...not one molecule of hard proof.  Reality bites I know.

Major fly in denial ointment is you believing something without testing it.  Most researchers (I know this) enter the field because they saw one, and know that the "scientists" aren't doing "science" when it comes to this.

You do have a nice little self-fulfilling prophecy set up, though.

And you've tested it?  Exactly what and how was it tested?  You can't test hearsay and the scientific world is still waiting for a sample to test positive as belonging to said cryptoid.

BFF Patron

You should be able to understand it, because you do it yourself.

Let me refresh your memory:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/51455-show-your-best-evidence-if-you-please/?p=911911

You jumped to conclusions, made false derogatory hoaxer claims, then tried to convince the mods that what I was doing was wrong. DWA joined in and claimed it as being "malicious", even though none of it was true.

What's remarkable is the hypocrisy with you guys.

My problem was one of your making.   Your post 292 did give any credits for origin of the photos as you did later.    In post 292 you posted the series of pictures showing manipulation which I presumed you wanted to prove that you could hoax a BF photo.    You gave no credit to the source of the photographs.  That in itself is a common tactic of hoaxers.     When I pointed that out, you responded with the youtube videos which belatedly gave others the credit for what you had previously posted.     If you had given proper credit in post 292 for the origin of the pictures, I would not have even commented.       I did not report you so made no attempt to influence the moderators.   As they have repeatedly said,   only reporting will cause them to look at someone's comments.   

BFF Patron

Therein lies the entire issue.  Not one single molecule of said creature has ever been brought in.  The entire world of bigfootism is tipped into fantasy world by that one infinitesimal detail...not one molecule of hard proof.  Reality bites I know.

And you've tested it?  Exactly what and how was it tested?  You can't test hearsay and the scientific world is still waiting for a sample to test positive as belonging to said cryptoid.

You missed his point.    You do not believe in BF so have chosen not to do field work to test the hypothesis of existence of BF.     He has tested the hypothesis of existence and found evidence to his own satisfaction.    

Not a single molecule of the said creature has ever been brought in?    There sure are a lot of molecules in hair samples that did not test out to be some known animal.   You are aware of them right?  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT