A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

It's elemetary,

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/instinct

It's a brain function affecting behavior and might be learned or innate. An action that doesn't require conscious reasoning perhaps? Like ducking when something is thrown at your head. Some people say we only use about 10% of our brain at any one time, but the rest must be doing something right? It's processing information that the conscious mind is not aware of. I think it's where some us get our spidey senses. :)

"I don't understand," reduced to one word and given a dictionary definition.  I said what is it and how does it work?

Answer:  it isn't.

Pointing to the technology with which we are making the planet uninhabitable as an indicator of how high and mighty we are  is one of the best indicators that the person doing it just hasn't thought about this whole thing much.

We are getting way off track here, Crow thinks he's trying to save us from our delusions, and we are trying to show him he was right to give BF a chance.

Well, I don't know how much chance he gave it, but I do see that some people really don't get involved in the actual search and I'm sure with the amount of input information coming only from second or first hand accounts on the internet and from books, it's probably tiring to just have to take peoples word for things. Without one's own experiences it must be hard to see or piece together what is the hard truth, at least for someone who has little faith in people who are complete strangers to them.

While I haven't seen one myself, I did get involved in the search and met people who have and have grown to trust, along with some of my own experiences, which correspond to many reports and the evidence, so I know there is substance to this, and there is a biological entity responsible for it, and by most indicators, is at the very least, a great ape, though I lean towards the more advanced hominin hypothesis.

Guest Crowlogic

Crowlogic.....green monkeys. It is fairly well established they are capable of fabricating a specific kind of alarm signal (Eagle!) to trick others into abandoning a food source so as to leave more for them. That is an extremely complex and abstract thought process indeed.

Fairly established where?  Source?  If I understand you they are mimicking the sound of an eagle.  Using their own vocal organs.  Fabricating would be creating a device that mimics the sound of an eagle.  Abstract thought process?  Well are green monkeys self aware?  Human beings are the only known self aware animals.  Must not let cleverness masquerade as intelligence or abstract/higher thought.

We are getting way off track here, Crow thinks he's trying to save us from our delusions, and we are trying to show him he was right to give BF a chance.

Well, I don't know how much chance he gave it, but I do see that some people really don't get involved in the actual search and I'm sure with the amount of input information coming only from second or first hand accounts on the internet and from books, it's probably tiring to just have to take peoples word for things. Without one's own experiences it must be hard to see or piece together what is the hard truth, at least for someone who has little faith in people who are complete strangers to them.

While I haven't seen one myself, I did get involved in the search and met people who have and have grown to trust, along with some of my own experiences, which correspond to many reports and the evidence, so I know there is substance to this, and there is a biological entity responsible for it, and by most indicators, is at the very least, a great ape, though I lean towards the more advanced hominin hypothesis.

Negative I am not out to save anyone from anything.  Exactly what am I saving you from?  You might fall down and hurt yourself in the dark woods or get bitten by a poisonous snake out there but I can't save you from something that does not exist.  You know in my region there is this thing called the Mummers Parade.  The Mummers Parade is to professional performing as bigfoot research is to real science.  

Guest Stan Norton

I didn't say animals can't learn or have learned behavior.  A parrot can be taught to speak but does it know what it is saying?  Spiders spin webs by genetic programming.  Take the most advanced form of animal technology and intelligence and it is still many layers below even early humans.  

Sea Gulls do it all the time to break shellfish.  However if given a golf ball they'll fly it up and drop if 40 times not understanding that i is not a food stuff.    Also many animals have picked up  things from humans.  Learned behavior is not a sure sign of intelligence.  Many animals are clever but clever is not intelligence per se

What animal and what lie did it fabricate, when and where, source?

The problem I have with this is the assumption that the parrot can only display humanlike intelligence if it speaks and comprehends human language. I'm **** sure that parrots know exactly what they're saying to each other. We must be dumb for not comprehending it yet.

Guest diana swampbooger

Do we all agree there are different types of intelligence.

So, what type are yall talkin'?

Negative I am not out to save anyone from anything.  Exactly what am I saving you from?  You might fall down and hurt yourself in the dark woods or get bitten by a poisonous snake out there but I can't save you from something that does not exist.  You know in my region there is this thing called the Mummers Parade.  The Mummers Parade is to professional performing as bigfoot research is to real science.  

I'm trying to understand the point of the thread Crow, is it to convince anyone of bigfoot's non-existence, or to attack the science that would indicate it's there or what?

Crowlogic. Do your own research. And I note your lack of knowledge doesn't hinder you from offering a hip-shot opinion. Impressive.

By what authority is the question being asked of me for my authority?  I have already stated that in my formal education the postulations raised by the Bindenagle cast and his statements about it were not something discussed in higher life forms.  If I am wrong in my observations they will be disproved but since I am being attacked and not what I have posted as evidence of shoddy science I suppose there will be no counter proof coming.  That said MIB Old Dog is perfectly capable of answering for himself.   Post your counter evidence please.

We all have "formal" education, and some are even educators themselves, however, I wasn't aware of your having any sort of advanced degree in say, primatology or any of the human physiological disciplines, which would actually give you the authority to make your claims of morphing being impossible.  Yes, I am sort of paraphrasing here.  

"By what authority is the question being asked of me for my authority? "  Really?  Deflection is all you have?  That is so junior high.

I'm trying to understand the point of the thread Crow, is it to convince anyone of bigfoot's non-existence, or to attack the science that would indicate it's there or what?

“Goal Gradient†phenomenon says the farther we separate from our goals, the less interested we become in attaining them. Sometimes it seems like this applies to a lot these threads ... Just Saying.

Guest Crowlogic

Point of thread is a half a century good bad or indifferent.  The overall lack of hard evidence, circus atmosphere throughout most of bigfootism and the major failures of the most recent hard science applied convinced me that it was a dead end.  Now I haven't even mentioned the hoaxes they aren't really needed to discount the negative reality of the issue.

Crowlogic. Do your own research. And I note your lack of knowledge doesn't hinder you from offering a hip-shot opinion. Impressive.

Why do you insist that I don't.haven't done research into this affair?  No I no longer go into the field as there is no region I trust to produce bigfoot within 1500 miles of me.  But I follow a half dozen researchers on an almost daily basis.  Why?  Because when I state the lack of hard evidence I'm not blowing smoke at anyone.

Guest Crowlogic

We all have "formal" education, and some are even educators themselves, however, I wasn't aware of your having any sort of advanced degree in say, primatology or any of the human physiological disciplines, which would actually give you the authority to make your claims of morphing being impossible.  Yes, I am sort of paraphrasing here.  

"By what authority is the question being asked of me for my authority? "  Really?  Deflection is all you have?  That is so junior high.

By education I hold a Masters degree in Environmental Science.  My thesis was based on the field research I was hired to perform on Lake acidification.   Within attaining that degree there was ample exposure (formal study) of chemistry and biology.  As an environmental engineer you need to know pretty much the entire workings of the biosphere and how organisms function throughout it.   I'm not a paleontologist but I did a stint digging fossils, good powers of observation got me on board with that.  Oh no fossil record of bigfoot while we're at it.  Don't count on Giganto he may have been a quadruped.   There are you satisfied now?

Edited by Crowlogic

By education I hold a Masters degree in Environmental Science.  My thesis was based on the field research I was hired to perform on Lake acidification.   Within attaining that degree there was ample exposure (formal study) of chemistry and biology.  As an environmental engineer you need to know pretty much the entire workings of the biosphere and how organisms function throughout it.   I'm not a paleontologist but I did a stint digging fossils, good powers of observation got me on board with that.  Oh no fossil record of bigfoot while we're at it.  Don't count on Giganto he may have been a quadruped.   There are you satisfied now?

Like I said, no advanced degree in any sort of paleo or physio disiplines.  Hence, no authority.  Yeah, I'm satisfied, thanks for clearing that up for us.