A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Guest diana swampbooger

I guess I'll look for compression of sand grains for the science of the tracks.

Here is an interesting article: http://www.bigfootencounters.com/interviews/franzoni.htm

Franzoni says in 1993 Byrne got a cool $5,000,000 in research funds for bigfoot research. 

For starters:

$500k for Glickman

$20k for Pat Patterson

$10k for Rene

Whatever people think about Franzoni he is easily the father of internet bigfoot.

Well worth the read and it ties in well with this thread.

Edited by Martin

Franzoni, was he not a member here on the forum at one time. He did go into the super natural side of the creature. Right! he had a web site dedicated to bigfooting.. 

To get all that funding he must have been doing some thing right. That is a lot of cash to be handed out and accounted for so his research must have been important. ....Now this is just my opinion ...

Leaftalker,  thank for saying that and but strange you would make that comment this morning.    I was just commenting in PM that if I had any sense I would, like so many others have, just leave the forum.     I take no pleasure in arguing or being some sort of skeptic punching bag.    I do enjoy sharing information with other field researchers.    At this point I am holding very little back including locations where I have done field work.   What Old Dog says about trolls makes good sense but there seems to be little member support in dealing with it.      

SWWASP, I am so sorry to hear that you’ve considered leaving the forum. Your posts are always jam-packed with great info and presented in a very thoughtful way. I had no idea that dealing with the nonsense here had begun to feel onerous to you. You made it all seem pretty effortless. 

But I do know what you mean, and I often feel the same way. So what I try to do now, when things get onerous for me, is back off. I used to think (up until about yesterday) that, if I didn’t deal immediately with some really egregious nonsense, that nonsense would grow to tsunami-like proportions and completely drown out the quiet, polite voices trying to advocate for truth. But I find instead that, if I can’t find a way to express my point of view calmly and decide to back off, somebody else steps in and says the perfect thing to address the issue. Or the conversation drifts in such a way that the colossally stupid thing I was afraid would destroy civilization as we know it gets lost and forgotten, buried under a mountain of less frightening and less destructive inanities.

Stepping back takes a lot of discipline, though. It can feel like you’re sinking into passivity and helplessness. (It’s not that, but it can feel like that.) So if you want to do something more active to deal with your concern, compliment somebody. Say something to support somebody you feel is helping us move toward greater awareness, instead of greater darkness. It feels great, and it’s fun. We should always be doing things that feel fun. That’s where we get energy from; that’s where we get strength from. We get it from the expansiveness that comes from doing something we enjoy.

DWA has fun arguing with the skeptics, so he should continue do that. You have fun sharing information with other researchers, so you should definitely continue to do that, ignoring people who don’t understand the value of what you’re sharing. And like I say, if it gets hard to ignore those people, turn your attention to people who are on your wavelength. Acknowledge them. Support them. Encourage them. Appreciate them. Spotlight the good, and watch it grow.  

• Upvote 2

Ooo, perfect! A real-life example to practice on. 

SWWASP, another thing I have greatly admired you for is your fearlessness in owning up to your mistakes (rare as those are). If you feel you were wrong about something, you say so. If you champion a particular hypothesis and then discover that hypothesis to be untrue, you never hesitate to share that finding. You have true integrity and great courage, in my opinion. 

(Everyone sees what's going on here. Do not touch it)   ;)

Edited by chelefoot

Guest diana swampbooger

I will repeat:

The human body has, depending on the organ, different nano sized biocrystals. They receive & send. The sending depends on how 'clear' a person is that is sending. By 'clear', depends on the disease/chaos health (physical & emotional) contained/ has been subjected to in their lifetime, i.e., the cleaner your health, the better your 'receiver/transmission' signal.

Some people, for instance, are able to 'ask for' a certain parking spot before driving to the store &/or 'know' who is calling before you pick up the phone &/or avoid auto 'accidents'..... 

This will give you a small idea of what squatch are capable of...

Science notes 21 senses of which most people are only cognizant of the big 5.

Some of you will not understand a word I've written...best of 'luck to you'.

Guest ChasingRabbits

It is a fascinating example of how people can latch onto an idea or concept of questionable or sketchy possibility and go through all manner of construct to insure that the idea/concept of their focus can have an air of substance/reality.  Now then why do you call yourself ChasingRabbits.

Oh, so you're a troll whose sole purpose is to just wind people up and cause discord. Got it!

I picked my handle,  Chasing Rabbits, because I like The Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit"

One pill makes you larger

And one pill makes you small

And the ones that mother gives you

Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice

When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits

And you know you're going to fall

Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar

Has given you the call

Call Alice

When she was just small

When the men on the chessboard

Get up and tell you where to go

And you've just had some kind of mushroom

And your mind is moving low

Go ask Alice

I think she'll know

When logic and proportion

Have fallen sloppy dead

And the White Knight is talking backwards

And the Red Queen's off with her head

Remember what the dormouse said

Feed your head

Feed your head

SWWASP, I am so sorry to hear that you’ve considered leaving the forum. Your posts are always jam-packed with great info and presented in a very thoughtful way. I had no idea that dealing with the nonsense here had begun to feel onerous to you. You made it all seem pretty effortless. 

But I do know what you mean, and I often feel the same way. So what I try to do now, when things get onerous for me, is back off. I used to think (up until about yesterday) that, if I didn’t deal immediately with some really egregious nonsense, that nonsense would grow to tsunami-like proportions and completely drown out the quiet, polite voices trying to advocate for truth. But I find instead that, if I can’t find a way to express my point of view calmly and decide to back off, somebody else steps in and says the perfect thing to address the issue. Or the conversation drifts in such a way that the colossally stupid thing I was afraid would destroy civilization as we know it gets lost and forgotten, buried under a mountain of less frightening and less destructive inanities.

Stepping back takes a lot of discipline, though. It can feel like you’re sinking into passivity and helplessness. (It’s not that, but it can feel like that.) So if you want to do something more active to deal with your concern, compliment somebody. Say something to support somebody you feel is helping us move toward greater awareness, instead of greater darkness. It feels great, and it’s fun. We should always be doing things that feel fun. That’s where we get energy from; that’s where we get strength from. We get it from the expansiveness that comes from doing something we enjoy.

DWA has fun arguing with the skeptics, so he should continue do that. You have fun sharing information with other researchers, so you should definitely continue to do that, ignoring people who don’t understand the value of what you’re sharing. And like I say, if it gets hard to ignore those people, turn your attention to people who are on your wavelength. Acknowledge them. Support them. Encourage them. Appreciate them. Spotlight the good, and watch it grow.  

Absolutely agreed on all points! SWWASP, is the real deal and one individual that I would consider honorable and trustworthy and a valued member.  I've read his posts and always learn something from his insights and experiences. Just a wonderful addition to the forum indeed.

Don’t forget the Ignore tool, it’s there for a purpose.

My observations: Go down the list and look around, this type of on and off Jekyll and Hyde bare your teeth  aggression triggered by mere mention of anything Bigfoot/ Sasquatch and its predicate topics can be modified by placing them on ignore.  That in itself seems worthy of a thread topic but let’s not forget the passive aggressive infrequent poster who awakes only long enough to post hit & run snippets to instigate discord and disrupt thread decorum before quietly fading back into slumber until the next opportunity. Both examples are cause of understandable frustration but yes, use the ignore button and seek out those who share likeness and support them and enjoy the experience of learning together.    

Oh, so you're a troll whose sole purpose is to just wind people up and cause discord. Got it!

I picked my handle,  Chasing Rabbits, because I like The Jefferson Airplane song "White Rabbit"

Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice

When she's ten feet tall

Has given you the call

Call Alice

When she was just small

Go ask Alice

I think she'll know

Have fallen sloppy dead

Feed your head

Feed your head

One of my favorites songs back in the day!

Edited by Gumshoeye

Guest Crowlogic

Don't do anything at all

Go ask Alice

When she's ten feet tall

Has given you the call

Call Alice

When she was just small

Go ask Alice

I think she'll know

Have fallen sloppy dead

Feed your head

Feed your head

Negative.  People wind themselves up.  Consider the realities of the search for bigfoot after 50 years of the modern era.  There is nothing solid and there is if anything even more fabricated exploitation of the issue.  Now if I announce that in light of this that it's a dead issue and people want to debate it or feel offended by it it's their business.  If you go back and read through the thread you'll notice that all of the big guns have failed to back up anything they claim.  They'll say things like go find it yourself or go prove it for yourself but that's just a cheap easy way out.  Now if you'd like an little example of random bigfootism that supports the incredulity of the thing have a look.  

Guest ChasingRabbits

^

Intellectualize all you want. But the fact remains as you said, you are here because  "It is a fascinating example of how people can latch onto an idea or concept of questionable or sketchy possibility and go through all manner of construct to insure that the idea/concept of their focus can have an air of substance/reality" So you provoke and watch it all unfold before you.

Edited by ChasingRabbits
Removed quote of last post

Guest Crowlogic

I've never created a single paradigm that allowed for the further existence of bigfoot in light of the constant failure of true proof.  It is all postulated by bigfoot believers.  I'll tell you bigfoot isn't proven because it does not exist but the bigfoot advocate will tell you they are super stealthy, have supernatural powers that thwart technology or even lull humans into a state of near unconsciousness.  As a proponent yourself I'll wager you subscribe to that gospel. 

Edited by Crowlogic
Removed quote of last post

Intellectualize all you want. But the fact remains as you said, you are here because  "It is a fascinating example of how people can latch onto an idea or concept of questionable or sketchy possibility and go through all manner of construct to insure that the idea/concept of their focus can have an air of substance/reality"

That part in quotes is a capsule description of what is interesting about bigfoot skepticism.  Those of us who are having an intellectual discussion about a proven wild animal are equally interested in this.