A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Buddy, that is such a cop-out. Hunters report sightings, SasCon has made a cottage industry of scary stories and many of those involve hunters. Just admit that you are grasping at straws or admit that you simply prefer the echo chamber but please let's not pretend that hunters do not report sightings.....

The cop-out is not getting educated on the topic and acting as if one has a respectable opinion.

Ahhhh well gee golly gosh I posted the list of books I've read and it zoomed right over your head.  

Nothing zooms over my head, bud.  But much is zooming over under around and oh yeah through yours.  I do not care, In fact, what you have read.  I care *what thinking you have applied.*  To say you do not precisely impress on that score is an understatement.  You make much of your credentials.  Nice techie.  But not much of a scientist.  The test of a scientist is when he gets outside the narrow canon of his field.  You aren't one as I'd define the term.  Don't feel bad.  Most "scientists" aren't.  They know their field but not much outside of it...and it shows.  In spades here.

Now then obviously you don't think much of my reading list yet you can't/won't offer suggested reading.  Oh I tried reading Enoch but it was way too silly to believe.  

Anyone who mentions "Enoch" is not in a serious conversation.  But this is what you do:  you cherrypick the silly stuff and have zero to say to the serious proponents.  I do not know how many times I have put my suggested reading list up here.  But oh look, it zoomed right over your head, didn't it.    I have seen enough of you to know (and know of others posting on this thread) that one more time won't make any difference.  Go fetch; it's called "research," your skills in which are lacking.  But don't feel bad; when it comes to this topic, your company in the scientific mainstream is legion.

Watch, people.  I'll toss him a bone, and watch how much it gets us.  Crow.  CROW???  CROW!!!  (not paying attention in class again, I see.)  Google the words "Meldrum," "Bindernagel," and "Alley"; find the books written by each; and come back here with a learned dissection of each book.  If you have an opinion a middle-schooler can respect, you can do at least that.

But you won't; and you and I know why.

"Enoch."  [snort]

Edited by DWA

I beg to differ.  When I was doing acid lake research part of my itinerary was to monitor the signs of wild life in and around the body of water.  Also I hiked sometimes miles into the forest to get to the standing body of water.  What do you think I did while I hiked?  Didn't have ipads back then....So being up in SRNF is an automatic bigfoot sure thing?  Well it isn't and it's naive to even say that, of course it's equally naive to think there would be anything there in the first place.  However when a researcher has been in the  field and another member of the fraternity (in this case environmental research) engages them in a specific conversation you can bet the details are understood and many are universal.  Consider if you're doing soil research what are you doing?  Looking at the ground.  What's in the ground?  Footprints, bones, etc.  I've lost count of the number of animal tracks I found around the bodies of water I surveyed.  

At least you have one tiny grasp on the potential reality of the thing.

I was talking about sounds specifically, and I'm sure your friend heard sounds so I'm not sure what you differ with. I never claimed that anyone was sure to have an encounter in SRNF. That's words you are trying to put in my mouth. One thing I am sure of, people don't catch or pay attention to all things going on around them. Recorders on the other hand do when it is in range. BF researchers collect hundreds of hours of audio on a given 2 or 3 day expedition that can take weeks to review. I don't think you have any appreciation for how much dead time is waded through to find the sounds I speak of.

Oh my goodness OP, I need to start a thread called, "A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Fifth Century Mark: Native Legends And Stories."

The cop-out is not getting educated on the topic and acting as if one has a respectable opinion.

Dr. M and Dr. B have no more proof than I have and your posts actually make cranky. Give us something DWA. Anything besides your opinion.

• Upvote 1

Dr. M and Dr. B have no more proof than I have and your posts actually make cranky. Give us something DWA. Anything besides your opinion.

MrSkwatch,

Excellent post. That crankiness you mention is a key reason DWA is on ignore on many members accounts.

READ.  You really have to be kidding with that post.  English translation:  don't bother me with thinking about this.  OK, don't.  But it's kinda rude to pollute a website with that attitude.

(Oh, after the read, thought is required; this is science we scientific proponents are doing.  If you aren't thinking...don't even talk about science.  Give me something, anything ferpetesake other than *your* opinion.)

It's not my opinion:  IT IS SCIENCE'S OPINION.  Now let's see your post showing blatantly that you don't understand what "science" is.

MrSkwatch,

That says it all!

About bigfoot skepticism:  it sure does.

Do you guys have any idea how little your mutual glad-handing means to anyone who knows what's going on here?

I want to see your response to the people here who have seen one.  Hint:  it will be insulting.

Guest Crowlogic

I was talking about sounds specifically, and I'm sure your friend heard sounds so I'm not sure what you differ with. I never claimed that anyone was sure to have an encounter in SRNF. That's words you are trying to put in my mouth. One thing I am sure of, people don't catch or pay attention to all things going on around them. Recorders on the other hand do when it is in range. BF researchers collect hundreds of hours of audio on a given 2 or 3 day expedition that can take weeks to review. I don't think you have any appreciation for how much dead time is waded through to find the sounds I speak of.

Scientists in the field, anybody in the field actually that gets to know the environment becomes acutely aware when a strange or unlikely event occurs.  And your insisting that sounds must have been heard in SRNF is downright foolishness.  But OK I'll humor you sure he heard sounds and smelled things too but he simply wasn't bigfoot savvy enough to understand what he was hearing or smelling.

READ.  You really have to be kidding with that post.  English translation:  don't bother me with thinking about this.  OK, don't.  But it's kinda rude to pollute a website with that attitude.

(Oh, after the read, thought is required; this is science we scientific proponents are doing.  If you aren't thinking...don't even talk about science.  Give me something, anything ferpetesake other than *your* opinion.)

It's not my opinion:  IT IS SCIENCE'S OPINION.  Now let's see your post showing blatantly that you don't understand what "science" is.

Do you guys have any idea how little your mutual glad-handing means to anyone who knows what's going on here?

I want to see your response to the people here who have seen one.  Hint:  it will be insulting.

I'm still waiting for THE publication that will lead me back to the fold.  With all of your knowledge and dictations you surely must have it.  Now  when the knowers and sighters counter attack I for one shall remain as unperturbed as ever.  This is bigfootism you see perhaps the greatest form of exercise a child's whims to wonder wrapped up in the adult world.

The "fold" has the facts.  We have seen enough of those who don't to know how little the facts will make a difference now.

"...perhaps the greatest form of exercise a child's whims to wonder wrapped up in the adult world...."

Not only does that not parse in English, but ...1,861 posts...???  At least I know they're real!

This is bigfootism you see perhaps the greatest form of exercise a child's whims to wonder wrapped up in the adult world.

FACT:  It was.

But of course we're talking about someone who is "unperturbed" by how little he knows.

Guest diana swampbooger

FACT:  It was.

But of course we're talking about someone who is "unperturbed" by how little he knows.

Crow advised us he had an encounter some years back & was told in no uncertain terms how he was to not think about it, deny it ever happened, etc. or ELSE.

What he's doing now on this forum is to stick it to those supervisors.

In my humble opinion.

Edited by diana swampbooger
2 A

Scientists in the field, anybody in the field actually that gets to know the environment becomes acutely aware when a strange or unlikely event occurs.  And your insisting that sounds must have been heard in SRNF is downright foolishness.  But OK I'll humor you sure he heard sounds and smelled things too but he simply wasn't bigfoot savvy enough to understand what he was hearing or smelling.

Yes he did hear sounds, and not just "nothing". He didn't attribute any of them to bigfoot is all. Does he listen to any alledged bigfoot sounds so he can be more savvy? The answer of NO wouldn't surprise me.

Scientists in the field, anybody in the field actually that gets to know the environment becomes acutely aware when a strange or unlikely event occurs.

Uh huh, but for the sake of your argument, this excludes BF witnesses right?

Right, it does.  It displays the Fetishism of Science that is a key characteristic of bigfoot skepticism.

Never mind that all scientists are is humans trained to hew to our species' vast powers of observation compounded by recording and passing along...and given a little specialized training, in a narrow field, to boot.

If You Aren't A Scientist, You Aren't Reliable is debunked a billion times a billion...every single day.

Edited by DWA

READ. You really have to be kidding with that post. English translation: don't bother me with thinking about this. OK, don't. But it's kinda rude to pollute a website with that attitude.(Oh, after the read, thought is required; this is science we scientific proponents are doing. If you aren't thinking...don't even talk about science. Give me something, anything ferpetesake other than *your* opinion.)

You don't understand the difference between critical scientific thinking and wishful thinking, you are doing the latter.

It's not my opinion: IT IS SCIENCE'S OPINION. Now let's see your post showing blatantly that you don't understand what "science" is.[/quote ]

First, it's not science's opinion (I'm assuming you mean the scientific community) its two people who are interested in Bigfoot who happen to have a Phd. They are the exception not the norm.

Second, I think you're right, it's not your opinion is it? You are just repeating what Mr Meldrum and Bindernagel say. It's obvious you haven't put a lot of thought into this. You don't dare take a critical look at Bigfoot, you might see the truth and ruin this fantasy you want so bad to be real.

about bigfoot skepticism: it sure does.

Ahh.. The ol' "I know you are but what am I" defence, I haven't heard that since the third grade.

Eta sorry all for the confusing format, the quote function is not my friend today.

Edited by Nakani

BFF Patron

They would have had a whole room full of people yesterday at the Portland Hopsquatch town hall event yesterday to insult in person. Probably a dozen people gave accounts of sightings, some within 10 or 15 feet, and in a couple of cases people have had more than one encounter. Of course this is not in New York state which is not exactly a sighting hot spot. I would have delighted to have any of our resident skeptics get up in that crowd and tell the witnesses what they saw was a bear or their imagination. Myself and a lot of people there, did not report our encounters just because of time limitations. Quite frankly I would rather listen to other people than myself. About half the people there had raised their hand when asked who had encounters at the start.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT