A Few Words Concerning Bigfoot At The Half Century Mark

Guest Crowlogic

Most of the guys who post on the ISF in the Bigfoot threads there aren't skeptics. Skepticism is about suspending belief, not desperately trying to convince yourself that Sasquatch aren't real and attacking those who follow the evidence. 

Not according to DWA :codemafia:

Most of the guys who post on the ISF in the Bigfoot threads there aren't skeptics. Skepticism is about suspending belief, not desperately trying to convince yourself that Sasquatch aren't real and attacking those who follow the evidence. 

Right.  The JREF approach is the same one I see from the skeptics here:  pretending the evidence doesn't exist; failing to read up; having zero to say to the scientific proponents; advocating scientists who demonstrably have not done their homework as 'science'; and other assorted pseudobabble unfit for polite intellectual company.

Being a skeptic doesn't mean one isn't interested in a topic and I've noticed a number of members here are also members at the Jref/ISF forums too so I don't think your position is correct. One can be a skeptic and be engaged in a topic of which he/she is skeptical and vice versa.

So what is so exciting about the subject for you?

So what is so exciting about the subject for you?

Exciting isn't exactly it, Interesting is sort of it and it isn't just sasquatch. I check in with Coast2Coast nightly,unless Snorrey starts talking about vitamins/cancer cures/vaccines. When Richard C Hoagland starts talking about his moon photos showing massive glass domes I am almost compelled to listen. The way he weaves a story is amazing. Of course, I disagree with his interpretation of the photos but it's still great radio.

Open Minds UFO Radio podcast is also something I try to listen to whenever I can. Super well done show and hosts who are knowledgeable. In fact one of them sort of runs some aspect of MUFON now.

Sasquatch subject is very interesting because I love the PNW and my significant other loves the Yellowstone wilderness. We are amateur landscape photographers so getting away from civilization and light pollution is something we try to do as often as possible. The concept of a "primal" human/ape relative who has escaped the traps of human society is very appealing. I think it is appealing universally, who hasn't fantasized about chucking it all and going back to nature? I also really like looking into the origin stories from the 1800's and then the first stories coming out of the PNW/Canada in the very very early days of the "modern" era. There are a bunch of really great books, although I tend towards those which are critical of the subject.

Guest OntarioSquatch

The idea of a larger-than-life humanoid creature being out there is interesting on its own, but if a lot of people claim to have seen it, then it becomes even more interesting because you then get the idea that it might actually be out there.

Guest Crowlogic

This gets better all the time.  DUDE!  If you're saying it's real, duh!  Ship sailed, dude!  If you think we are gonna muse over this for four seconds...think again.

I haven't included "extreme narcissism" among the bigfoot-skeptic traits.  Should have added it long ago.  "Forget about thousands of witnesses!  * I SAY....*"

This gets better all the time.  DUDE!  If you're saying it's real, duh!  Ship sailed, dude!  If you think we are gonna muse over this for four seconds...think again.

I haven't included "extreme narcissism" among the bigfoot-skeptic traits.  Should have added it long ago.  "Forget about thousands of witnesses!  * I SAY....*"

Simply giving a shot across the bow of a person that found it incredulous that a professional in the sciences didn't hear the beast where they were surveying,  Thousands of witnesses delivered nothing of substance believe them, it's your choice.  When the body arrives the it's real.

Edited by Crowlogic

No.  What sense does that make?  It's not real when the body is produced.  If it's real IT IS REAL NOW!  This doesn't require middle school to appreciate, I'm hoping.

The evidence says:  real.  Now.  One can ignore it if one chooses.  Odd choice if one is choosing to spend one's time here and has been told over and over that one has no case...and still doesn't.

And is making zero effort along those lines and, so far as we can tell, never will.  Denial.  Is what is.

^That logic is totally delusional. If the evidence was that solid then it would already be accepted, but it's not.

There is no conspiracy, no laziness by science, or any other excuse for it. You're in such a state of denial that the field is at a dead end that you want to blame everyone else for it. Excuses seem to run rampant in every single aspect of this field- from the lack of fossils, bones, specimens, lack of DNA, hair, poop, the inability to capture them on game cams, government cover ups, forestry cover ups, other dimensions, the list goes on and on and on. Now there's excuses for why science won't accept it or the rest of the world for not seeing the light. It's all deflection and blame away from the obvious- that Bigfoot and reality are having a very poor relationship.

If you're so confident that it's great evidence then take it to your local university, show the professors and get their opinion. Let us know what they actually tell you. If the believers don't have enough faith to be proactive towards their own cause then that should tell you how rock solid the evidence is right there.

• Upvote 4

Guest Crowlogic

^That logic is totally delusional. If the evidence was that solid then it would already be accepted, but it's not.

There is no conspiracy, no laziness by science, or any other excuse for it. You're in such a state of denial that the field is at a dead end that you want to blame everyone else for it. Excuses seem to run rampant in every single aspect of this field- from the lack of fossils, bones, specimens, lack of DNA, hair, poop, the inability to capture them on game cams, government cover ups, forestry cover ups, other dimensions, the list goes on and on and on. Now there's excuses for why science won't accept it or the rest of the world for not seeing the light. It's all deflection and blame away from the obvious- that Bigfoot and reality are having a very poor relationship.

If you're so confident that it's great evidence then take it to your local university, show the professors and get their opinion. Let us know what they actually tell you. If the believers don't have enough faith to be proactive towards their own cause then that should tell you how rock solid the evidence is right there.

Well said.

Conspiracy ! You want conspiracy? Well I will give conspiracy. Conspiracy is calling this creature an ape when it is not, if it was an ape we would have had more evidence that there would be pictures. As scientist they would have followed the same rules used by others who have followed real apes  and been able to captured or even killed one of these creatures. We already have proof of real apes so if they were apes then it would be easy to follow these creatures if they were apes. So This makes them not apes no matter how you place it. DNA keeps coming back contaminated human because they are part human and n one is willing to accept that since it would be taboo in the science world.

Now I was told today and I have not figured this out my self yet,  But bears also hide their tracks well too. Yes, you might find a few there and there just like you do with these creature. But bears also hide their tracks as well and yes I thought that this was kind a of neat. Now I am not sure how true this is but up north where there are black bears I have not come across there tracks, and they say that there are a lot of black bears in the northern part of Michigan.

On those London trackway well all I can say it looks like I was staged. Something just does not fit right with those tracks. The tide is low and the prints re coming out of the water. Unless there were tracks else where on that lake going into that water with the same size feet and length in step I would say that it was faked. 

Crowlogic

It is  a good thing that you kept your mouth shut on your job. other wise you would be with out a job and no funding. Plus , you be a laughing stock to all you coworkers. WoW would that not S*ck You would become like the rest of us.  aye caca mucho mierda(NOT SURE if I SAID THAT RIGHT IN SPANISH )a WHIP CAN OF BEANS I SAY.

Edited by ShadowBorn

Guest Crowlogic

No.  What sense does that make?  It's not real when the body is produced.  If it's real IT IS REAL NOW!  This doesn't require middle school to appreciate, I'm hoping.

The evidence says:  real.  Now.  One can ignore it if one chooses.  Odd choice if one is choosing to spend one's time here and has been told over and over that one has no case...and still doesn't.

And is making zero effort along those lines and, so far as we can tell, never will.  Denial.  Is what is.

What sense does a body make?  Oh come on it's the difference between playing monkey huntin' and actually bringing in something science can study.  You do understand that without a body or a type specimen to study it'll never be known where your monkey fits on the ladder.  In fact nothing for certain can be known.  The type specimen is the deal breaker .  And this is born out by the fact that legitimate science won't touch footer proof as it stands now period.

Edited by Crowlogic

I'm reminded of college philosophy class when we discussed the difference between being and seeming.  

Both are simply a perception fueled by evidence and experience. Your freind probably didn't encounter all the life that is documented there in SRNF. Would that mean he was in the wrong place? It might "seem" like it.

Guest OntarioSquatch

The PGF was shot in the Six Rivers National Forest. That alone is reason enough to believe that they're there, but like I've said before, you could live in an active area your whole life and never see one. 

Conspiracy ! You want conspiracy? Well I will give conspiracy. Conspiracy is calling this creature an ape when it is not, if it was an ape we would have had more evidence that there would be pictures. As scientist they would have followed the same rules used by others who have followed real apes  and been able to captured or even killed one of these creatures. We already have proof of real apes so if they were apes then it would be easy to follow these creatures if they were apes. So This makes them not apes no matter how you place it. DNA keeps coming back contaminated human because they are part human and n one is willing to accept that since it would be taboo in the science world.

Now I was told today and I have not figured this out my self yet,  But bears also hide their tracks well too. Yes, you might find a few there and there just like you do with these creature. But bears also hide their tracks as well and yes I thought that this was kind a of neat. Now I am not sure how true this is but up north where there are black bears I have not come across there tracks, and they say that there are a lot of black bears in the northern part of Michigan.

On those London trackway well all I can say it looks like I was staged. Something just does not fit right with those tracks. The tide is low and the prints re coming out of the water. Unless there were tracks else where on that lake going into that water with the same size feet and length in step I would say that it was faked. 

Crowlogic

It is  a good thing that you kept your mouth shut on your job. other wise you would be with out a job and no funding. Plus , you be a laughing stock to all you coworkers. WoW would that not S*ck You would become like the rest of us.  aye caca mucho mierda(NOT SURE if I SAID THAT RIGHT IN SPANISH )a WHIP CAN OF BEANS I SAY.

Careful with the Spanish .... there are rules ... :-)

The idea of a larger-than-life humanoid creature being out there is interesting on its own, but if a lot of people claim to have seen it, then it becomes even more interesting because you then get the idea that it might actually be out there.

Which it is beyond illogical to discount unless one can prove that people are experiencing something else.  Some vague notion that "people do this" can be conveniently answered:  no they don't, as witness all the folk you know that do.