Eerie Story Of Missing Man

MagniAesir

Very eerie. Four wheeler still running... mauled dog but no sign of the man. Very strange. And scary for the family. He obviously did not just walk away unharmed.

Edited to change "did" to "did not"

Edited by chelefoot

SSR Team

Tracks, surely there'd be tracks.

Dog mauled by probable wolves but somehow escapes, off roader recovered still running, there must be tracks ?

Wolves, cougars and bear attacks would leave a heap of clues as to them being there, surely ?

The woods are a strange place. Though something doesn't sit right with the dog mauled. An animal kill gives a lot of clues to the attacker. 4 wheeler still running, either he bolted, or was carried off. Either way sounds like he was taken by surprise and not on the vehicle. Maybe the dog was defending him?  

Tracks, surely there'd be tracks.

Not necessarily, depends on the substrate. Other than tracks I'm not sure what other clues they would leave. Hair maybe? Blood? but that would depend on how they faired in the fight. Apparently, according to the women on the video, the vet who checked the dog thinks they were wolf bites.

There are three class A sightings ranging from 30 to 60 miles around Iroquois Falls, Ontario: http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=10611 on 10/4/92 by a veteran police officer on a moose hunting trip -

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=23171 on 9/2006 by forest growth and yield technician, he and partner had 50 lb. plus “boomerang shaped†wet root thrown at them as well as smaller stick. Reporting individual back-tracked projectile's trajectory and encountered creature. He was so profoundly affected by the encounter that he suffered from anxiety attacks for weeks and months afterward, for which he received treatment.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=16807 on 10/11/2006 by husband and wife driving on highway in daylight. Husband spends some three months per year in bush and has returned to the site for further research and photos/video.

All three encounters took place in September or October, the latter two in 2006 and roughly thirty miles apart. There is a power substation off of Monteith Road just south of Iroquois Falls; one set of lines runs out of it southward and parallels Monteith Road for about five miles some 850 yards to the west.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

It is so dry in most places that tracks just may not be there.     Certainly strange.     The dog survived the attack and was taken to the vet and expected to recover.     Those injuries should give a lot of evidence as to what did the attacking. 

Has anyone seen the new Alaska show that has been advertising lately?      The show promo states that 4000 people disappear in Alaska every year without a trace.   I guess the show is about specific disappearances.    Talk about wild frontier!.  

I'd be most interested in talking to the vet who treated that dog and see what tooth patterns/bite radius information it might yield.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

The niece stated that at first they thought it was a bear then later, perhaps after the vet looked at it,  it was thought to be a wolf.    Perhaps it was the vet that made that assessment. 

SSR Team

Not necessarily, depends on the substrate. Other than tracks I'm not sure what other clues they would leave. Hair maybe? Blood? but that would depend on how they faired in the fight. Apparently, according to the women on the video, the vet who checked the dog thinks they were wolf bites.

Cool ok no tracks maybe, but there would be other stuff if we were talking Wolves Rock no like the Vet who would know, seems to suggest ?

Pieces of clothing, blood of course, even the hat that was mentioned by the Niece in the video would surely have come off in a struggle or if a body was being dragged by animals.

Anyway, Wolves eat immediately and they tend to make a lot of mess when doing so.

That body should be close by and not too difficult to find given he left the off roader running IMO.

Strange one again.

Cool ok no tracks maybe, but there would be other stuff if we were talking Wolves Rock no like the Vet who would know, seems to suggest ?

Pieces of clothing, blood of course, even the hat that was mentioned by the Niece in the video would surely have come off in a struggle or if a body was being dragged by animals.

Anyway, Wolves eat immediately and they tend to make a lot of mess when doing so.

That body should be close by and not too difficult to find given he left the off roader running IMO.

Strange one again.

Agreed, strange. The part about not finding his hat I thought odd, that's usually the first thing you lose.

He might have gave chase to something, say a wolf that was fighting with his dog in an attempt to save the dog. Looks like his body would be close by though, I wouldn't think he would chase anything very far if that is indeed what he did. And I agree, if it were wolves they would have left a mess and wouldn't have drug the body away.

Bear or cougar will drag prey away and hide it, but usually not far. Seems either way they would find blood and drag marks.

I'd be most interested in talking to the vet who treated that dog and see what tooth patterns/bite radius information it might yield.

I wish there was more query re bite mark identification (or perhaps) elimination in these curious cases.....

Very strange......and as Airdale mentioned, Power Lines in the area that you could also see in the video.

Maybe the dog was attacked first, and the man jumped off the 4-Wheeler to help, which might explain why it was left running.

What is strange though is if it was a predatory attack by the 4 legged variety, there would be sign every where......he seems to have been carried off?

Wolves will go out of their way to kill dogs.  What is strange though is that it would come anywhere near a human.  Something wolves DON'T do.