Eerie Story Of Missing Man

MagniAesir

SSR Team

That is good news, and a rarity yeah.

BFF Patron

The weather was warm enough at night that she did not get hypothermic so that helped. She was only 2 miles from where she went missing. I have no idea how many searchers were involved but it sure points out how difficult it is to find anyone or anything like BF in the woods. The woods are a big and difficult place to find anyone.

I am at the Oregon coast. When I came over yesterday a bunch of vehicles were leaving in sort of a convoy that included explorer scouts, numerous Sheriff Department vehicles, and at least two that were marked search and rescue. Was someone missing over here this weekend?

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I remember that disappearance. Perhaps a good way to disappear is to blunder into a lava tube home for BF? If they have permanent dwelling locations, I do not think they would let someone leave that found them. I think winter survival requires some sort of at least seasonal shelters and lava tubes would have moderate temperatures year round.

Your mention of lava tubes reminded me of this report:

http://bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=28230

I've been trying to determine about where this is using Google Earth and a KML file from USGS available here:

http://mrdata.usgs.gov/geology/state/state.php?state=MT

There are some specific spots in the likely area that are tied to cretaceous and tertiary volcanism that I'm going to focus on. They're all within 40 miles or less of my home. I'm sure the same data is available for other states as it is from USGS. You may already be using it, Randy.

Edited by Airdale

Guest Curious Cat

Oh dear.  Deepest condolences to the family.

Given the location of all the bite marks, the injured dog fought something head on first and sustained the rear half injuries trying to escape or being attacked from behind from another animal(s). So wolves or coyotes perhaps. If the dog could talk, we might then know if his owner tried to save him or, if he then tried to save his owner if Mr. Hardiman had stepped off his ATV for just a moment to look at something....