The Strange Case Of Cullen Finnerty

Rockape

Definitely do not know what happened in the case of the dog, but despite what you may think, dogs climbing trees is not that rare.  Just a quick search on youtube for "dog climb tree" brings up almost 79,000 videos. That branch the dog appears to be "impaled" on seems awfully big and oddly shaped to impale the dog.  I wonder if the dog actually had his leg caught in a Y of the branch and the paper either sensationalized it or got bad information, just a thought.......

BFF Patron

Foxes climb trees too, some dens are 30 ft. up, especially gray or grey foxes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gray_fox

• 5 months later...
Guest Ned Merrill

In one of the Missing 411 books there is an account of two seasoned, rugged forest/game wardens (aged 24 and 48) who were investigating possible poaching in Maine circa the early part of the 20th Century. These two passed others not long before a series of gunshots (simultaneous shots comes to mind) was heard in the distance. When they failed to return at the arranged date they were searched for extensively but not found. It would be late October/early November, if I recall correctly. Some six months later they were found...approximately a mile apart, naked....no signs of trauma, no wounds, no water in their lungs. Their equipment and specifically their rifles were never found. Again, if I recall, they could not determine a cause of death and it was chalked up to "moon fright"....I believe that's the term...an old description for....being scared to death.

Is it possible, that an in-shape, rugged, athletic and powerful ex-pro quarterback Cullen Finnerty was in fact, scared to death? How would one figure that out...if they did an autopsy? How would one be able to prove/disprove such a thing?

Food for thought.

BFF Patron

There are numbers of cases reported in Missing 411 that appear to have no link to Bigfoot, and some certainly are found in peculiar locations that itself to something other than human.

• Some of the victims were found deep in remote swamps
  • Some of the victims were found high up on rocky ledges
  • Some of the victims are found naked in trees
  • Some found underneath rocks or trees
  • Some found inside dug out boughs or caves alongside creeks or river banks

Many of the victims who are found alive have little or no memory of their experience. Those that do especially children mention only “Bears†or bear like men.

Attempted Abductions Not mentioned in Missing 411 Books:

1968 July Kinloch, Missouri

A bear-like animal stepped out of some woods in Kinloch, a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri, in

July 1968 and grabbed a four-year-old child playing in a backyard. The child's aunt screamed and

family dog went after the animal. It dropped the child and returned to the woods. The boy was

later shown a model of a gorilla and he said the animal had resembled it. Police searched the woods

and found no tracks, and no sign of the animal.

1976 April 26, Flintville, Tennessee

A Bigfoot tried to abduct 4 year old. A 6-man posse made up of Deputy Sheriff Homer Davis, Melvin Robertson, Stan Moore and three others chased the Bigfoot and shot at it.

1979  October Oregon

A Bigfoot put a hand on a boy’s shoulder. The boy ran to the men he was with, who got guns and fired into the woods at the Bigfoot.

Does that point to definitive proof of Sasquatch involvement no, but given what is known about them it certainly paints a picture of disturbing possibility.  

Thanks Gum.    It just occurred to me that if BF is involved in these human body finds in any way, we have a list of methods they use to dispose of bodies maybe including their own.   Put them deep in swamps, high on rocky ledges,   in trees,  underneath rocks and trees.    All of these methods would reduce the likelihood of the body being messed with by scavengers.    Some have also been used by Native Americans at points in the past.    It just seems very likely that they would not invent new ways to get rid of bodies but would use methods they use with their own kind.    

I find the whole thing very troubling. No matter what, something out of the ordinary occurred.

Yeah, any way you slice it, this one is just weird.

BFF Patron

Hard to say without seeing the tree and area, but at this point I agree with SW. Very little chance in my opinion of the dog doing it to himself. Based on the picture, it is difficult to see how he could have placed himself in that predicament by himself. Not saying BF did it, just that the poor dog probably had some help from somewhere.

Dogs do climb.   A local news show yesterday or the day before mentioned a dog someplace, that had to be rescued from 30 feet up in a tree.    The dog was a great dane.   It was up so high the owner had to call the fire department to get it out.    Looking at the tree it had a limb that ran up at an angle so the dog could have climbed it on its own.     Was in an urban location someplace and the owner figured the dog was after a squirrel.    I had a small dog that was a real climber too and he would get in trouble getting on top of things in the house.    One of the more embarrassing things was when he climbed on a relative's table before a big dinner and we caught him licking the butter.    

• 1 year later...
Guest Interested Party

I found this site while looking to see what the latest on Cullen Finnerty.  At the time this was news I remembered a man who lived near the area Finnerty was found said he heard children up late yelling.  For some reason this made me think this case may be bigfoot related. 

Sure, this long after the fact for me to remember this so long after it happened must be crazy but it is something that I think about once a year or so.  I just wanted to throw this out here and see if there were any new thoughts among those of you who are much more in touch with these creatures. 

Not sure there's much more to add here or if anyone did any further investigation relating to it possibly being BF related. There seems a likely explanation that Cullen simply had a mental episode, but why he died still hasn't been explained. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I have that one glyph that I am reasonably certain was done by a BF when I was literally in sight of it.   Right before that happened heard what sounded like children chattering.    The strange part of that was that the language being used sounded Asian.    I thought it is pretty strange for that young Asian children would be in the area be chattering in some Asian language  when I had seen no evidence of cars at the trail head about a mile away.     This area has a tiny Asian population to begin with.      I sort of forgot about it, put down my pack on a stump,   got something out of the pack, then started scrambling over piles of timber slash that were all over the clear cut area, trying to get a better look at an apparent stump on the ridge above that looked in photographs I had taken the day before that looked like a BF.    I gave up on getting there for fear of breaking a leg and because I had lost sight of the "stump" on the ridge above.    When I got back to the same stump I had rested my pack on, the glyph had been placed there.   Had I turned around an looked back the stump was never out of my sight.    Something with hands had placed the glyph on the stump.         This is the glyph.    My guess is that young BF decided to sneak in and place this where I would find it on my way out.     The "stump" on the hillside was not there the next time I went.  

IMG_0082.JPG

IMG_0057 (2).JPG

Edited by SWWASAS

Can't wait to hear all the "rational" explanations of this that are gonna sound so Looneytoonz that maybe I should just pop some corn now.

BFF Patron

If you blow up my stump on the ridge photo to the point where it starts pix-elating it looks for all the world like a BF holding a juvenile.     You can even see between the stumps legs.   The picture was so intriguing when blown up,   I really wanted to examine the stump on the ridge so went back the next day.    The second day was when I heard the chatter, and found the glyph.    But since the stump on the ridge was in the same place,  24 hours later,   I assumed it was indeed a stump and did not investigate it further.     But a week or two later,  when I went through the area again, the "stump" on the ridge was gone.   The glyph was not there either.     Stumps can rot or fall over but one would not think that likely in such a short period of time.    Now I really wonder if it was a sentinel of some sort keeping watch.   Perhaps Mom watching while BF children messed with the naked ape down below?    I will never know for sure.  

25 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Perhaps Mom watching while BF children messed with the naked ape down below?

Why were you walking around naked?

Just kidding. Seriously though, did you ever get over to that area where the "stump" was to check for footprints, etc?