The Strange Case Of Cullen Finnerty

Rockape

BFF Patron

67Mopar admitted fabricating nearly everything he has posted and got himself banned. I would probably disregard most everything he said in the forum. He said he did it for entertainment purposes at our expense.

This thread has been fascinating and Cullen's death will likely always remain a mystery. That being said, I find it highly unlikely that his death was caused by a Sasquatch. I do think it's possible that seeing one, could cause a heart attack or huge surge of adrenalin that could lead to panic, injury and even death.

However, a direct attack would have resulted in visible injuries and none were noted by the coroner. I have no idea of how a Sasquatch would kill but it's reasonable to think there would be signs of severe blunt force trauma, as well as possible bite marks or signs of strangulation.

I have not read any of the David Paulides, Missing 411 books but are there any incidents listed, of bodies being found with these types of violent injuries, or something similar?

• Upvote 1

Hello Cisco,

Might be more interesting if there were cases in the 411 books of people that were found WITHOUT injuries- like the Finnerty case. The details of those cases may possibly shed some dialogue on Cullen's tragic end if similarities are found.

Just to roll backwards to a possible and reasonable, if much more mundane, explanation, back in the late 80s to early 90s we lost several (between 4 and 8  ) Ranger students to hypothermia in one exercise in mild (mid-50s) weather in Georgia.  While on a training exercise, several of the trainees got wet.  But the training required that they stay put at their posts on a perimeter and they stayed put, slowly slipping into hypothermia during the night.  They were recovered the next day.   

If this can happen to young men in good health, its a possible and reasonable explanation where you have a less healthy individual who (at the time) had alcohol in his system and other significant health concerns.  Since he was not recovered till several days later, the ME may not have been able to pinpoint that as the cause of death. 

Not saying this IS the answer, but there are a lot of routine ways to die in the woods. 

Edited to eliminate a stupid emoticon that popped in. 

Edited by Trogluddite

BFF Patron

Well you CAN die of fright and hypothermia doesn't really take much in the way of exposure. I would tend to go with these too.

Well observing the 411 cases you can easily conclude squatch aren't responsible for a large percentage UNLESS they are apart of an advanced society. That is the reason David is moving away from squatch.

BFF Patron

You mean he suspects that squatch are part of an advanced society?

As I mentioned before, most of deaths I've heard about in the 411 books, involve a mysterous cuase of death. If a Sasquatch were involved, the cause of death would appear obvious as some kind of animal attack. Am I correct in sayng there are no cases in his books, where a missing person was killed in a violent manner?

There are numbers of cases reported in Missing 411 that appear to have no link to Bigfoot, and some certainly are found in peculiar locations that itself to something other than human.

• Some of the victims were found deep in remote swamps
  • Some of the victims were found high up on rocky ledges
  • Some of the victims are found naked in trees
  • Some found underneath rocks or trees
  • Some found inside dug out boughs or caves alongside creeks or river banks

Many of the victims who are found alive have little or no memory of their experience. Those that do especially children mention only “Bears†or bear like men.

Attempted Abductions Not mentioned in Missing 411 Books:

1968 July Kinloch, Missouri

A bear-like animal stepped out of some woods in Kinloch, a suburb of St. Louis, Missouri, in

July 1968 and grabbed a four-year-old child playing in a backyard. The child's aunt screamed and

family dog went after the animal. It dropped the child and returned to the woods. The boy was

later shown a model of a gorilla and he said the animal had resembled it. Police searched the woods

and found no tracks, and no sign of the animal.

1976 April 26, Flintville, Tennessee

A Bigfoot tried to abduct 4 year old. A 6-man posse made up of Deputy Sheriff Homer Davis, Melvin Robertson, Stan Moore and three others chased the Bigfoot and shot at it.

1979  October Oregon

A Bigfoot put a hand on a boy’s shoulder. The boy ran to the men he was with, who got guns and fired into the woods at the Bigfoot.

Does that point to definitive proof of Sasquatch involvement no, but given what is known about them it certainly paints a picture of disturbing possibility.  

BFF Patron

There is no way that dog ran up the tree and out on that limb chasing anything. It was placed or thrown up there. That is a favorite way of getting rid of pesky dogs for BF. Just give them a huge toss.

Admin

Hard to say without seeing the tree and area, but at this point I agree with SW. Very little chance in my opinion of the dog doing it to himself. Based on the picture, it is difficult to see how he could have placed himself in that predicament by himself. Not saying BF did it, just that the poor dog probably had some help from somewhere.