The Carter Farm

Guest JudasBeast

Well, now that you have had your "Class B" encounter, will you also be out there trying for a "modicum of evidence" & a decent photo?

I've been out there and ready to collect such evidence for many years and will continue to be so. Because there are multiple more likely explanations, I no more believe that I encountered a bigfoot than I believe there were ever any bigfoots on the Carter farm.

Jan Carter sold her farm to Adrian Erickson as part of his plan to purchase habituation sites. :D Jan Carter took the money and moved to a new farm 80 miles away.

I'm curious as to where this information came from.

I found this on a link posted by Grayjay, & it seems to refute the claim that Jan sold her property to Erickson. According to this information, she sold her part of the farm in 2005 to Roger Dale Philpot and Perry E. Philpot.

Was there another farm somewhere that she owned?

The only land presently owned by any of the parties involved is Lila Carter’s lot, sized at 2.42 acres. Physical address, 513 Reynolds Road. Lila’s 2006 appraisal reflects a value of 45,700 dollars.

Janice K. Carter Coy sold off her plot of 3 acres located at the physical address of 507 Reynolds Road sometime in 2005 to Roger Dale Philpot and Perry E. Philpot . The land and structures show an appraisal of 28,600 dollars.

Robert I. Carter Jr. sold his 44.56 acres to Roger Dale Philpot and Perry E. Philpot sometime in 2005. The land consisted of mostly pasture, field rotation and only 12.5 acres of woodland. The land appraisal was 145,900 dollars.

The DNA sequencing is done, but most have signed NDA's about it. The paper has been written up. This was a 2-3 year project, mind you. The paper is right now out for peer review. No telling how long that will take. Maybe some time.

Ketchum got paid for her work for sure. She was a skeptic at first, but now she is sure that BF exists. If she flakes out on this, she looks really bad as a scientist, as if Meldrum were leading us along. Scientist types don't flake out that much. Ketchum has been published in peer review journals before. She is confident certain it will be accepted, but you never now with journals. It's possible that the article may be turned down in peer review and they won't be able to publish in a good journal. Anything is possible.

Monsterquest is just a flaky TV show. It's not science or anything like that. The guy who did the DNA is not really good at doing stuff like that - he's not a geneticist. His findings were irresponsibly misinterpreted by the TV show.

The Erickson people are not flakes at all, though some that associated with them are. They threw most of the flakes out of the project (Fraud Standing). Erickson is a not a flake or a hoaxer. He's just a bit naive is all.

I have done some research on this Janice Carter-coy person. Are we really going to beieve anything this person has to say? I am in awe right now that this alleged DNA came from this persons farm. After what I have read, I expect a nothing to come from this. If this Dr Ketchum is having the DNA evidence peer reviewed, why the secrecy? Why can't we know where and by whom it is being reviewed? Sounds a little fishy, kind of like the whole Cater-coy thing. I suspect this is yet another dead end with nothing but hot air.

Sometimes I wonder why one would even get excited about alleged DNA or hairs or anything else when it always turns out to be things like this. Janice Carter, really? This is the hope of getting real DNA evidence?? Really? Back to lurk mode for me.

I traded cows with some of the farms in Loudon County and Monroe County, TN and traveled 411 many a day and night a number of years ago. I may have driven by the Carter Farm at some point and didn’t know it. I would usually strike a conversation with the farmers and inquiry on any strange beast seen in the area often heard of panthers, but never was told of a BF by any of the farmers I talked with.

I remember this one farm just outside Lenoir City on 411 and it was some pretty country, it was on the river with rolling hills. These people sold cattle all over the world and were very protective of their cattle, they had a veterinarian on staff at the farm. If any strange death of their cattle or occurrences I’m sure it would have some up in our conversation.

Asking you to clarify your particular interest in BF is hardly provocative. Everyone gets asked to clarify their interest at some point. I did put forth the assumption it was difficult to believe you hadn't come across the Carter Farm info before, but I also asked you to set me straight if I was mistaken. Which you did.

Having seen your responses to BF information and the shock you profess, along with a healthy ration of fear of course it's inevitable to be curious??

At some point the burden is on each of us to take initiative and avail ourselves of all the material out there on Sasquatch, Bigfoot, or other crypo-critters. :)

Well, I'm staying up with current events,I read all the information available, I also do believe in BF, and I sincerely hope to see one some day but not too close up :rolleyes: !

A close up encounter would really frighten me. I would never be aggressive towards a BF unless it was going after one of my family members, then all bets are off for all of us. :(

However, Since we are sorta an educated bunch I would hope that we would watch and take notice of what it looked like, but that we'd leave it alone. I sincerely doubt that we would do *anything* to anger a BF. :blink: At least not on purpose. :blush:

Do you think that screaming would count as possibly alarming a BF? ;)

Guest Silver Fox

I have done some research on this Janice Carter-coy person. Are we really going to beieve anything this person has to say? I am in awe right now that this alleged DNA came from this persons farm. After what I have read, I expect a nothing to come from this. If this Dr Ketchum is having the DNA evidence peer reviewed, why the secrecy? Why can't we know where and by whom it is being reviewed? Sounds a little fishy, kind of like the whole Cater-coy thing. I suspect this is yet another dead end with nothing but hot air.

Sometimes I wonder why one would even get excited about alleged DNA or hairs or anything else when it always turns out to be things like this. Janice Carter, really? This is the hope of getting real DNA evidence?? Really? Back to lurk mode for me.

No, Erickson went all over North America gathering up purported BF DNA - hair, scat, tissue, blood, and even bones and teeth. People just had this stuff lying around that they suspected was BF material. They gathered it all up and that's what they are working with. I don't know how much, if any, of it came from the Carter farm.

Ketchum is a scientist and has been published in peer reviewed journals before. If she says it's out for peer review, it is. I believe that peer review is done blind. The reviewers don't know who wrote the paper, and I don't believe we know who the reviewers are. Only the journal knows that. It's good to have secrecy about this and make everyone sign NDA's. That's right and proper. Bigfootery is so full of nuts and kooks that they would go insane with this info. The skeptics are just as bad and they would rip us apart. It's best to keep things under wrap - it's very professional. The opposite of media circus.

Guest Silver Fox

I don't believe the Jan Carter story, but the layout of the Tennessee site, as described, in the myspace page that Grayjay posted, bears an uncanny resemblence to the "Kentucky habituation site". Even though I don't believe her story, I find the similarity interesting. I hope that Erickson found proof at the Ky site, but my doubts are pretty high. If he does have proof from there, I'll be very surprised, shocked even.

When I first heard of the Kentucky site, I thought it was a joke along the lines of the Carter site. Same thing. BF's are all over the place, then the researchers show up and they go hide. :D Guy sells his farm to Erickson, and the BF's leave and head on over to the guy's new place a few miles away. :D Yeah right. I could not stop laughing. However, Erickson, hired Dennis Pfohl and Leila Hadj-Chikh, a PhD biologist from Yale. Bindernagel went to the site too. The BF's were still sort of around, and Bindernagel says he saw one!

Also, Hadj-Chikh and Pfohl figured out that the BF's in fact did hightail it over to the new place, but they set up a trap with secret camera and deer blinds in trees over by the new place. They saw the BF's many times that way and got some photo footage. Hadj-Chikh, PhD biologist, saw BF's many times at the Kentucky site! And Pfohl got photos in the deer blind. They also got photos from the secret camera.

Also, the Kentucky people took some video a few years back before Erickson bought the place. This is the 5 minute video of the young female BF sleeping the woods and 14 seconds of HD video of the same BF walking slowly towards the camera - a closeup of her face! Meldrum, Bindernagel and others have seen these videos and they think they are real and not hoaxes.

So it looks as if the Kentucky habituation is possibly quite a different case then the Carter farm case.

I remember when Erickson first bought the property and the family was still living there. I think the same guy who wrote that Myspace went out and investigated. He didn't see any BF's but the locals had all heard of the pancake video and knew the family who shot it, so at least the locals knew of BF's.

One thing he said was freaky was that all the dogs had their own doghouses and each dog had borrowed a deep hole under his doghouse. Sun went down, those dogs went straight into their holes and never came out til sunrise. There was something in the woods that was scaring those dogs senseless. :ph34r:

GrayJay said:

Having seen your responses to BF information and the shock you profess, along with a healthy ration of fear of course it's inevitable to be curious??

Susi says:

I'm smart enough to understand that BF is a real creature capable of doing whatever it should wish to do.

I'm able to keep my head in a crisis, especially a life and death crisis.

Yes, I'm afraid of BF, I would like to see one, but I would not care to establish a relationship between me and my family and a BF. The golf course we live on would probably ask us to move away.

You may be reacting to my sense of humor, and are taking everything I say as literal, or serious.

Don't do that. Half of what I write is humorous.

Truth, I'd like to see a BF. I used to search a few years back, but had no clue how to go about it back then.

Truth, BF does frighten me. Anyone who says they are not afraid of a BF has probably never had an encounter with a BF, or they have survived an encounter and are not as concerned about future sightings.

I admit that I would be frightened if I had a close encounter with a BF.

I'm honest, and anyone who would say that they were not frightened the first time they saw a BF close up would either be lying, or it was not their first encounter, or the BF may have been a distance from them.

Fear that keeps a person alive is a good thing, terror that freezes a person can kill them.

I am a creative writer, and wrote book reviews for several years until I became too popular, and I retired. Now I write reviews when *I* wish to do so.

Don't take me too seriously... :D Take my writings in the spirit that I wrote them, usually tongue to cheek.. ;)

Edited by SweetSusiq

Are they truly so much larger than humans as portrayed by the drawing?

Please someone answer this question.

I had realized that they were larger, but this is way more than I had conceptualized.

Is that drawing an accurate representation?

Susie the size depicted in the image is not outside what is often reported. 7-8 feet tall is typical. Jan standing in a doorway appears to be maybe 5ft 5in tall. Janice claimed fox was around 7.5 feet tall

Maybe. That's why I'd always recommend critical analysis of the claims before signing on as a "believer." So far, I haven't seen anything out of Tennessee, Kentucky, or anywhere else that convinces me there are real bigfoots out there. I have, however, seen lots of chicanery, wishful thinking, and fraud surrounding this phenomenon.

Susi says: I'm so very proud to call you my friend. You watch over me. Than you! :wub:

For a man of science I understand where you are coming from. My dad was in academia, and he believed in BF. He told me as a child that BF existed by telling me that museums did not know, nor understand what they had in storage.

He also told me *not* to be afraid of the PGF.

My dad had dual Ph.Ds, and was truly a man of science, and he believed.

I believe also, even tho some of the early days back here while reading some of the analytical posts(like yours) essentially stating how *could* they exist I began to wonder, but I've decided that BF is real.I base this belief on many reasons, but nonetheless, I believe....

Hugs to you my friend...

Susie the size depicted in the image is not outside what is often reported. 7-8 feet tall is typical. Jan standing in a doorway appears to be maybe 5ft 5in tall. Janice claimed fox was around 7.5 feet tall

Thank you Southernyahoo. I wondered if it was perhaps exaggerated?

Apparently it is not. :blob::ph34r::unsure:

I'll be sure to wear high heels(or at least take with me) when I think that I may encounter one, plus stilts just in case.. ;)

Seeing something like that in real life would be frightening.Being prepared for seeing something that size is always a good thing.

Prepared people don't panic.

So far, I haven't seen anything out of Tennessee, Kentucky, or anywhere else that convinces me there are real bigfoots out there. I have, however, seen lots of chicanery, wishful thinking, and fraud surrounding this phenomenon.

Sas, is that you, going by another name, at another forum that said, "Well it happened - I finally had a bigfoot encounter, and I think it might be BFRO-worthy."?

Guest Sallaranda

Thank you Southernyahoo. I wondered if it was perhaps exaggerated?

Apparently it is not. :blob::ph34r::unsure:

I'll be sure to wear high heels(or at least take with me) when I think that I may encounter one, plus stilts just in case.. ;)

Seeing something like that in real life would be frightening.Being prepared for seeing something that size is always a good thing.

Prepared people don't panic.

Keep in mind the drastic height range of a Bigfoot. At birth a Bigfoot is likely only a bit bigger than a baby human. Take that, and grow it to a maximum of 9 feet and you've got a whole lot of in betweens.

I've seen a male Sasquatch that I estimated to be no taller than 7 feet. However, I believe the beast can grow as tall as 10 feet.

I think the females only grow to 6-7 feet max, though. Just like in humans, the males regularly grow much taller.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the topic of Erickson's acquisition of DNA evidence. As per an email reply I've gotten from someone involved, here is what I was told:

Dr. Hadj-Chikh collected some hair samples that she found out in the wilderness while on an expedition that she could not identify with the naked eye. These hair samples were also provided to Dr. Ketchum.

There is nothing to suggest that Ketchum's DNA source came from the Carter farm at all.

I've also heard rumblings (I'm quite a few people down the grapevine, so take the following with a grain of salt) that Ketchum had one sample in particular that she feels provides "conclusive, substantial, and undeniable evidence" that there is an animal living in the PNW that has traits that are both "exclusively nonhuman" and traits that are "exclusively human".

Everything in quotes was taken directly from an email I received. I've been holding on to this information for only about 2 weeks now, so it is quite new. Also, as I said I am not receiving this information directly. Think of it as the telephone game...by the time it gets from the person in the know to me to you, who knows how accurate it is anymore?

Edited by Sallaranda

Guest Silver Fox

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the topic of Erickson's acquisition of DNA evidence. As per an email reply I've gotten from someone involved, here is what I was told:

Dr. Hadj-Chikh collected some hair samples that she found out in the wilderness while on an expedition that she could not identify with the naked eye. These hair samples were also provided to Dr. Ketchum.

There is nothing to suggest that Ketchum's DNA source came from the Carter farm at all.

I've also heard rumblings (I'm quite a few people down the grapevine, so take the following with a grain of salt) that Ketchum had one sample in particular that she feels provides "conclusive, substantial, and undeniable evidence" that there is an animal living in the PNW that has traits that are both "exclusively nonhuman" and traits that are "exclusively human".

Everything in quotes was taken directly from an email I received. I've been holding on to this information for only about 2 weeks now, so it is quite new. Also, as I said I am not receiving this information directly. Think of it as the telephone game...by the time it gets from the person in the know to me to you, who knows how accurate it is anymore?

Ketchum is working with many samples from all over North America collected by all sorts of folks.

She worked with some initial samples that was where she found DNA that was in part particular to humans and in part particular to animals. That got her interested in testing more and that's when she started testing out all of the other samples. Right now, she is convinced that BF exists on the basis of her study.