The Carter Farm

Guest JudasBeast

Guest Blackdog

Mary Green is the older lady with the cane.

Janice Carter is the crazy lady who makes up stories about bigfoot taking garlic out of her hand.

Edited by Blackdog

You mean there are more?

As a self-described "hard scientist," how do you explain your uncanny luck in having multiple close-range encounters with such creatures when we haven't even been able to obtain a decent photograph of one? Surely this must give you pause.

A few.

If you've got a group living near you, it's not unlikely to run into them more than once. Particularly if the available sources of water are both scarce and shared. This brings them in closer than usual and increases the odds.

We camped in a lot of different places in the Sierras over the years. There was only one place where we had encounters. That area has a whole bunch of small lakes within just a few miles of each other and they are compartmentalized between areas of high ground at about 8000 ft. Monday morning quarterbacking, I'd say that its prime habitat. never had an encounter at Frenchman's Lake, or Davis Lake, or the Feather River, or any of a dozen other spots. But that small group of lakes in Nevada County was a good spot. In early June, at the end of a long winter and before too many food sources begin to produce at that altitude, it makes sense to me that they'd be very interested in the food we were catching out of the lake, the edible dog we had along, and the food people in the campsite prepared.

The one encounter I had that I would have to attribute to sheer luck occurred a little north of Pyramid Lake. It came over the ridge bold as can be in broad daylight on a beeline course for the Pah Rum mountain cluster. It clearly had no expectation of encountering people where we were. I'll get around to posting that one.

I spent four and a half years at Fort Lewis - more than two and half of them sleeping on the ground here or there in an area with a long history of encounters, and had just one class B encounter. It involved a couple of soldiers cooking food. Nothing magical about that.

I never expected to see one and didn't carry a camera.

Kit,Are you sure about that? Please look at the bottom of each pic. The lady handing garlic to Fox (recreation) is Janice Carter. The older woman with the cane, standing next to the ranger is Mary Green. Anyone?

Mary Green is the older lady with the cane. Janice Carter is the crazy lady who makes up stories about bigfoot taking garlic out of her hand.

You guys are right, I got that backwards. Carter is the claimer. Green is the believer.

We camped in a lot of different places in the Sierras over the years. . . . But that small group of lakes in Nevada County was a good spot. In early June, at the end of a long winter and before too many food sources begin to produce at that altitude,

OK researchers, here you go. Now somebody get out there and at least get a decent photo of one of these suckers!

This is old info but I found it.

http://www.myspace.com/jerrydcoleman/blog/367407953

Sounds like this guy was there?

After reading this account I believe that the Carter Farm accounts are all fabrication done by a woman who desired publicity and a way of making money based on *nothing* but lies.

It's truly heartbreaking to read accounts such as this because it puts a bad light on other genuine reports from credible witnesses.

The very last thing BF research needs are stories such as this one.

However, and most importantly for me, is the * Ericsson Project* also being scammed, *or are they scamming us?*

Are we believers in this project being made fools of?:huh:

Edited by SweetSusiq

Guest Silver Fox

After reading this account I believe that the Carter Farm accounts are all fabrication done by a woman who desired publicity and a way of making money based on *nothing* but lies.

It's truly heartbreaking to read accounts such as this because it puts a bad light on other genuine reports from credible witnesses.

However, and most importantly for me, is the * Ericsson Project* also being scammed, *or are they scamming us?*

Erickson is somewhat gullible. The Kentucky habituation site that he bought appears to have been a true habituation. Fraud Standing was involved with the Erickson Project at some point too, but then Erickson ran him off. I guess Erickson was not aware of his reputation.

There is not much in this for Erickson. Now matter how it all settles out, it looks like he loses money. I guess the DVD is an attempt to make some of the money back. He's been doing nothing but sinking money into this thing and not getting one dime back. I don't think he's scamming us at all, but he may have gotten scammed, at least WRT to the Carter Farm stuff.

I don't know which one, sapiens or Neanderthal, it leans more towards. The idea that's between those two Homo varieties strikes me as insane. BF just seems too primitive.

I am very worried about the peer review process for this paper. Is it not done blind, though? No one will now who the peer review team is. So worries about careers may not be worrisome. And the editor of Nature is on record recently saying that Flores Man opens up the potential for other relict hominids, possibly even some that are still extant. Recall that Krantz and Meldrum had some of the BF papers turned down when they submitted them.

How in the world could the peer reviewers not be recognized? You mentioned that Krantz and Meldrum had their papers and research turned down. I believe that their peers will need to be either very brave to acknowledge these papers, or the reviewers will not be among the top scientists, but part of the fringe group of scientists that have more open minds.

This peer review process could be a problem.It will be like acknowledging Nessie and the unicorn are real.

The peer reviewers will be putting their entire career in jeopardy. :( . IMVHO!

SweetS, if they are even part human, what precludes them from interacting with humans in ways similar to how we interact with one another? It's all about building trust and some people have achieved it. Sorry but its not fair to cast final judgement when you weren't there, or have never had any form of extended interactions with them. Just because something may sound unbelievable because it is outside ones frame of reference of being acceptable, does not mean its not true. Everything about these creatures is pretty much unbelievable. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Erickson will also make out just fine. He's got money to burn and any losses are simply a write off.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest bsruther

Erickson is somewhat gullible. The Kentucky habituation site that he bought appears to have been a true habituation. Fraud Standing was involved with the Erickson Project at some point too, but then Erickson ran him off. I guess Erickson was not aware of his reputation.

There is not much in this for Erickson. Now matter how it all settles out, it looks like he loses money. I guess the DVD is an attempt to make some of the money back. He's been doing nothing but sinking money into this thing and not getting one dime back. I don't think he's scamming us at all, but he may have gotten scammed, at least WRT to the Carter Farm stuff.

I don't believe the Jan Carter story, but the layout of the Tennessee site, as described, in the myspace page that Grayjay posted, bears an uncanny resemblence to the "Kentucky habituation site". Even though I don't believe her story, I find the similarity interesting. I hope that Erickson found proof at the Ky site, but my doubts are pretty high. If he does have proof from there, I'll be very surprised, shocked even.

Speaking of the myspace page that Grayjay posted, that guy seemed to have it in for Jan Carter. He appeared to have an agenda to discredit JC, from the start, almost vindictive.

SweetS, if they are even part human, what precludes them from interacting with humans in ways similar to how we interact with one another? It's all about building trust and some people have achieved it. Sorry but its not fair to cast final judgement when you weren't there, or have never had any form of extended interactions with them. Just because something may sound unbelievable because it is outside ones frame of reference of being acceptable, does not mean its not true. Everything about these creatures is pretty much unbelievable. That doesn't mean they don't exist.

Erickson will also make out just fine. He's got money to burn and any losses are simply a write off.

Prag,my friend, That is *not* what I was saying.

I asked if this family has hoaxed Ericson, I did not say that *Ericson* was hoaxing us, but that he could have been taken advantage of by the Carters.

That is the info I am *seeking*. I trust *Ericson* and the work that he is doing.

I will re-read my post to be sure that I did not sound anti-Ericson..

Thanks...

Edited by SweetSusiq

However, and most importantly for me, is the * Ericsson Project* also being scammed?

OK researchers, here you go. Now somebody get out there and at least get a decent photo of one of these suckers!

Well, now that you have had your "Class B" encounter, will you also be out there trying for a "modicum of evidence" & a decent photo?

Are we believers in this project being made fools of?

Maybe. That's why I'd always recommend critical analysis of the claims before signing on as a "believer." So far, I haven't seen anything out of Tennessee, Kentucky, or anywhere else that convinces me there are real bigfoots out there. I have, however, seen lots of chicanery, wishful thinking, and fraud surrounding this phenomenon.

Maybe I should have clarified better too, the first paragraph of mine above, I was speaking of your Jan Carter judgement. The second I was referring to Erickson. I should have said "As for Erickson, he will also make out just fine. He's got money to burn and any losses are simply a write off."

Okay, I did ask if the Ericson Project could be scamming us.

I had just finished reading the report on the Carter family Farm and the acute lack of BF observed by the researcher who wrote the paper..

My first concern *was* is Ericson being scammed by the Carters into purchasing their farm due to their BF claims?

Then I had the horrifying thought: "Is Ericson scamming us?"

I read here yesterday that Carter is now claiming that her BF have followed her to her new home.

Yesterday I was believing that they could have followed like pets separated from their family who have been known to follow after them trying to be reunited.

Today after reading the report posted here on this topic that was filed for publication and published by a writer about the utter lack of any BF and no signs whatsoever of their presence at the farm, nor in the papers, nor any sightings by the neighbors, and the local police had heard nothing about this issue what so ever, that we were all being deceived by the Carters. :(

I'm now thinking that the Carters have not been totally truthful with their claims.

Has anyone here known anyone who has seen anything like BF at the previous farm, or on or about their new farm?

Edited by SweetSusiq