The Carter Farm

Guest JudasBeast

Can't remember the show, but I remember watching the elderly russian dude who apparently bought the Carter bit hook, line, & sinker at the Carter hacienda, demontrating how BF kill deer by frog hopping over to a busted 3D deer target, mauling it, them pantomining scooping out the guts & feeding.

The only reason I remember this as it was so utterly ridiculous & campy that I said out loud to myself, "now that is going to help credibility"... :blink:

:blush: I thought the very same thing! I was embarrassed for him. :rolleyes: Is it now possible that he was telling the truth? :huh:

You seem like a very reasonable person JDL, and I appreciate your comments. I guess I would be shocked to learn that in the ancient past there hadn't been an entire spectrum of interaction among Homo sapiens and other extant members of our genus, ultimately culminating in competitive exclusion that left us in charge.

As for the stories from the Carter farm, can you explain to me how, as a person of science, you attach any credibility to them at all?

Thanks, I've found you to be objective as well, though from a different perspective.

Remember that for me the existence of bigfoot is not a question. The question becomes whether or not there were actual bigfoot on the Carter Farm.

I've said that I believe there to be some fact, some embellishment, and some fabrication. I believe the level of the latter two escalated as the level of interest in the Carter family heated up.

It would be interesting to go back to Mary Green's first interviews. They are probably more heavily weighted to fact as processed by a young girl growing up. There certainly is the potential for naive misinterpretation.

The information I focused on in their account was that regarding food. Bigfoot are foremost about food, and this is the primary reason that they will interact with us if they don't feel threatened. They, however, will behave aggressively at times to convince you to relinquish your food. Five of the encounters I have had involved bigfoot who were interested in food that I or someone else had. so I found the Carter farm reports of their activities and interactions surrounding food credible. Not all of it, but a sizeable amount of it.

(Drew is not making this up. I indeed had what would be considered a "Class B" encounter by the BFRO. This was on Apr. 16, while in the field with 3 master's-level field biologists. It was myself and one of the other biologists who had the encounter. Discussing here would be an egregious derail of course, but I wanted to provide some context for Drew's comment.)

Excellent, Surely you guys were able to document something from the location. Did this happen in a prairie, or more plausable location? :D You know we are going to need a new thread for this topic.

Hey JDL.

Out of curiosity, how close were you to them at your sightings?

If you were fairly close, what color skin did they have and what was their nose shaped like? Did it have nostrils like us or like a Gorilla's?

Gonna try this again. Lost the last two attempts.

Here are the ones that were relatively up close.

BFRO Report 5697 Thirty-five feet for forty-five seconds of sustained eye contact. Black skin. African American nose - broad, but distinctly human. I think this one expected us to run at first and then simply held us in place while others took off in the opposite direction.

Check the Sightings section in the Northwest for the Pregnant Female Sighting thread. Getting an error when I try to put it in place here. - Less than 60 yards, dark skin, nose a lot like that in the PGF. Post #7 in this thread is about another one that was 18 inches from me separated only by the mosquito flap and the canvas door flap.

Check post #7 in the Ecological impact thread under general discussion (link trouble again). I got within eight feet of this one. I only saw its backside, but that distinctly. This is a very abbreviated account. I've submitted a full write-up to the BFRO, but haven't been contacted yet.

BFRO Report 5770 This one was in arm's reach outside my window. Only the drape and the windowscreen between us.

Gonna try this again. Lost the last two attempts.

Here are the ones that were relatively up close.

You mean there are more?

As a self-described "hard scientist," how do you explain your uncanny luck in having multiple close-range encounters with such creatures when we haven't even been able to obtain a decent photograph of one? Surely this must give you pause.

Can't remember the show, but I remember watching the elderly russian dude who apparently bought the Carter bit hook, line, & sinker at the Carter hacienda, demontrating how BF kill deer by frog hopping over to a busted 3D deer target, mauling it, them pantomining scooping out the guts & feeding.

The only reason I remember this as it was so utterly ridiculous & campy that I said out loud to myself, "now that is going to help credibility"... :blink:

From 5:35...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJfiIAKXxc&feature=related

Recreation of Fox the Bigfoot coming to the door asking for garlic from Janice Carter...

JanFoxmontage.jpg

Mary Green, a ranger, and Igor Bourtsev...

ranger_and_mary_green.jpg

Sorry, best I could do as the English version is no longer on Youtube nor anywhere else I could find.

My money is on more human than ape. When I first encountered one face to face I didn't think "That's a heck of a big gorilla". I was thinking "Look how huge that big black man is."

JDL, I'm posting an image I took of a bigfoot representation put together by David Paulides and Harvey Pratt. I'm curious if your guy looked anything like this. Thanks.

post-215-009018900 1305067844_thumb.jpg

Has anyone thought to contact Jan and see if she would stand for some questions. There are some members who are interested in what she has to say. A moderated Q&A?

This is a much different atmosphere than the last BFF.

Mary Green is the woman you see in the middle photo of my previous post. She is not related to John Green. Janice Carter is the older woman with the cane in the photo below that.

Kit,

Are you sure about that? Please look at the bottom of each pic. The lady handing garlic to Fox (recreation) is Janice Carter. The older woman with the cane, standing next to the ranger is Mary Green.

Anyone?