The Carter Farm

Guest JudasBeast

Guest Sallaranda

Ketchum is working with many samples from all over North America collected by all sorts of folks.

She worked with some initial samples that was where she found DNA that was in part particular to humans and in part particular to animals. That got her interested in testing more and that's when she started testing out all of the other samples. Right now, she is convinced that BF exists on the basis of her study.

Yes, I know. Nothing you said refutes what I said nor does it provide anything new to the conversation.

As far as I'm concerned, I've received more information than you. Not that this is a contest or anything.. :P

Admin

I've seen a Bigfoot, too. From quite far away through binoculars. My thought was that it was a Sasquatch, and it looked like a half-ape half-human. Never did I see it and think to myself "that looks more human than ape" in fact, the opposite was true in my case.

hey Sallandra. When did you see a BF? I ask because when we chatted a few months ago, you hadn't. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

Guest Sallaranda

hey Sallandra. When did you see a BF? I ask because when we chatted a few months ago, you hadn't. Not that it matters, I'm just curious.

I don't recall our chat from a few months ago, but I've never maintained that I haven't seen one. Perhaps I was skeptical of sharing my encounter at first, but if you ask around you'll know that I shared my store with many peers on this forum.

I saw one in the summer of 2009.

Admin

ok, maybe I'm mistaken. It was a while ago.

JDL, I'm posting an image I took of a bigfoot representation put together by David Paulides and Harvey Pratt. I'm curious if your guy looked anything like this. Thanks.

post-215-009018900 1305067844_thumb.jpg

Sorry to take so long responding. A matter of balancing time between my vocation and my avocation.

Someone's a very good artist, but there are significant differences between the image and what I saw.

The image does not have a peaked head. This is more prominent on the males than on the female I saw.

The male's face was very close to that of an African American. The nose was, perhaps, on the broad end of the spectrum. It's eyes very clearly conveyed intelligence. As we stood staring at each other, he was weighing and evaluating me and judging my intentions - every bit as much as I was doing with him. He kept his mouth closed. There was nothing "slack" in his face or expression.

In general, the image conveys the impression of dull brutishness. The one I saw most clearly wasn't dull or brutish. If he had been, I think I would have been scared out of my wits because I would not have been able to judge that his intentions weren't hostile after looking into his eyes.

If you've got a group living near you, it's not unlikely to run into them more than once. Particularly if the available sources of water are both scarce and shared. This brings them in closer than usual and increases the odds.

I wrote this in a hurry and wanted to elaborate a little. Our neighborhood contained the best fresh water source in our part of the valley. In 1972, when the neighborhood was constructed, everybody was landscaping - planting grass, trees, gardens, and watering them daily (over the years more and more people gave up on this and allowed their yards to revert to natural vegetation). Our neighborhood was less that a square mile in size but, compared to the surrounding terrain, it was lush. Because of this, we had so many jackrabbits move into the immediate area that they were considered pests, in part because their concentrated numbers in turn attracted coyotes and at least one mountain lion (we never saw it, but the tracks it left around our goldfish pond were unmistakable). The closer you were to the edge of the neighborhood the bigger the problem was for your family. After I left home my father told me about one year where the summer drought got so bad that it reached a tipping point one day. That evening, about an hour before dusk, an exceptionally large number of jackrabbits began to move in from the desert along with other small herbivores. About an hour later, when the sun went down, coyotes began to follow them in, so intent on hunting that they showed very little of their characteristic caution around people. If you yelled at them, they'd cross to the other side of the street and continue on.

The other thing that made it attractive, probably, to a bigfoot, was that the neigborhood was nestled between two ridges in an area where the only trees were those small ones planted in the neighborhood. The ridges made it possible for them to lurk within a couple of hundred yards and remain undetected for the most part.

Sas, is that you, going by another name, at another forum that said, "Well it happened - I finally had a bigfoot encounter, and I think it might be BFRO-worthy."?

If I was at liberty to discuss threads at other forums here at the BFF I would acknowledge that as my account, but I'm not, so I won't.

Admin

Folks, lets get this thread back on topic please. Any member who wants to relate their encounter may do so in the appropriate thread.

Your prompt attention is appreciated.

No, Erickson went all over North America gathering up purported BF DNA - hair, scat, tissue, blood, and even bones and teeth. People just had this stuff lying around that they suspected was BF material. They gathered it all up and that's what they are working with. I don't know how much, if any, of it came from the Carter farm.

Ketchum is a scientist and has been published in peer reviewed journals before. If she says it's out for peer review, it is. I believe that peer review is done blind. The reviewers don't know who wrote the paper, and I don't believe we know who the reviewers are. Only the journal knows that. It's good to have secrecy about this and make everyone sign NDA's. That's right and proper. Bigfootery is so full of nuts and kooks that they would go insane with this info. The skeptics are just as bad and they would rip us apart. It's best to keep things under wrap - it's very professional. The opposite of media circus.

Silver Fox: Thank you for sharing what information you are privy to. What you've shared brings up other important points. Such things as chain of custody, or proper collection techniques involved. Human contamination can be a problem with these things. Do you have any information on the timing of these peer reviews? It seems like this Erickson project has been ongoing for years. How long should a normal peer review process take?

Without proper collection techniques and chain of custody documentation these results are very likely to be challenged. My whole point was: This should be big news if it were real or genuine. I see nothing on radar suggesting that has happened. It seems to me that this is very reminiscent of previous bigfoot claims.

I'm curious enough and open minded enough to want some type of definitive results. I do not expect it though. What I expect from is yet another dvd or book for sale along with ambiguous results.

Guest Silver Fox

Silver Fox: Thank you for sharing what information you are privy to. What you've shared brings up other important points. Such things as chain of custody, or proper collection techniques involved. Human contamination can be a problem with these things. Do you have any information on the timing of these peer reviews? It seems like this Erickson project has been ongoing for years. How long should a normal peer review process take?

Without proper collection techniques and chain of custody documentation these results are very likely to be challenged. My whole point was: This should be big news if it were real or genuine. I see nothing on radar suggesting that has happened. It seems to me that this is very reminiscent of previous bigfoot claims.

I'm curious enough and open minded enough to want some type of definitive results. I do not expect it though. What I expect from is yet another dvd or book for sale along with ambiguous results.

The DNA project has been going on for about 3 years now. It just went out for peer review sometime this year, I think. Peer review can take months or even a year or two.

Well, I think it is real and genuine, but there is nothing to report at the moment. It's all hush hush with the project until they publish, if they do, publish that is.

I am sure the skeptics will tear it up over all sorts of issues. I don't expect this DNA stuff to prove BF. Scientifically, it ought to just be the start of an investigation into BF, with other teams trying to replicate the results.

I am optimistic about this because of the scientists involved. Ketchum will look pretty stupid if nothing comes of this. Her professional reputation will take a big hit.

It sounds to me that we are back to the fact that *only* a BF body, or a captured BF will bring the scientific community on board about the species being genuine. That is really too bad..It seems to me that it matters *not* how many pictures or stories from very *credible* witnesses about the truth of BF will matter, and now I fear that none of the DNA, nor pictures will sway the hard core skeptics.

Only a body will bring the truth out to make pretty much everyone a believer, and do notice that I did not say *everyone*! Some skeptics will never believe IMVHO..They are too set on being skeptics. :(

Don't sweat it too much SSQ. Even with a body, people would demand that the DNA be sequenced to confirm the thing really is a hairy wildman.;) Then it would be given a proper burial as a Native American. Proof can be a gradual thing where the evidence comes in bits and pieces. Eventually it can tip the scale so to speak.

Did the Carter farm offer any BF related evidence that's being tested and is part of the Ericson Project?

Has everyone here read the reporter's findings at Reply 73# here has the info from a reporter about *his* findings on the Carter Farm..

Totally took every hope that I had away. :(

Don't sweat it too much SSQ. Even with a body, people would demand that the DNA be sequenced to confirm the thing really is a hairy wildman.;) Then it would be given a proper burial as a Native American. Proof can be a gradual thing where the evidence comes in bits and pieces. Eventually it can tip the scale so to speak.

I fear the scale has been tipped totally over upside down most days... :blink:

I get my hopes up, then shot down, then up again, I do believe that I'm developing a split personality often called schizophrenia...All thanks to believing in BF by myself with in the entire family on both sides, mine and hubby's group all of whom are rocket scientists, surgeons, pathologists, lawyers, mine are dual Ph.Ds, bank officials, and I'm the lowly registered nurse who believes in a creature that they all think does not exist... :blush:

With a body I could finally say gently and sweetly "I told you BF existed" and could hold my head up....and not be teased anymore.

Someone please find a body on the Carter farm, or at least take some really excellent pictures. Do try to get some pictures at the *new* Carter Farm since it seems that the BF have followed the family to the new homestead..

Even if the Carter Farm reveals hair and scat, along with pictures, my hope has been on the genetic evidence showing an unknown hominid existing.

I'm thinking that there is still not enough genetic background to build the new evidence onto where scientists will be willing to step forward and risk their entire careers by stating that the unknown hominid DNA is from a BF.

Any scientists here who can help? Please?

Hubby is a Pathologist, he deals with reality, and can not begin to believe in BF. I'm all alone here in my beliefs.

I cannot see the peer reviewers risking everything they have, their respect and reputation, by claiming that the DNA is from a BF rather than an *unknown*.

What do you researchers and scientists think?

I do believe that I'm developing a split personality often called schizophrenia...All thanks to believing in BF by myself with in the entire family on both sides, mine and hubby's group all of whom are rocket scientists, surgeons, pathologists, lawyers, mine are dual Ph.Ds, bank officials,

Wow!! I'm sorry to hear that Suz! Bless your heart! :(

Is one of the doctors in your family a psychiatrist?

Wow!! I'm sorry to hear that Suz! Bless your heart! :(

Is one of the doctors in your family a psychiatrist?

Sadly, No! :blink:

But that surely would have been convenient. :rolleyes:

I just cannot discuss my belief in anything paranormal with any of my family members.

I have seen 2 UFOs close up.

One UFO was not 10 feet from me and my sister one day, but hubby will not discuss anything about UFOs, nor does he believe in BF, and I openly do believe in both.

I just talk here with you guys,and I really appreciate being able to share thoughts and read about people's personal experiences.

I truly love this forum and the people who are members here. :wub:

Hubby and I are happy as long as nothing about BF and UFOs is discussed with him, or around him.

I sincerely think that as a brilliant physician who can handle and succeed at anything he wishes to do, but he has *no* control nor the ability to protect his family from these 2 things.

He truly is a remarkable man, and he is such a wonderful hubby and father who is always taking care of and watching over all of us.

But I think that if these things exist, how could he keep us safe, so he denies their existence.

I can live with that. I have you guys I can talk to about whether or not BF is real.. :wub: I am so glad I have all of you... :D

Did the Carter farm offer any BF related evidence that's being tested and is part of the Ericson Project?

I think Jan did send a hair sample to Fahrenbach, but I don't know what happened to it from there. Hopefully Fahrenbach had some samples he could provide for DNA work, as he has said he has done in the past. Oh what a few hairs could do for her story, provided the DNA actually provides the elusive proof.