Bbc Article: Why Don't People See The Yeti Anymore?

Guest Stan Norton

JDL, it's very simple. If you don't want your background questioned or wondered at, then don't bring it up. Particularly in an attempt to use it to add support to your childhood bigfoot claims.  You do that and then rail about objectivity, ironically, and then also question people for questioning you. That's ridiculous. I'm not about to take anything you say at face value. In fact, the more you rail about it, the less I believe you. No one who was truly as busy with those tasks as you claimed, would then continue to post and argue on a bigfoot board. And, seriously, who reveals the salary of their CEO on a bigfoot forum?  That is beyond bizarre and makes your claims quite unbelievable, in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

This is all terribly off topic. You may want to take Faenors advice and just stick to your claims and leave your supposed background and achievements out of it. I mean, that would be the objective thing to do would it not?

Must have bothered you if you're making yourself out as a censor now.  But that is consistent with what you attempt to do regarding bigfoot evidence in general, isn't it?

“Too frequently skeptics behave as if they wield higher moral authority based only upon the apparent belief that they have some sort of mandate to debunk anything related to bigfoot “

JDL

It is our mandate to debunk all Bigfoot sightings, even us who have seen them up close. Everyone just see this as a game, and I mean a game. It is not a game but real life to us who have experienced them.

I can see where you are getting upset about your sighting and this happens to a lot of us who have seen them. It turns into argument because the event is so great that yes it makes it hard to believe.

The same goes where the Yeti roams where people have now just learned to live with the creature. The creature is there and they learned to live with their experiences. That’s just the way it will be with these creatures. We learn to live with them knowing that they are there.

Now we were all skeptics at one time, we all at one time did not think that they were real. Then we get that Bam in the face and we see one and everything we thought we knew is now reversed. We cannot take back what we saw and all we can do is live with the fact that they are now real. But real to us who have had experienced them in real time.

Stick to the issue of your sightings and do not let the argument beat you. Leave your personal stuff away from the forum so that you are not hassled on that issue. Focus on the sighting, you might learn something from your own sighting that might help.

Thanks for the unsolicited advice.

I'm chose to play pop-up target, and it probably wasn't a good idea. 

But we did learn something, didn't we?  These guys will go beyond proselytizing.  They will go beyond the subjective dismissal of any and all evidence to the point of irrationality.  And, given a chance, they will even go so far as to attempt character assassination of other forum members.

I do apologize to the other proponents and objective skeptics on the forum for the distraction.

Edited by JDL
  • Upvote 2

EB or Eric Beckjord the one we are never to mention do to his funky idea's that surrounds these creatures. I use to think that he was crazy about what he had experienced. But not no more on certain things and you cannot call it paranormal. I prefer to call it something we cannot understand.

He warned me a few times back when he was around, I never listened. I wish I did then,  when he emailed me and we exchange idea's about this creature. At that time they were all like theory to me.at what he was telling me. But they had to be explored and that's what I started doing.

I am sorry I gave you that unsolicited advice, but as you can see it does not matter about credentials. I could be a trained observer and that will make no difference in what we saw. Every sighting we and yes I mean us, we have to be skeptical.

Dude you dug your own hole. You assassinated yourself with this gem

"I'm a busy guy. The CEO I and the rest of the Board hired to run the company I founded at 275k a year plus stock options starts today." JDL

• Upvote 2

JDL, I don't understand how you can keep waiving the objectivity flag after using your supposed career to support your bigfoot claims. All pretense to objectivity was lost at that point.  Especially after claiming how busy you are and then continuing to participate in the discussion and even further offering to spend time with multiple moderators on a bigfoot forum to spend even more of your precious time confirming your identity. Added to which, a 275k salary is really not terribly impressive. It almost sounds like a figure that someone would make up who knows very little about how much CEOs actually make. Almost as if it came from someone living in their parents basement, I think was the term you used? Sorry, but it really doesn't add up. 

Arguments to authority are never going to be taken lightly. Imagine if I said, well I'm a phd in biology, so take what I say more seriously. And then accused anyone who questioned my anonymous credentials of "character assassination"?  It's been my experience that people with actual credentials do not throw them around anonymously expecting extra support or respect. Unless you are prepared to verify those credentials, it's best to not mention them in the first place. And those that do mention them are often the ones who end up being exposed as elaborate role players. That has certainly happened here before. 

Were I you, I would stop playing the victim card and never mention my credentials or background ever again. At least not in an attempt to support a bigfoot claim. But we all can see how well you take "unsolicited advice".

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

Everything I said is true, Dude.  And I believe I stated that we are in early commercialization.  This is his first CEO position, and his salary will increase as milestones are met, rapidly I hope.  His starting salary is actually based on the high end of the standard comps for a company emerging from R&D to commercialization in our market sector, and his level of experience.  He got his ask.  We're thrilled to have him and are looking forward to leveraging our early successes.

Edited by JDL

I struggle to understand why you would offer anything even resembling personal details or credentials that might lead to further questioning when you have already claimed an issue with this in the past?  Given your previous experience with EB, would you, especially you,not strive for absolute anonymity? But no, here you are again making statements that are bound to raise questions. It makes no sense. Sorry, but I don't believe you.

You have investors lining up to give you more money than you need (so you say), and yet you only offer a CEO 275K? Your story does not add up to me. Now, you can continue to push what looks like a fantasy, or drop it and focus solely on your childhood bigfoot claims, minus fallacious support from your alleged career. Were I you, I know which choice I would make. But I know that I am not about to give your bigfoot claim any more credence due to an unverifiable background that sounds fishy to begin with.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 2

It makes perfect sense, dmaker.  You guys are always questioning the credibility of those who have had encounters.  Several of those on this forum are quite accomplished, and I offered some general details on my self.  I believe I was careful enough that an EB would not be able to pinpoint me.  The reaction to it, as I mentioned, was telling.  And if someone really wants verification, they can pick a willing moderator and I can provide them with info to confirm.  I offered that early on.

If your constant appeal is to objectivity, why would your alleged background as a chemical engineer matter? I fail to see the point in bringing it up in the first place. You directly contradict your own constant mantra--objectivity. It makes me think, in this case, objectivity to you means don't question my anonymous, subjective details. Not terribly congruent.

I have never questioned the credibility of a witness. I have always been one to maintain that those sort of details don't matter. Even in the PGF section of this forum, I have never been one to focus on Pattersons background. What matters is evidence to support the claim. A background in anything does not lend credence to a claim, in my opinion. Appealing to a background that cannot be verified and sounds rather questionable anyway, certainly adds nothing either. 

Anyway, I have a poker game to attend, so I have to exit this conversation for this evening.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Everything I said is true, Dude.  And I believe I stated that we are in early commercialization.  This is his first CEO position, and his salary will increase as milestones are met, rapidly I hope.  His starting salary is actually based on the high end of the standard comps for a company emerging from R&D to commercialization in our market sector, and his level of experience.  He got his ask.  We're thrilled to have him and are looking forward to leveraging our early successes.

Eh don't believe it. Surprisingly enough your bigfoot stories send off less red flags. I don't completely rule out bigfoot and I don't necessarily think everyone with a bigfoot story is a liar.

I've been around the internet long enough and on lots of different forums your CEO story just raised lots of red flags.

• Upvote 1