Is The Forest Service Holding Back Bigfoot Proof?

georgerm

The Forest Service has to know about bigfoot, and upper management has decided to keep this from the public.

Do we have evidence they have discussed and decided to hold back BF proof?

Why would they hold this back?

Not to bum you out but this video has been reviewed by a number of groups and found to be wanting. Squatchers lounge podcast, snow walker prime were two. Not sure about thinker thunker but probably there as well.

The Forest Service has to know about bigfoot, and upper management has decided to keep this from the public.

Do we have evidence they have discussed and decided to hold back BF proof?

Why would they hold this back?

Norseman has posited on another thread that the Forest Service are generally staffed by tree lovers who would likely LOVE to bring forth evidence of sasquatch to protect the land/trees/forest from development. I understand that in the absence of progress it is human nature to look for answers and that large scale conspiracies are a possibility but the forest service just seems an unlikely group to be withholding evidence.

If you posited that businesses who need to be able to log the forest would have the motivation to bury evidence I'd be more inclined to agree.

You are describing the National Park Service. With all due respect, your opinion is correct and encompasses some of the Forest Service’s goals but a minor part when compared to supplying wood for lumber to the public.

The map below shows new and old clear cuts from the Rogue River National Forest Service land in Oregon. My employment with them was ‘tree hugger’/ park designer in 1975. Since this time, the Forest Service has cut way back on timber production and does a good job for the public.

My desire is for them to come out with bigfoot proof, so we can protect their dens and areas around the den, and to enact criminal offenses for shooting BFs. Logging can remain at present levels. Win…………win………  just my two cents

post-447-0-61290400-1451931322_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 1

^I spent some time in the Rogue River area doing some research. 

Georgerm - you ever hear about any dog maulings in that area? 

Interesting Cotter. Dog maulings never came up. Are you talking about a pack of stray dogs that took down someone? Hope the maulings were not from dogman that may or may not exist.

Where in the Rogue River area? The Rogue is a long river and the headwaters runs through forest service land. Were you doing bigfoot research.  

One night when bigfoot was out, I'm sure he showed himself to me for a short time. My report is listed here.

The story I recall is from the Grant's Pass Area.  2 dogs, 1 great dane and 1 german shepard were found in pieces.  Apparently some tracks were found.  I've searched and searched for newspaper articles or the like, but have not found any.

Most of my efforts were focused on Mount Peavine near Indian Mary Campground.  It was in this area a pal had multiple encounters years back.  I never did see/find anything 'weird' per se, but had one of those 'moments' in the woods right at dusk where my body told me to get the heck out of Dodge.

Tough terrain up there, if you are working in the old growth it can take some serious time to cover ground.  At one point I was only able to go 1500 feet per hour it was so thick.

Hello Cotter

Tough terrain up there, if you are working in the old growth it can take some serious time to cover ground.  At one point I was only able to go 1500 feet per hour it was so thick.

It's tough bushwhacking and it helps to have a destination in mind as well like a pond or talus field.  Doing that carries a sense of accomplishment when one arrives. One thing to keep in mind too when the going gets as tough as you described- Your retreat should you ever need one. Doesn't sound as though it would be easy to see an ambush never mind run from one. Be safe out there.

I can assure you that the Ontario, Canada forest industry is not holding back information nor do they have any inclination of bf being present or real.

t.

• Upvote 3

The story I recall is from the Grant's Pass Area.  2 dogs, 1 great dane and 1 german shepard were found in pieces.  Apparently some tracks were found.  I've searched and searched for newspaper articles or the like, but have not found any.

Most of my efforts were focused on Mount Peavine near Indian Mary Campground.  It was in this area a pal had multiple encounters years back.  I never did see/find anything 'weird' per se, but had one of those 'moments' in the woods right at dusk where my body told me to get the heck out of Dodge.

Pack of four feral dogs.  None seen again after that night.

http://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=5770

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Dogs are dangerous. They kill more humans in the US than any other animal attacking. However bambi kills more humans than dogs, mostly by running in front of cars. http://www.answers.com/Q/What_animal_kills_the_most_people

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Admin

Oh the US Forest service is the biggest obstruction to the bigfoot mystery being solved.  They've managed to squelch each and every discovery time and time again.  You see it's all about the timber and removing all reasons why forests can't be logged.  Gee I sound like a bigfooter.................... 

Crow, glad to see that you finally wised up and accepted facts....    :onthequiet:

There are antidotal stories about Forest Rangers and park personnel being aware of BF in their area, but they do not advertise it. True or not? I have no idea, but there are reports out there. There are also a few about park personnel having their own encounters.

A couple of reasons I could see for squelching news of BF would be that they do not want every yahoo out there with a gun and a fifth of Jack Daniels "hunting" for the creature. That would be a the mother of all screw-ups. If it did exist, they are very rare and a hunter might actually bag one. That would reduce the breeding population. On the other hand it is much more likely they would bag each other or some innocent bystander. The other reason would be the fear factor. If it was acknowledged that there were BF in the XYZ National Park, I suspect attendance would drop. Park funding is partially dependent on attendance, especially for the smaller or less popular parks. When word got out that there is an eight foot, 700 pound ape(s) running around free range, a lot of folks will consider visiting other areas. Especially if there a number of unexplained disappearances in the area. Yes, you would have the thrill seekers and foolhardy, but a lot of others would go elsewhere. And with all of the yahoos out there hunting for it, most would consider the area unsafe.

Is there a cover-up? No definitive proof I have seen for either position (presuming that BF is real).

Nobody or government agency is going to officially acknowledge any such thing until there is a body. But when that actually happens, you will see a fierce political battle play out.

Hello All,

A hypothetical: Someone gets one and succeeds in delivering somewhere and then an announcement is made that they are real. THEN the U.S.F.S. itself quickly announces, "Holy Cow! We just got one too. Well I'll be, what a danged surprise!". And they're off the hook. Or the heat gets turned on and they are forced to. But it will be the same, "OMG! Look what we just found." And BTW it could be a skeleton that's been scooped off a slab where it's been for the last twenty years- it wouldn't matter. The DOI, BLM, F&G, and FS will all look just fine in the aftermath.

Edited by hiflier

^

Yep, it's a lot easier to grasp that straw as opposed to the science of how a mythical 800 lb.  creature like sasquatch could make a living out there undetected.

t.