Bfro Data

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Here are the increase of total volume of sightings per year as a raster graphic of the spreadsheet I put out on this thread.

post-25212-0-57591500-1454733202_thumb.j

It's going vertical, probably thanks to forums, YouTube and Bigfoot radio. :lol:

SSR Team

We need data inputters as always, we aren't finished by any stretch of the imagination and we've been at it now for what, 3 years maybe or a little more ?

Guess we are averaging around 1,000 reports being added per year right now, with a tonne still to go.

You can't have the glory if you're not prepared to put in the hours before hand.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

What do the numbers on the left side of your graph represent?

My guess is total number going up by yearly increment by how many sighting per year. Unfortunately I found spread sheets to be counter intuitive for automatic data processing.

This was what Gnumeric spit out after inputting the spreadsheet on this thread, If I find out what the volume is I will post as some point.

Since it looks like a hockey stick graph it implies something is fundamentally shifting.

The first large change starts in 2000 so I'm guessing the internet media explosion is driving it and 2010 it goes of the chart, so to speak, I'm thinking Bigfoot based reality shows and internet radio and the generalization of the phenomenon (in a social sense) so we now are seeing them everywhere as our exposure to media is priming us. 

The trend also get a lot steadier after the P-G film.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

This chart clearly shows a perfect case of BF jumping the shark.

Although I am not sure what you mean I think your right!

As MSM began to accept the ridiculous as OK in regard to all things BF we can clearly see a massive upswing in sightings and reports to BFRO

It's great data mining Crypto

and worth the effort. Thanks for putting it together.

For some reason I have personally always been quite leary of BFRO data and it's reports. I don't in anyway discount anyone's personal experiences or even the follow up reports. I just have never read one report that made me go THERE IT IS...

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

As MSM began to accept the ridiculous as OK in regard to all things BF we can clearly see a massive upswing in sightings and reports to BFRO

It's great data mining Crypto

and worth the effort. Thanks for putting it together.

For some reason I have personally always been quite leary of BFRO data and it's reports. I don't in anyway discount anyone's personal experiences or even the follow up reports. I just have never read one report that made me go THERE IT IS...

Thanks Maxtag,

I think the bar is too low, no verification. Of course no one has even "found" one so your starting in a pit with no horizon.

My class A would be sustained direct line of sight in decent lighting, unobstructed, prolonged and by multiple unrelated witnesses or witnesses like police, forest service, military, foresters, experienced hunters, and do a background check or google to see if they have any red flags. People with experience in surveillance, reporting, and witness reports, and the natural world. The reports should be gathered by the same types of individuals trained in deception and interviewing or gleaned from reports by forest service, fire, police, and the like and use an evaluation check list and question check list so you can quantify what you mean by an A instead of a B. 

I confined the data to the PNW as I think outside that area about 95%, at least, are spurious. Some of the A sightings I scrubbed where in major metropolitan areas as well.

We need data inputters as always, we aren't finished by any stretch of the imagination and we've been at it now for what, 3 years maybe or a little more ?

Guess we are averaging around 1,000 reports being added per year right now, with a tonne still to go.

You can't have the glory if you're not prepared to put in the hours before hand.

Do you represent the BFRO?

The reason I asked was just wondering as to which reports you were referencing.

Guest sacripper

^^^ Could be that a combination of things are causing the shift. My hunch is that the TV and media attention have caused both an increase in real sightings as well as hoaxed sightings. And, it is getting tougher to tell the difference since 30 minutes of googling will tell a hoaxer what is needed to make a report believable.

I want to also believe that the social stigma is diminishing.

BFF's standardized reporting project ... it's down in the premium membership section.

MIB

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

BFF's standardized reporting project ... it's down in the premium membership section.

MIB

Thanks for the heads up. 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

My slightly more improved spread sheet of BFRO class a PNW data.

I added a named month column. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9q4_Xjsl9AremNncTd1M21tTXM/view?usp=sharing

You can analyze number of sightings per month, number of sighting per year, elevations average as a function of month, etc. (and all have lat lon as well as elevation). if you are good with spreadsheet formula or you know relational databases. Otherwise you can still do it all manually. 

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

• 2 weeks later...
SSR Team

Do you represent the BFRO?

Sorry CM, I've just seen this.

No I don't represent the BFRO.

I represent this forum and the project we are doing behalf me the scenes which we'd love you to help with if you had any spare time..;)