Would the scientific discovery of Sasquatch revolutionize Paleo Anthropology

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Species transition times based on fossil record reflect only that transition in that locale, and if you're studying a widespread species, these transitions and transitional forms will be occurring at different times over the creatures range, and at different rates as well depending on the pressures of a specific habitat. 

• Upvote 1

Lets do this shall we? This graph is the climate for the last three million years. (Read from right to left) Until around three million years ago there were no real ice maximums- The Earth is generally getting colder with fewer warm peaks. When talking about land bridges it helps to put things into more perspective sometimes:

Climate 3 million years.gif

This graph is of a more recent timeframe. (Read this one from left to right):

Climate Graph 4.PNG

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
2 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I don't trust those dates, I don't trust anthropologists timelines, and I don't believe they know half of what they say they do.

It wasn't but a few years ago that the anthropological collective front stated that men came to North America over the Bering Strait bridge some 10,000 years ago. Then they said 12,000 years ago.  Now it's 13,000 years ago. They also drew a map and the little arrows to demonstrate the migration pattern in subsequent years.

But then, they couldn't explain the Clovis.  Nor a lot of other findings they simply called anomalous and then went to great lengths to ignore.  Then a skull in Texas at Buttermilk Creek that's 15,500 years old.  12,700 year old remains found in Montana.

Then.  THEN there was the little problem in South America - and "conclusive" evidence pushed back their carefully contrived narrative they'd protected for decades.  Whoa!  Some 30,000 years ago, there were folks along the South American coast in Equador.

Now there's the Serra de Capivara location in Brazil that shows humans there 48,000 years ago.

Now if these yahoos can't get their science down within the past 50,000 years in North and South America - then how confident do you think I feel about all that other crap they put out when they start talking millions of years ago?

Of course the non science literate find 100 million year old human footprints, science continues to evolve.

One thing important to remember when looking at those two graphs. Science needed a baseline in order to make the temperature ranges on the graphs relevant to something. The average global temperature in 1950 was chosen to represent the "0" baseline that you see in each graph. That baseline temperature was 57F which translates into around 14C. In doing the math for the coldest periods on each graph one can see that an 8C drop means that the average global temperature for the ice maximums was only 41 degrees F. In a couple of cases it was even colder than that with a 10C drop in overall global temps.Man, for a global average that's danged COLD! 

Edited by hiflier

hiflier -

You make a good point.   It's probably also worth noting that, at least according to the reading I've been doing, glacial maximums and minimums did not always occur simultaneously in Europe and North America, nor necessarily both poles at once.   It is likely that regardless of how much ice is in one location or another, land bridges might only occur those times when the peaks coincide.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Good point MIB. Land bridges being dependent upon how much water gets locked up in ice. I was into this big time for about three years and believe me there's a lot more to this than meets the eye. It took a long time to understand the dynamics in a multidisciplinary way in order to get the whole picture which included volcanology, meteor impacts, space weather, mass extinctions, oxygenations, methane releases.....you name it. It's a fascinating study over billions of years but most important was the last 3,000,000 years or so when the planet started to have more glaciation. That's about the time scientists estimate that Mars lost it atmosphere. Something went on there that seems to have affected both Mars and us. I've been looking for that......... whatever it was.

2 hours ago, guyzonthropus said:

Species transition times based on fossil record reflect only that transition in that locale, and if you're studying a widespread species, these transitions and transitional forms will be occurring at different times over the creatures range, and at different rates as well depending on the pressures of a specific habitat. 

Got your thinking cap on I see :) 

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cryptic Megafauna
4 hours ago, FarArcher said:

I don't trust those dates, I don't trust anthropologists timelines, and I don't believe they know half of what they say they do.

It wasn't but a few years ago that the anthropological collective front stated that men came to North America over the Bering Strait bridge some 10,000 years ago. Then they said 12,000 years ago.  Now it's 13,000 years ago. They also drew a map and the little arrows to demonstrate the migration pattern in subsequent years.

But then, they couldn't explain the Clovis.  Nor a lot of other findings they simply called anomalous and then went to great lengths to ignore.  Then a skull in Texas at Buttermilk Creek that's 15,500 years old.  12,700 year old remains found in Montana.

Then.  THEN there was the little problem in South America - and "conclusive" evidence pushed back their carefully contrived narrative they'd protected for decades.  Whoa!  Some 30,000 years ago, there were folks along the South American coast in Equador.

Now there's the Serra de Capivara location in Brazil that shows humans there 48,000 years ago.

Now if these yahoos can't get their science down within the past 50,000 years in North and South America - then how confident do you think I feel about all that other crap they put out when they start talking millions of years ago?

Of course the non science literate find 100 million year old human footprints,

This is a good illustration of a bug in the forum software.

When I do a new post it resurrects my last post and won't let me change it.

Even after clearing my browser catch and logging back in, so on your end, I think.

Yup hominids specialize to region (called regionalization ; ))

They also transition over time, which is why we are not Erectus or why Erectus changed over time with regional variations.

So you can figure that Bigfoot is regionalized as well since there has not been a land bridge for awhile.

The problem in figuring out dates for earlier land bridges is that each ice advance wipes out the evidence of the preceding advance, leaving a dearth of geological evidence that can be used for reconstruction.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Perhaps searching undersea for evidences of previous sea levels and their minimum points would provide some insight into the rough timeframes.....

My guess is science, with the funding they have for such things, has already scoped that out. Some folks think the Human land bridge migration maps have little but thoughtful scientificc opinion backing them up. Nothing could be further from the truth. Science has meticulously investigated these areas and have DNA tested, and have excavated, and have ran pollen investigations along with ice research, corings, borings, and a myriad of other endeavors. What we have from the effort is the absolute best we can get right now. NONE of us could possibly do any better. Taking what science has discovered and tested for is what we should run with, add to, and work our different hypotheses under. We do that and more in these discussions for sure but as far as us making new discoveries on our own? Highly doubtful.

Edited by hiflier

That's the spirit!

I wonder to what extent sea levels significantly lower than the present have been examined. A sort of transect study of submerged beach heads along the Alaskan coast might reveal considerable insight into passable regions. Of course, much of it could be covered by debris and sediments, but with some form of sonar/radar one might be able to discern such formations more clearly. Just a thought. You'd think this would all have been done already, but perhaps it has yet to be deemed important enough for funding.

That would be a topic for research. I think the Baltic Sea area has been looked at closely for that very reason as it was almost entirely dry when sea levels were down in the last major ice event. I'll have a looksee regarding the Alaskan/PacNW along those same time lines. I'm sure there's already quite a bit of info there. Of course I am SURE all of you will like this article. I know I did ;)

http://indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com/2016/05/23/new-research-sinks-bering-strait-land-bridge-theory-164562

Edited by hiflier

On 10/5/2016 at 11:29 PM, Cryptic Megafauna said:

Of course the non science literate find 100 million year old human footprints,

This is a good illustration of a bug in the forum software.

When I do a new post it resurrects my last post and won't let me change it.

Even after clearing my browser catch and logging back in, so on your end, I think.

Yup hominids specialize to region (called regionalization ; ))

They also transition over time, which is why we are not Erectus or why Erectus changed over time with regional variations.

So you can figure that Bigfoot is regionalized as well since there has not been a land bridge for awhile.

The problem in figuring out dates for earlier land bridges is that each ice advance wipes out the evidence of the preceding advance, leaving a dearth of geological evidence that can be used for reconstruction.

Truer words have never been spoken.

DNA does NOT define our characteristics - and all this funny business on trying to figure out how long certain mutations take over eons to modify a species is not all that biologists say it is.

Intrinsically disordered proteins drive emergence and inheritance of biological traits.

We've all inherited prion based traits and memories of our ancestors responses to environmental changes - some back hundreds of thousands of year ago.  Our individual exposures can trigger truly ancient memory-response, or one developed by our grandmother.

Inherited traits are passed on by prions - with some dating back hundreds of thousands of years.

Conscious memories are "stored" in prions.

Prions are airborne, and

Transmitted human to human.

Naturally, DARPA is funding further research.

Can you run that by me again?^^^^

Are you saying conscious memories can be passed from human to human by this airborne prion? Like the flu virus?