What To Do With The Body?

OK, so WHEN we actually/eventually get a body,

I'm not here to discuss how,

WHAT EXACTLY is the best "step by step" process to move the evidence along from there?

When I get a body, the last thing I want is for it to get "Lost".

We should be thoroughly discussing this

because it will happen, if it hasn't already.

Only serious responses please.

Pack the **** thing in ice with a few six packs and head over Saskeptic's place ala' Weekend at Bernies.

ETA..I was serious. He'd be the first person I would call.

Already have his number, and address, and photos of him getting his mail....but I have been adhering to that restraining order...I promise!

Edited by Redwolf

dont want to open a kill vs no kill derail here, but, assuming you get the body or a big enough piece out of the woods, I guess it would all depend on who you can trust, imo.

if there really is a coverup ( not saying it is or isnt) then who you turned it over to could be very important.

id imagine it might not be a bad idea (no matter who ended up with it ) to keep a big enough chunk of it in a cooler / freezer safely locked away.( in case the rest did get lost) ,take lots of pictures & video, hair samples,blood, tissue etc.as a backup.)

perhaps showing up at a university science lab after tipping off the local media might be the way to go....have plenty of witnesses around in case someone wanted to silence you & / or sweep it under the rug.

& with all the folks on you tube it should go on there quickly as well , that is if you dont value your privacy.

bringing forth such a find would have the world knocking on your door, & not just fame & fortune,but all the crazies out there too. i suspect peace of mind would be a thing of the past for a while.

id venture it might be OK to contact the CFZ & arrange for an anonymous meeting/ delivery to deal w/ the frenzy............they probably know those in this field with pockets deep enough to handle the situation along w/ any legal aspects that might arise as well.

that is , if , of course, this were to happen, imo.

WHAT EXACTLY is the best "step by step" process to move the evidence along from there?

When I get a body, the last thing I want is for it to get "Lost".

Dig a large hole, put the body in and cover as appropriate...walk away.

Guest shamroc

I would take pictures and get them in at least a dozen places, then cover it in ice and drive to Idaho State University.

...Hello, I am here to see Dr. Meldrum please.

Guest ajciani

First, take all the pictures you can, and collect some small samples of the body, for your own personal records. This is your proof that you did have a body, so that if it does get "lost", you will have something to give to other people who will analyze it, and not "loose" it. I would recommend taking four 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch patches of skin, 4 tufts of hair, pulled out with skin tags, 4 swabs of the inside of the mouth, and clip some finger nails. You can place all of your samples in (separate) small sandwich bags, along with a desiccant (uncooked white rice works good in a pinch). Take pictures with some kind of scale. Take full shots of the body, and then move in to do some macro (close-up) shots of important features (with a rule, or other known length scale, if possible). Take pictures of the eyes (open the lids if you need to), teeth, face, hands, feet, and anything else that might seem important. Take multiple pictures, from different angles (at least 3), of each feature.

Second, get that body into the hands of a scientist or doctor. Find the closest, most credible university with an anthropology department, and call them up. Tell them you have found the body of a large, hairy hominid (out in the woods), and its appearance does not fit any known animal, that you are familiar with. Ask them if they are interested in it. If not, find the second closest university, and repeat. You may end up calling the third or fourth, and possibly end up giving up on the universities. If you get no university takers, call up the local zoo. If the zoo isn't interested, try a natural history museum.

If you get no takers at universities, zoos, and museums, you are almost on your own. If you want to risk the body simply vanishing, you could try calling the police to tell them that a person has died; a very hairy person. Bigfoots may look human enough, that it will end up on a coroner's table. If the police don't take it as a human, they may contact the proper authorities: someone in DNR, or even possibly someone at a university (which may give much more weight to the police giving a call).

If you don't want to risk the cops, call the (local) news. Either collect the body, or leave it watched, and call those reporters. If you have to leave the body, and feel it really necessary, you could hack off a hand (or better, a hand and a foot). Tell the reporters that you have no conditions and will take them straight to the body, and they'll be there, right quick (especially if you tell them to be quick, or indicate that the body isn't secure). Try to keep it an exclusive, but only if they arrive quickly. After that, the body will NOT vanish, and will end up on a slab. In fact, calling the local news may be something you would want to do first (collect samples and call universities while you wait).

Guest tracker

Yea like ajciani mentioned take some samples if you can? and hide the body.Other dangers besides carcass being consumed or carried off. Ice? what after you drag and load an 8-10' 800- 1600 lb carcass into the flatbed of a pu truck from deep in the middle of the woods. You then proceed to fill the bed with ice blocks from the local woodland store. smile.gif

Personally I wouldn't call the local geek at the closest university and definitely not the media or a Bf org. Call independents only and have them sign a release or otherwise you can kiss your discovery and any rewards good bye.

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Edited by tracker

I know this wouldn't apply to very many people but,

I live in a small town which happens to have it's own Funeral Parlor.

They do everything on site. They're very good.

One of them was called to NY after 911 to help ID victims.

Would having the body preped by them

be a hindrance or a help for later study?

We could take/save all of the blood

for future testing?

They probably know professional people too.

Admin

Contact local Law Enforcement, News Media, any local Scientist(s) and go from there. I would have them come to you and I wouldn't move or transport the "body" anywhere. You wouldn't want to incur any criminal charges for breaking laws you weren't aware of. JMO

I don't know about the media etc., images alone would be worth money, I wouldn't be so quick to give them(images/film) away.

What ever the location, don't leave it without takin' samples, whatever you can carry out, head, foot, hand, anythin' an everythin' you can carry.

I'd call Jeff(Meldrum) an John G., John B. an a few others, tell them of the find. After tryin' to get the rest of remains of course.

Be nice to try an keep it quiet till it was prooved geuine. Once it's deemed genuine, every image is worth big money...BIG MONEY ! :thumbsup:

Then I'd have a little fun with the doubters of course, maybe make a few challenges or bets ;)

Somewhere in there...I'd have a few wobbly-pops ta celebrate :D

Pat...

Guest BuzzardEater

Do not expect riches and adulation. You will be charged if they catch you. When you examine the body and discover it is a someone, rather than a something, it will be too late.

Suppose this is an alternative universe. In this universe there are governments. These governments want to control everything. They have successfully smothered any dissent. Then, they gave themselves unlimited powers to aid hometown security. Do you suppose these governments will be overcome by a dude with a rifle and a local news crew? Do you think you will be the first to try?

In this universe, they will simply charge you with murder of a John Doe. Then, if you play ball, they will let you plead to manslaughter. If not, it's off to federal prison, where you will be accidently left in the yard when the bad boys come out. End of story.

The only way to produce a BF is to present a live one. Even then, you are upsetting the status quo on a societal level. Is easier to quash a movement or a troublemaker? I think they'll nip you, bud.

Hmmm... interesting.

While BuzzardEater conjures up an unusual mental picture,

I don't subscribe to the supernatural abilities of ANY animals

and I quit fighting the law long ago.

I definitely would not cop to being the shooter

just a guy who happened to be in possesion of a wild animal carcass.

So let me sum up:

Take 100's of photo's,

take multiple and varied samples,

stash some away for safe keeping,

careful who you tell,

but you will need some kind of help eventually,

(I'm thinking Meldrum also, maybe Ketchum, whoever's closer to you),

pack it in ice,

don't go on the 10 o'clock and say "I shot it first, not Matt"!

Sorry about that one, couldn't help it.

Can we think of anything else

that may be more forensically appropriate.

Wear gloves etc. while handling.

Would that really be necessary?

What else?

Please no ESP BS.

Dig a large hole, put the body in and cover as appropriate...walk away.

you know ace, im beginning to see the logic in this train of thought..... the results of not doing so might not be worth the headache,imo.