What To Do With The Body?

Guest ajciani

Personally I wouldn't call the local geek at the closest university and definitely not the media or a Bf org. Call independents only and have them sign a release or otherwise you can kiss your discovery and any rewards good bye.

Oh, if it's rewards you're looking for, then skip the samples, and don't bother contacting anyone.

Instead, haul the body back home. Put it in a large freezer, weight it down, and freeze it into a block of ice. Construct a refrigerated, glass viewing cabinet, and shave down the ice as far as you can for optimal viewing, while leaving just enough haze so that people cannot garner any details. Fabricate four different stories about the origins of the body; one about a Russian fishing trawler, one about a creature shot in Thailand, one about shooting it in Minnesota, and one about it being a mannequin. Obtain tents at county fairs, and display the body to the viewing public, for a fee.

If you want people to know that squatches are real, and you want to learn what they are, then I would highly suggest contacting the local science geeks. Also, you can feel free to contact Meldrum or Ketchum or Green or Coleman first, but you will be wasting precious time, and leaving the body to other bigfoots to bury, or creatures to eat. They will tell you what I have told you, contact your local geeks. They are not in positions to just drop everything and run out to see a body. Even if they can see the body, they are not experts in anatomy or necropsy (those will be at the universities and the zoos). If you really want some dough, you could contract (using your own money) the university to verify the corpse and store the body, while you call up the auction house.

BTW, just because you find a naked, hairy body in the woods, does not mean that it must be a bigfoot.

Guest tracker

Oh, if it's rewards you're looking for, then skip the samples, and don't bother contacting anyone.

Instead, haul the body back home. Put it in a large freezer, weight it down, and freeze it into a block of ice. Construct a refrigerated, glass viewing cabinet, and shave down the ice as far as you can for optimal viewing, while leaving just enough haze so that people cannot garner any details. Fabricate four different stories about the origins of the body; one about a Russian fishing trawler, one about a creature shot in Thailand, one about shooting it in Minnesota, and one about it being a mannequin. Obtain tents at county fairs, and display the body to the viewing public, for a fee.

If you want people to know that squatches are real, and you want to learn what they are, then I would highly suggest contacting the local science geeks. Also, you can feel free to contact Meldrum or Ketchum or Green or Coleman first, but you will be wasting precious time, and leaving the body to other bigfoots to bury, or creatures to eat. They will tell you what I have told you, contact your local geeks. They are not in positions to just drop everything and run out to see a body. Even if they can see the body, they are not experts in anatomy or necropsy (those will be at the universities and the zoos). If you really want some dough, you could contract (using your own money) the university to verify the corpse and store the body, while you call up the auction house.

BTW, just because you find a naked, hairy body in the woods, does not mean that it must be a bigfoot.

No your conclusions are wrong, don't assume other peoples motives. I used the word your not me. And mentioned seeking rewards in the same context. Nor did i mention any personal motives about proving they exist to others. IMO the local science geeks won't know what to do with an unknown specimen even if educated. But mostly its because I wouldn't trust them to keep it secret. As soon as you hang up they would be texting others and putting on Facebook and Twit. If there was a local person in this field that also worked at a zoo as a biologist then sure. But I wouldn't contact just anybody with a bio background as you suggest that's not a smart call.

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Let's stay on topic.

Is this question getting the answers it really needs?

This should be a wake-up call even to those who consider themself an expert!

We all need to be able to logically and systematically

define a process to handle the inevitable discovery of a body.

OK, so WHEN we actually/eventually get a body,

I'm not here to discuss how,

WHAT EXACTLY is the best "step by step" process to move the evidence along from there?

When I get a body, the last thing I want is for it to get "Lost".

We should be thoroughly discussing this

because it will happen, if it hasn't already.

Only serious responses please.

Are you supposing that you are alone, or with other people?

If alone, and since you would have to leave to get assistance in handling the body, I would take a body part in case of someone trying to steal the body, and I would cover the body as well as I could until I would be able to return..

If you have a companion, one should stay with the body, while you go for help.

I think that notifying every TV and newspaper is an excellent idea.

If necessary take them to the body for them to get pictures, and make arrangements for a tow truck to come and put the body on a flat bed truck, and take it home with you, but keep it covered in ice to delay decomposition.

Then find out legally( since BF does not exist) if you are able to claim ownership of the body with a credible and honest lawyer.

Call everybody, and get them out there to view the body, to take pictures and have live TV shots taken of it.

You will need to have a large refrigerator or freezer to place the body in to keep it from decomposing too rapidity. Good Luck, that will change your life forever.

An old farmer I used to bale hay with, (now deceased) was digging a well where he found a natural spring. When he hit what he thought was a boulder. After digging some more, he unearthed from about 10-15 ft. deep several, of what were easily identified as huge, rock hard bones. He contacted the local university, and they sent out a team of students to grid off the area, and started excavating. Aft. a week or so, they had dug up about ten skeletons of what they said were prehistoric bison. The farmer, had no use for them, but indicated he wanted some compensation for them. He was rudely told that, they were property of the state, and if he didn't butt out, that they would even confiscate his land, and declare it some kind of a site.

He bitterly went about his own business, and left them alone. When they were apparently satisfied they had all there was to get, they left, and he hadn't heard any more from them. I noticed the well was finished, as we had been drinking from it for months. Later at his house he said I have something to show you. We went indoors, and he first showed me some beautiful furniture his son had made. Then he took me in the living room, someplace he never let outsiders into. On the wall was a huge buffalo skull, black and hard as rock, polished very smooth. He said I kept the best one for myself, before even calling the university.

That's a true story, I touched it myself. It happened long ago, when the laws may have been different, but it shows what may go down when you don't follow the rules in a certain order. I think the first person I would contact is a lawyer, probly the best I could afford.

I just realised, that my reply doesn't realy deal with what to do with the body itself. To avoid being prosecuted for tampering, I would photo, and take samples of hair W/folicles if possible, the mouth swab would make sense too or any blood samples. Then I would be on the phone to a lawyer, then a respected researcher, who's names have already been mentioned. If the body dissapears in the meantime, it probly wouldn't be the first. If it wasn't the athorities, that person will have to deal with the consequences. Just my $.02

That's a true story, I touched it myself. It happened long ago, when the laws may have been different, but it shows what may go down when you don't follow the rules in a certain order. I think the first person I would contact is a lawyer, probly the best I could afford.

The laws haven't changed that much...except maybe to get WORSE. Anything on, in or over the ground pretty much belongs to the state when it comes to animals/animal parts, excavated remains and artifacts, etc. They claim it ALL by default.

This is the same sort of BS that pretty much killed off the Treasure Salvage industry.

An old farmer I used to bale hay with, (now deceased) was digging a well where he found a natural spring. When he hit what he thought was a boulder. After digging some more, he unearthed from about 10-15 ft. deep several, of what were easily identified as huge, rock hard bones. He contacted the local university, and they sent out a team of students to grid off the area, and started excavating. Aft. a week or so, they had dug up about ten skeletons of what they said were prehistoric bison. The farmer, had no use for them, but indicated he wanted some compensation for them. He was rudely told that, they were property of the state, and if he didn't butt out, that they would even confiscate his land, and declare it some kind of a site.

He bitterly went about his own business, and left them alone. When they were apparently satisfied they had all there was to get, they left, and he hadn't heard any more from them. I noticed the well was finished, as we had been drinking from it for months. Later at his house he said I have something to show you. We went indoors, and he first showed me some beautiful furniture his son had made. Then he took me in the living room, someplace he never let outsiders into. On the wall was a huge buffalo skull, black and hard as rock, polished very smooth. He said I kept the best one for myself, before even calling the university.

Best Idea I've heard in awhile...Lawyer first!

May I suggest one with who works on a contingency fee? No reward, no bill. :D

Hmmm... interesting.

While BuzzardEater conjures up an unusual mental picture,

I don't subscribe to the supernatural abilities of ANY animals

and I quit fighting the law long ago.

I definitely would not cop to being the shooter

just a guy who happened to be in possesion of a wild animal carcass.

So let me sum up:

Take 100's of photo's,

take multiple and varied samples,

stash some away for safe keeping,

careful who you tell,

but you will need some kind of help eventually,

(I'm thinking Meldrum also, maybe Ketchum, whoever's closer to you),

pack it in ice,

don't go on the 10 o'clock and say "I shot it first, not Matt"!

Sorry about that one, couldn't help it.

Can we think of anything else

that may be more forensically appropriate.

Wear gloves etc. while handling.

Would that really be necessary?

What else?

Please no ESP BS.

Coach Squatch,

To be honest, I don't think the handlin' it with gloves is that big a deal, if you have a chunk of it, I'm sure the transfer would be limitted, besides, the bones inside of tissue would be the proof. Again, take all that one can carry.

Pat...

Thanks Pat,

That's what I was thinking too.

BTW, I just sent off an initial Q to the TP&W

regarding the shooting of unclassified species.

Like an undiscovered duck during duck season.

We'll see what happens, if anything.

Guest watch1

Dig a large hole, put the body in and cover as appropriate...walk away.

I will have to agree, that will most likely be the smart thing to do.

Mike (watch1)

Guest tracker

That sounds about right, thats another reason you can't just trust anyone. Have a release prepared for all to sign and don't meet them at the field location the first time. Only give them your first name and meet at a coffee shop or dinner away from where you live or the body site. Some of these buggers might have people follow you home or to the location. Its allot more serious and competitive in the field than most realize.

I wouldn't be surprised if Erickson doesn't use PI's and or armed guards protecting that project. JMO tracker, dry.gif

Mike (watch1)

Hello Mike, speaking of bodies, are you meeting Jodie to check out the 7 foot skeleton in Selma?

I actually am not off topic :blink: I hope!

Mike (watch1)

:unsure: WHY? I don't understand. If I shot a BF (yeah,like that's ever going to happen, but my soldier son could) why would I have to be frightened of the authorities? Why not call the news, call everybody and get attention so that the body cannot just disappear?

Bury something of that magnitude that changes history and cryptology?

I truly don't understand why walking away or burying it is the smart thing to do.

Aft. a week or so, they had dug up about ten skeletons of what they said were prehistoric bison. The farmer, had no use for them, but indicated he wanted some compensation for them. He was rudely told that, they were property of the state, and if he didn't butt out, that they would even confiscate his land, and declare it some kind of a site.

I know you have no rights when it comes to Indian graves etc., but animal finds, even dinosaur finds are yours if found on private property.