Scat With Hackberries

indiefoot

True, and a bear might very well get into a patch of berries and eat his fill. But we don't have bears and these berries grow on trees.

These two piles of scat were found at the same time about 75 yards apart, they are identical in size and entirely made up of Hackberries. They are the same age and are likely from the same bowel movement as circumstances putting two separate BMs that close together and that similar are unlikely.

They are easily twice the size of coyote scat. Every bit the size of large human excrement. Look in appearance every bit human. I haven't heard a credible argument that a know local animal left these examples. Human.... possible but unlikely.

post-9-088345900 1308005338_thumb.jpgpost-9-041263500 1308005716_thumb.jpg

Guest BitterMonk

I would argue that you've heard at least one credible argument. It looks like feral hog scat. It is within the size range of feral hog scat. There are feral hogs in your general vicinity.

However I think it is apparent you weren't being honest with yourself when you asked for suggestions as to the origin. Therefore I'll take my leave of this thread and leave you to your predetermined solution.

Guest rockinkt

Why not send a photo and email to your local wildlife biologist?

If they are interested in identifying it - that is assuming that it is not a feral hog - you can send them a piece that you have already frozen in your deep-freeze. Right?

I1,

If you'll re-read my op, I had a pretty good idea what I had. I don't apologize for that, nor do I believe a feral hog was the donor. I don't think they are selective enough of what they eat to put together that much scat without a trace of anything but Hackberries. I doubt if anyone collected them and fed them to the hogs in a bowl. No hogs reported in the area. No hog tracks on the road or in the ditches. Hackberries still grow on trees.

The argument for hogs has fallen short in my opinion.

RockinKT,

If I wanted to get anyone else involved in my studies I would have done it.

I guess your not supposed to share what you find unless you're willing to agree with everyone elses opinions?

Guest rockinkt

I1,

RockinKT,

If I wanted to get anyone else involved in my studies I would have done it.

I guess your not supposed to share what you find unless you're willing to agree with everyone elses opinions?

Why are you afraid to get an expert's opinion?

Do you just want to bask in the glow of believers?

If you are so sure you have something that defies the logical opinions put forward by people who have great credibility (i.e. Bittermonk) - it should be analyzed.

Anything less and I truly start distrusting motives.

Guest 8footer

If it's not Bear, then it's either Pig, Hog or Bigfoot.

Porcupine scat looks like this too, but the size is a bit big (even for a large porcupine).

Why are you afraid to get an expert's opinion?

Do you just want to bask in the glow of believers?

If you are so sure you have something that defies the logical opinions put forward by people who have great credibility (i.e. Bittermonk) - it should be analyzed.

Anything less and I truly start distrusting motives.

So much drama..... actually I was just sharing some pictures of some poop I found. Haven't seen much glow to bask in, dang.

I doubt if anyone collected them and fed them to the hogs in a bowl.
But we don't have bears and these berries grow on trees

You've already been informed and given links to articles that discuss how these berries fall from the trees. After BM's comment about it being likely hog scat, I also posted articles that discuss how hog scat can resemble human scat. These facts seem to be ignored because they don't fit with a preconceived notion.

actually I was just sharing some pictures of some poop I found.

According to the title of the thread, you were inviting people to give input as to what could have made the scat.

It's became clear rather quickly that you really just wanted affirmation, not input.

Edited by Redwolf

I am still interested in plausible alternatives. I guess I missed the rule that makes it a requirement to agree with Bittermonk.

Guest rockinkt

So much drama..... actually I was just sharing some pictures of some poop I found. Haven't seen much glow to bask in, dang.

The "drama" comes from you. You attempted to pass off ***** as shinola :lol: and when you are called on it - make up a silly excuse as to why you do not want actual analysis from a qualified person.

If you are sure it isn't something that has been put forward as a logical explanation in this thread - why are you unwilling to put it to the test? :unsure:

edited for speelingz

Edited by rockinkt

Guest rockinkt

I am still interested in plausible alternatives. I guess I missed the rule that makes it a requirement to agree with Bittermonk.

Based on his knowledge and experience and his factual reasoning - why would you discount his opinion so easily? Are you interested in facts?