Field trips 2.0

BC witness

Jelly!

Edit: As in "jealous," not sturgeon jelly. Thinking that would not be good!

Edited by Incorrigible1
  • Haha 1

We used to do quite well sturgeon fishing in the Columbia and halibut fishing of the coast of Newport. We would have a fish frys and we would cook halibut and sturgeon that we caught and you could hardly tell the difference between the two. Good times!

• Thanks 2

BFF Patron

Smoked sturgeon is really good stuff.     It takes quite a bit of liquid courage for me to have caviar.     Cannot get past I am eating bait until that happens.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Haha 1

BFF Patron
3 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Jelly!

Edit: As in "jealous," not sturgeon jelly. Thinking that would not be good!

Gelatinous def.  jelly=like

On 1/30/2021 at 6:26 AM, norseman said:

And then sturgeon fishing on the Wilamette in Oregon

HEY, where you gonna be?  Want to meet up? Message NorthWind and I. I assume you've scheduled a bunch of stuff already, but I'd love to meet you!

1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Cannot get past I am eating bait until that happens.  

Okay that made me laugh!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

HEY, where you gonna be?  Want to meet up? Message NorthWind and I. I assume you've scheduled a bunch of stuff already, but I'd love to meet you!

Okay that made me laugh!

I parked at my cousins up in Seattle and I rode down with him. Just got back to his place.

When I have more time I will look you guys up! Promise!

I was gonna go out to Forks, but my back is toast from yesterday. Looking forward to a hot bath and my own bed. I will be heading back to the frozen wasteland tommorow.

• Upvote 1

Beautiful fish! Morton and Packwood sound familiar re: BF activity, those elk are a good sign, maybe around May...

Forks is a good 2+ hours one way from SEA, as I'm sure you know. I'm scheming about how to maybe get there for a couple days since family trip there got canceled last year.

• Thanks 1

I'm stuck in a snowstorm, at a Microtel, in what I know has to be squatch country.

Does that sound like a field trip?

:blush:

Sucks...but better safe than sorry with the precious cargo I'm responsible for.

3 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I'm stuck in a snowstorm, at a Microtel, in what I know has to be squatch country.

Does that sound like a field trip?

:blush:

Sucks...but better safe than sorry with the precious cargo I'm responsible for.

How much snow do you have so far?

16 hours ago, norseman said:

I parked at my cousins up in Seattle and I rode down with him. Just got back to his place.

When I have more time I will look you guys up! Promise!

Yes, please! Seattle would be a bit of a commute for a visit. 

I'm totally down with visiting the Forks area, and the Oly Penn. It's someplace I haven't been since I was a teen growing up on the other side of WA. We should plan a meet and greet and see who else is interested! Maybe this summer, maybe next, depending on .... the curveballs that life throws at us and all that. 

22 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Yes, please! Seattle would be a bit of a commute for a visit. 

I'm totally down with visiting the Forks area, and the Oly Penn. It's someplace I haven't been since I was a teen growing up on the other side of WA. We should plan a meet and greet and see who else is interested! Maybe this summer, maybe next, depending on .... the curveballs that life throws at us and all that. 

Ive got back surgery coming up this month. Once I’m back on my feet? Let’s plan something. I wanted to go to Alaska this summer. But Canada seems to be dragging its feet on ever opening its border back up. 

50 degrees here on the East side of Washington today.  Girlfriend and I came down with Covid a week ago and have been miserable.  She got it from her parents, who caught it at their weekly Bible study.  She got sick last Sunday, then I got it Monday.  Started feeling achy and out of sorts.  We both went and got the quick tests from our company health clinic and both were negative.

By Thursday, we were both barely able to function with horrible body aches, sore throats, fevers, and lost our sense of taste.  I went to the hospital and got a PCR test done on Sunday as well as some steroids.  Still waiting on my test results.  She got another quick test this morning and was positive for Covid.  We're both starting to feel a little better, but my throat is still raw.  Doc said I was negative for strep and flu and is certain it's Covid.  I've never been this sick for this long.  Usually only a day or two under the weather.  Never a week straight of being worthless.

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

How much snow do you have so far?

8.5 hours on the road today. We covered what would normally take 4 hours. Probably averaged 50mph on some southern PA stretches but averaged 30-35 the last half of the day. 110 miles from home and calling it a night.

I'd say they have 8" here...problem is PennDOT isn't doing much for the roads these last two stretches. Bagh.

7 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

8.5 hours on the road today. We covered what would normally take 4 hours. Probably averaged 50mph on some southern PA stretches but averaged 30-35 the last half of the day. 110 miles from home and calling it a night.

I'd say they have 8" here...problem is PennDOT isn't doing much for the roads these last two stretches. Bagh.

We have not gotten our standard 1/4 inch yet, which typically brings about conditions and behavior like something that you would see in the movie The Road. 

image.jpeg.1721ded0ddcd484e8e8927cf235b8e3f.jpeg

• Haha 1

• gigantor unfeatured, featured and unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic