The Sasquatch Research Dream Team

Guest wudewasa

Michael, Magic, Larry, Kareem, and . . . oh, I don't know, how 'bout Bob Cousy running the point?

As for finding proof of bigfoot, you don't need a dream team or even a team. We just need one person to kill one with a vehicle or a gun, or one person to find a piece of one somewhere.

Supposing bigfoot had been proven, what type of team would you assemble to do a census type study to document population and distribution?

Guest krakatoa

Dream Team:

Me - the one man on record so far who will actually poke Bigfoot with a stick...

My friend 'Rug' - the one man on record so far who will steadfastly video Bigfoot beating me with my own arm...

And a good trauma doc, with preference given to one specialized in proctology, as said arm may need to be retrieved after 'foot turns me into a krak-cicle.

The things I get talked into for "science".

BBF Members- My dream team would inclued, Dr. Jeff Meldrum, Rick Noll, Autumn Williams, Cliff Barakman, John Bingernagel, any well known good local guide for the location involved ptangier

Supposing bigfoot had been proven, what type of team would you assemble to do a census type study to document population and distribution?

Any team of wildlife biologists with experience in tracking and conducting surveys for low density carnivores (e.g., larger mustelids, cats, bears, etc.) would be suitably trained to do the same with a hypothetical real bigfoot. I have seen no reason to place confidence in the ability of any self-described bigfoot researchers to do such work; I would have even less confidence in bio-celebrities like Jane Goodall or Jeff Meldrum. The former is a behaviorist and the latter an anatomist; neither have built their careers from conducting population surveys for wildlife that occur at low densities.

Any team of wildlife biologists with experience in tracking and conducting surveys for low density carnivores (e.g., larger mustelids, cats, bears, etc.) would be suitably trained to do the same with a hypothetical real bigfoot. I have seen no reason to place confidence in the ability of any self-described bigfoot researchers to do such work; I would have even less confidence in bio-celebrities like Jane Goodall or Jeff Meldrum. The former is a behaviorist and the latter an anatomist; neither have built their careers from conducting population surveys for wildlife that occur at low densities.

Agreed! At least on engaging the biologists.

Probably, in all fairness, you should have at least one or two "experienced field researchers" with them if for no other reason that it would be healthy to have both sides of the argument present as witnesses and to promote healthy dialogue.

Too many believers = every forest sound is likely BF

Too many non believers / skeptics = nothing is BF

Debate is healthy, regardless of who is proven right or wrong.

I'd love to be fly on the tree during one of these conversations:

(sound in the distance)

Researcher - "Did you here that? that was Bigfoot!"

Biologist - "Nope...that was an owl"

on the flip side of the coin (although arguable less likely.. unfortunately)

(groups finds a large bare foot track)

Researcher - "look! a foot print! What could have made that?"

Biologist - (scratches head) "Uhhh....I have no idea...interesting...I'll get the casting material!"

kbhunter, chrisbfrky,squatchdective, HRP,bipedalist & mr branco,dudlow & then i wouldnt mind going along.

if we get kb's old location & experience ,bipedalists recording skills, chris& squatchdectives no BS style research &radio to keep everyone posted,& branco can offer his outlook on behavior/habits & dudlows input would be welcome.

HRP might be willing to help finance the venture & offer his hunting/outdoors skills . Im also an avid hunter & outdoorsman & could keep my old biology teachers # on speed dial, just in casewink.gif

BFF Patron

Thanks slick, but I think the best part of that whole deal would be having HRP up in the treestand with cover fire. :lol: (j/k)

Thanks slick, but I think the best part of that whole deal would be having HRP up in the treestand with cover fire. :lol: (j/k)

id almost pay to see thatbiggrin.gifif nothing else it would be one heck of a camping trip ,what with the

BFF hearing the play by play on the blogsquatch radio & all being digitally recorded on an Olympuswink.gif

Guest parnassus

Paranussus - Jon Stewart? Don't get it.

And - kit - THAT guy is THE best in his field? Really? I highly HIGHLY doubt it.

Notice I would have a chef, two comedians and a DJ. My posse. What do you know about DJs? Or are you just taking a shot?

For DNA analysis and primate evolution, the best of the best...

TRD2.JPG

Todd Disotell

This guy would be cool to have on a team.

This guy would be cool to have on a team.

Yeah, I just can't get past the hair. Not a matter of prejudice, simply a perception that anyone of his age who styles himself so provocatively, may likely be an in-your-face-I'm-right-you're-wrong sort of guy. I believe that such a person may be so tied to their own preconceptions/contrarian attitude that they might not be completely objective.

Worst case, he's simply a peacock and his involvement will be more about himself than the subject of study.

It's not his appearance that bothers me, it's the attitude that leads to his appearance that concerns me.

Edited by JDL