Jump to content
MikeZimmer

Implications of Apparent Consistency of Evidence

Recommended Posts

Patterson-Gimlin

That could be the answer to all sightings and not just the East.

Hopefully we will get the answer sooner than later. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
2 hours ago, NatFoot said:

 

So you think the Eastern US reports are fake, misidentification or grand delusion?

 

I dont.

 

But if I was a betting man? As to which coast could still support them better? I think the west coast is still more primordial. Sequoias, redwoods, brown bears, cougar, moose, elk, caribou, wolverines, lynx, etc.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team
9 hours ago, NatFoot said:

 

Ok ..who is putting together the table that shows that vs population and number of Class A sightings?!?

 

😉

 

I'll raise my hand for that..;)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team
3 hours ago, norseman said:

 

I dont.

 

But if I was a betting man? As to which coast could still support them better? I think the west coast is still more primordial. Sequoias, redwoods, brown bears, cougar, moose, elk, caribou, wolverines, lynx, etc.

 

 

 

I'm with you, but a better chance to do what you want to do on the East Coast on that basis ?

 

I'd say so.

 

Have a look how small some of these "Hot Spots" actually are Norse, compared to the West.

 

For example, i know little to nothing about Ohio and Salt Fork State Park, except that it has an abundance of Sasquatch Reports and is just over 17k acres.

 

It also lays in a County that is second highest in North America where "Multiple Creatures" are reported.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Huntster
BFF Donor
8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

So you think the Eastern US reports are fake, misidentification or grand delusion?

 

Not necessarily. The report patterns don't support that blanket condemnation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
norseman
6 hours ago, BobbyO said:

 

I'm with you, but a better chance to do what you want to do on the East Coast on that basis ?

 

I'd say so.

 

Have a look how small some of these "Hot Spots" actually are Norse, compared to the West.

 

For example, i know little to nothing about Ohio and Salt Fork State Park, except that it has an abundance of Sasquatch Reports and is just over 17k acres.

 

It also lays in a County that is second highest in North America where "Multiple Creatures" are reported.

 

I agree. 

 

Its just finding time to load up and go.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

I think the difference between East and West Coast Habitat is time.     Native Americans lived in relative harmony with BF.   Perhaps not harmony but certainly trying to leave BF alone.      When Europeans showed up with guns,   that changed.    So the Eastern Forests have been influenced for several centuries more by men with guns.   When you saw something in the forest that scared you, you shot at it.   Many were likely killed   one story is that Daniel Boone shot a BF.    Other than a few trappers and coastal visits from the sea,  it was not until the early 1800s that there was much European presence in the Western US.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JKH
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Huntster said:

 

Washington has a couple of very important variants from the eastern seaboard. First, the PNW has mountIns. Not hills like the Appalacians, but real mountains. Not one range, but three or more; the Coast Range, the Cascades or Sierra Nevada (secondry range), and the Rockies. There is every reason to believe that the mountains are key to sasquatch survival, both in the Old World and New World.

 

Forest is key, but high Homo sapien density is detrimental to most other life, including weak Homo sapiens, and Homo sapien density is highest in lower elevations.

 

Through study and some experience, I think the viewpoint some have of them being creatures only of the forests and mountains is too limited. That's one of the points I bang on about from time to time. One reason for bringing up OK is that I have traveled there and seen the terrain, and it has thriving populations of the hairy guys. Shout out to Bigtex, for another example. They're all over the "hills" in the East. Once you see the terrain(s), the actual biology gets a little clearer.

Edited by JKH
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franco
BFF Donor

Hi All...

 

Animals are creatures of habit.... They tend to use the trails... hunt the geo locations... Humans are also creatures of habits.... 

It is safe to say, that good data would help track them....

They geo track whales, dolphins, apes, gorillas almost ever animal alive.... 

I have often wonder why [maybe the do, but I havent seen it. Only maps with sighting [dots or pins] reports on it]  They dont log directional data. foot print point north. we do get the occasional he was heading x.

 

They must migrate for food, as we did in our past... They probably have a range\territory they use from there living area. We did why woundnt they do the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

Good points Franco.      I am very familiar with the trails in Eastern Clark County and Skamania County Washington.   Been on most of them.   So when I fly over the area, I can easily pick out the trails I know and that are on the USGS maps of the area.   Problem is that there are many more trails than are marked on maps.     Some of them are likely long abandoned logging roads,   some are likely game trails,   I think it unlikely at this point that First Nations trails are still evident without human traffic.   But about 1900 I would bet that First Peoples trails were still visible.     The rain forests of the PNR are very much like jungle.   Do nothing and it quickly fills in with vegetation.    It takes frequent use to keep a trail from overgrowing.   Something is using those trails frequently enough to keep them open.   WIthout being marked and known,  recreational hikers are not using them.     It would take an organized effort and a lot of people to figure out what is using all of those trails that can be seen from above.   I wonder if those un-mapped trails are the key to figuring out BF movement and migration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franco
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Good points Franco.      I am very familiar with the trails in Eastern Clark County and Skamania County Washington.   Been on most of them.   So when I fly over the area, I can easily pick out the trails I know and that are on the USGS maps of the area.   Problem is that there are many more trails than are marked on maps.     Some of them are likely long abandoned logging roads,   some are likely game trails,   I think it unlikely at this point that First Nations trails are still evident without human traffic.   But about 1900 I would bet that First Peoples trails were still visible.     The rain forests of the PNR are very much like jungle.   Do nothing and it quickly fills in with vegetation.    It takes frequent use to keep a trail from overgrowing.   Something is using those trails frequently enough to keep them open.   WIthout being marked and known,  recreational hikers are not using them.     It would take an organized effort and a lot of people to figure out what is using all of those trails that can be seen from above.   I wonder if those un-mapped trails are the key to figuring out BF movement and migration.

Spent alot time in upper NW Idaho [Yellowstone] Bears, wolfs and Elk always use trails, why wouldn't BF... Hell a delivery systems for Food - Grubhub for BF's....

My Wife and I, have done a few BFRO expedition in Wisconsin... What struck me as strange is the randomness of their searches... Lets try hear, with a ton people... Making all kinds of noise. I know from my experience as a avid hiker and Camper that most animals will leave a area where there is a ton of Noise....  I didnt get the whole Idea behind that... I ask why dont we stake out some Game trails... 

" we need to find  where there is Activity" HUH... oh well...  we did get howls and a few footprints.... From them probably then running away from us... LOL

I think that we know or suspect they are in the area, and \or a good sighting report... We need to look at the trails around that area, get a idea of where they are moving to\from and search in that direction... good data would help with that... Not wondering around a area aimlessly.. But This is one mans Thoughts. 

trail cams dont work, the in-fared light omitted by them can be seen by animals.... with the millions of them out there. the amount of BF pictures we get  Proves that point.... 

 

There are alot of reports from the AP trail...... Now that i think of it....

 

Edited by Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

I pretty much agree with you Franco.  I zeroed in on my former research area from sighting reports.   You have to start with something.     I found a cluster of reports in an area not terribly far away then started hiking the trails until I started finding footprints.    That focused the area further and put me there when a three of them blundered into me.    If I had been whooping, knocking,  or making noise they would not have blundered into me because they would have known I was in the area.      I was however the only human within miles and was moving as quietly as possible.      Under those conditions, from  my experience, if they think there are not humans around, they move around in the daytime.   I don't think they like moving through the woods in the dark any more than we do, so only do it when humans are around and they are forced to do it to stay out of sight.

 

From my experience they avoid well used human trails.     Most of my footprint finds are them traveling a game trail and stepping across a human trail to continue on their way.  The footprints end up on the trail margins of the human trail.   .    I have even found well used game  trails, without any sign of deer or elk travel, paralleling human trails.   Unlike humans,   they do not seem to use the path of least resistance which would be the human trail, but always consider possible human presence when moving,    even when it is more difficult.     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Franco
BFF Donor
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

I pretty much agree with you Franco.  I zeroed in on my former research area from sighting reports.   You have to start with something.     I found a cluster of reports in an area not terribly far away then started hiking the trails until I started finding footprints.    That focused the area further and put me there when a three of them blundered into me.    If I had been whooping, knocking,  or making noise they would not have blundered into me because they would have known I was in the area.      I was however the only human within miles and was moving as quietly as possible.      Under those conditions, from  my experience, if they think there are not humans around, they move around in the daytime.   I don't think they like moving through the woods in the dark any more than we do, so only do it when humans are around and they are forced to do it to stay out of sight.

 

From my experience they avoid well used human trails.     Most of my footprint finds are them traveling a game trail and stepping across a human trail to continue on their way.  The footprints end up on the trail margins of the human trail.   .    I have even found well used game  trails, without any sign of deer or elk travel, paralleling human trails.   Unlike humans,   they do not seem to use the path of least resistance which would be the human trail, but always consider possible human presence when moving,    even when it is more difficult.     

That is very interesting..... My mother in law - Live in Bear Lake, CA in a cabin... It was her and just my wife [6 months old]... She tells me, she would hear strange sounds at night... Howls in the spring time.... [which peak my interest]. Once She heard something moving around outside her door, she thought a friend stopped by, she just put my wife down for a nap... Open her door - in broad daylight and there it was.. She says, about 10ft tall w/ reddish brown hair - he turned looked right at her.. ran into the tree line.  she is a short woman,  he could of took out the whole cabin. But she says he just looked and left. She moved shortly after. it freak her out. she lives in redding, ca... I tease her and tell she moved right back into the heart of BF land... LOL... the Point I am trying to make is quiet seems to get more response then slamming trough the woods. 3 of them hope you had a extra pair of drawers... Dont know what I would do if I saw 3 at once. Thanks for sharing that... very, very cool

"they do not seem to use the path of least resistance", at their size they would need to be ambush hunters... Stealth

Years ago I read book, about the American Indians, the one thing that has stuck with me was, " White men are easy to find, they make big fires" 

Kind of fits our case.....

 

your approach seems to the best I have heard.... After a time in your area- they maybe more likely to get use to you, seeing you and not beening threaten..

At some point you might fine -  that maybe they will be open to showing you more or letting you closer at some point. Worked for Fosssi

The are intelligent beast... and even dear if the see you enough let you get close or wont run from you after awhile...

Edited by Franco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SWWASAS

You are new and don't really know my story that well.    Like you I figured they would get used to me, trust me,   and hoped they would show themselves.  I had what I think was a juvenile throwing stuff at me, one left a glyph on a stump,  and things were sort of friendly but I think I got to be a pest for them because I was there several times a week.      When they did not voluntarily show themselves,  I tried to get one to break cover to see it and got growled at.    After that, things got unfriendly, the pranks stopped,  and I got hit with a dose of infrasound.    Shortly after that,  they moved out of the area which was being clear cut logged.   I do not know if it was the stress of having their area logged, or me disrupting their life,   but they let me know they were not happy with me. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BobbyO
SSR Team
On 4/25/2019 at 6:53 PM, SWWASAS said:

I don't think they like moving through the woods in the dark any more than we do,

 

 

 

That’s interesting and something I’ve never heard anyway say before SWWA.

 

Care to elaborate a little ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...