Anyone Know Of Any Celebrity Bigfoot Encounters?

On another note...Jonathan Hillstrand from the TimeBandit reported seeing a BF up in Gray's Harbor on the shoreline sometime last year. An area with a history of sightings.

Oooh, that's interesting! That means there is a chance that he has seen BOTH Bigfoot and Caddy! I wonder how many people can say that??

Guest JAGNJ

Yes, it lacked any details other than something he didn't recognize and couldn't identify being heard. No footprints mentioned, no glimpse of an 8-foot man-ape, no tossed pine cones, no obnoxious smell, nothing other than some sounds. It's just another unconvincing anecdote that some proponents are willing to attribute to bigfoot as the cause.

RayG

I'm not saying it was definitely a bigfoot or not. I wasn't there. However,I do maintain that Les Stroud is uniquely qualified to comment on wild life, especially the wildlife of Canada and associated regions, considering he started his career as a survival instructor there.

And yes he does live off the land. I didn't mean every single day though he does technically live "off the grid" so to speak. But he does sustain himself for periods of time off strictly what he finds in remote regions. And he teaches others to do so as well. His entire shtick is his knowledge of the outdoors.

Again I'm not sure what you expected to find in a thread about celebrities and bigfoot. Unless there's a story about Chuck Norris round housing a bigfoot into outerspace I'm not aware about, this is pretty much what you're gonna get.

You decry the Survivoman , yet Ted Nugent gets a pass? Baffling.

Guest Cervelo

Cervelo,

Bein' from Canada one has to become a wilderness expert, with the skills of legend, steppin' over the backs of buffalo, treadin' white water rapids with one arm sos not ta spill a drop a beer, no fear in goin' toe ta toe with the biggest griz mortal man has ever set eyes on, it is the Canadian way my friend... it is the Canadian way ! :thumbsup:

Pat...

ps; An toe ta toe with the griz...one handed as well...you know the reason eh !

I yield the river, trail and meadow to thee oh boss of the woods!! ;)

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

I would think that Les has enough outdoor experience to know his animal sounds. The interview clip was interesting. At least the sound Les tried to reproduce does sound primate like. There are some species of owls that sound primate like but then Les mentions something crashing thru brush too....I don't think owls are big enough to do that. So, IMO, the sound plus the mention of something crashing thru brush does seem kinda suspicious. Bigfoot? Who knows, but certainly suspect IMO. Unfortunately, not every encounter is gonna leave HD video and DNA. Chris B.

Guest JAGNJ

I guess you could technically mention the Playboy Bunny present during the redwoods footage, eh?

Guest RayG

I would think that Les has enough outdoor experience to know his animal sounds.

But is it possible he's mistaking the sound of an elk? The guy on that website link I provided in post #12 says that some elk sounds are "ape like in sound". He sells DVDs of elk sounds. Why would he include the comment "ape like in sound" if it weren't true? Is it possible he has more experience with elk sounds/noises than Stroud does?

RayG

But is it possible he's mistaking the sound of an elk? The guy on that website link I provided in post #12 says that some elk sounds are "ape like in sound". He sells DVDs of elk sounds. Why would he include the comment "ape like in sound" if it weren't true? Is it possible he has more experience with elk sounds/noises than Stroud does?

RayG

It most certainly could be an elk, in fact, if elk are known to make the sound that Stroud described, then it likely WAS an elk. The point is that it was a cool encounter of something that could perhaps have been a Bigfoot by a person who is a "celebrity", and their celebrity has been attained specifically because of their knowledge of nature, wildlife, and the outdoors.

Nobody is saying this proves anything. It's just a cool story.

How bout change the name of the discussion to "Celebrities who self-report they had an encounter with something that may or may not have been Bigfoot"? Then the self-appointed facts-only committee won't have to cut-and-paste their standard "can't be Bigfoot" response. I think all the OP was asking if is any celebrities had reported interactions. Not whether they were accurate in their interpretations.

Tim B.

How bout change the name of the discussion to "Celebrities who self-report they had an encounter with something that may or may not have been Bigfoot"? Then the self-appointed facts-only committee won't have to cut-and-paste their standard "can't be Bigfoot" response. I think all the OP was asking if is any celebrities had reported interactions. Not whether they were accurate in their interpretations.

Tim B.

Yes, exactly. While the skeptics have certainly made themselves known, I think it was reasonable for me to assume that there might be some believers on this forum. It's also okay for believers to have fun discussing Bigfoot without walking on eggshells worrying that the skeptics will not like the way they have worded something.

This is just a thread about celebrity encounters, not "celebrity Bigfoot encounters which prove Bigfoot is real".

What, we can't discuss these celebrity reports, we're only supposed to look at them?

RayG

Sure, we can discuss them. But if the only point you want to make is that none of them are actually Bigfoot, what more is there to discuss?

Ever been to dinner, been talking to people- everyone's telling stories or presenting theoretical ideas about things they are interested in. Sometimes there's one guy at the table, no matter what you say, it just couldn't have happened that way. No possible way according to him. Every time someone discusses anything, the "table skeptic" says, "Nope- couldn't happen." Eventually, the table gets quiet. Intentionally or not, the "self-appointed skeptic" has halted all conversation- because they know the things they are interested in will be talked down, shot down, drowned out or disparage in some apparent self-appointed truth crusade.

I like talking about things I'm interested in. I don't listen to stuff if I don't agree with or don't find interesting. I never go and seek out a conversation I don't value and invest my time in shooting down other's opinions or beliefs. I would never go to the "Factual fallacies in the existence of Bigfoot" board and try to convince them that they were wrong. To be honest, I don't get the motivation.

Tim B.

Guest ChrisBFRPKY

RayG

I listened to elk recordings here: http://www.elk-hunting-tips.net/elk-recordings.html

but I didn't hear anything similar to the sound Les reproduced. I think the Rufous legged owl is a much closer match than anything elk related.

Perhaps Les was the victim of two seperate animals, 1st the Strix Rufipes, then the movement of some larger animal thru the brush. I'm open minded but that means I'd also consider a Bigfoot encounter a possiblility.

Strix Rufipes Owl: Strixrufipes.mp3

Chris B.

It most certainly could be an elk, in fact, if elk are known to make the sound that Stroud described, then it likely WAS an elk. The point is that it was a cool encounter of something that could perhaps have been a Bigfoot by a person who is a "celebrity", and their celebrity has been attained specifically because of their knowledge of nature, wildlife, and the outdoors.

Nobody is saying this proves anything. It's just a cool story.

One thing to know about Les Stroud is that he is from Ontario, and the wildlife in Ontario is different then here in the West.

However for those people that are dismissing Les' skills out of hand, show that they do not know anything about Les.

He is an Advanced Survival trainer for the Canadian Armed Forces, and I believe (would have to double check) that he guided up in the Yukon for 15 years.

Given his credentials, and the time he has spent in the wild I doubt if he couldn't tell an elk call when he heard it.

Guest rockinkt

Les Stroud. This is the guy that on his TV show walked down a mountain slope in the pouring rain in a very mountainous area to a creek at the bottom of the valley. When he got to the creek - he set up his survival shelter on the gravel bank of the creek bed. I was completely stunned that anyone could be such a greenhorn to do something so stupid and have his own TV show. Sure enough - the water came up and flooded him out.

Yep - this guy is someone whose opinion I'm going to trust. :lol:

I'm not saying his knowledge about "survival training" is all wrong - I Just don't equate "survival training" to being knowledgeable about wildlife. It is a very specific niche.

If he had spent his whole life in the bush and been putting meat on the table from his early teens - then I would respect his opinion more about wildlife.

Wiki tells us he was a garbage man and musician until he took some survival courses when he was about 30 and then he got involved in storytelling and making movies and TV shows.

As far as the Nuge - he is first and foremost a great guitar player and fabulous entertainer. Been a fan since his Amboy Dukes days. :guitar:

Sorry - I just don't believe that a guy like him is going to find a dead squatch and leave without a trophy to show off.