Sasquatch Ontario A Hoax?

The Truth

Yep, Sasquatch Ontario (Mike Paterson) is a hoaxer.  At one time when him and the cottage owner Dwayne had a falling out, Dwayne admitted he was the voice of the alleged sasquatch Nephatia and made a recording to prove it, saying things like, "I am not real."

• Upvote 1

I once watched a video of Mike Patterson explaining his experiences and beliefs, and it was about an hour long, and I found Mike to be totally credible in that video.  But I remember two videos that Mike posted and one had a shot of supposed bigfoot prints on a small ladder, and I thought to myself that

those footprints were not footprints but instead a hoax, because of the type of hoarse frost snow on the ladder steps.  The other was of course the hand print of the sasquatch on his car, which was clearly fake.  Combine that with the fact that I haven't yet seen anyone else claiming to have marbles fall from the sky, or have the sasquatch talk to him regularly by name.  I haven't had any similar experiences, and his stated experiences and evidence, run contrary to what I have personally experienced.  I know that an unseen intelligence in the forest exists, but I can't corroborate Mike's experiences, and also think a couple of his experiences are fake.  I don't want to hurt Mike, or any "believer", but common sense and personal experience, tells me that some of it is a hoax.  And if some of it is a hoax, how can you trust the rest of it?

BFF Patron

I think some  start out with honest experiences and enjoy the attention they get.     Problem being that BF encounters are so rare that they can be years apart or never reoccur.    That does not lend itself to someone that thrives on publicity.     So embellishment leads incrementally to down right fabrication and hoaxing.     Once started down that path,  truth and honesty would mean total loss of credibility.    Sadly loss of credibility happens anyway at some point when friends tell or puppets get too obvious.   

• Upvote 2

@FelixTheCat @SWWASAS

I agree with what both of you say above. Steenburg refers to this as "Ivan Marx syndrome", as he was one of the first to follow that path of real encounter, related attention/fame, which fades away, followed with desperate attempts to regain the attention.

Paterson claiming that a bigfoot texted him doesn't help matters either. Especially considering that admittedly the text came from his buddy Dwayne who is the guy who confessed to hoaxing Paterson. Perhaps worse than that the text was a photo text of a guy wearing a mask. Paterson said that it must be a young bigfoot wearing a mask to keep its face warm. After someone pointed out that the photo was nothing more than a screen capture from a rock video Paterson changed his tune from saying it was a bigfoot to saying it was his bigfoot named Nephatia showing humor by sending the text. The guy is not stable. Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8o-YP2CK90

3 hours ago, FelixTheCat said:

I once watched a video of Mike Patterson explaining his experiences and beliefs, and it was about an hour long, and I found Mike to be totally credible in that video.  But I remember two videos that Mike posted and one had a shot of supposed bigfoot prints on a small ladder, and I thought to myself that

those footprints were not footprints but instead a hoax, because of the type of hoarse frost snow on the ladder steps.  The other was of course the hand print of the sasquatch on his car, which was clearly fake.  Combine that with the fact that I haven't yet seen anyone else claiming to have marbles fall from the sky, or have the sasquatch talk to him regularly by name.  I haven't had any similar experiences, and his stated experiences and evidence, run contrary to what I have personally experienced.  I know that an unseen intelligence in the forest exists, but I can't corroborate Mike's experiences, and also think a couple of his experiences are fake.  I don't want to hurt Mike, or any "believer", but common sense and personal experience, tells me that some of it is a hoax.  And if some of it is a hoax, how can you trust the rest of it?

Mike's seeming credibility is why people fall for him and his claims. Ted Bundy seemed credible too and well, you can fill in the blanks. Ivan Marx who was mentioned in this thread also seemed credible to many and he also was a sham. A person's seeming credibility cannot be factored in nowadays when assessing bigfoot evidence. There are just too many scammers and charlatans out there. With Mike plastering his youtube vids with ads and including a Paypal donation icon on his Facebook, youtube and website, it really calls into question what his true motivations are. His gofundme scam from a few years back was the icing on the cake. He was trying to raise $50,000 for "research". He raised $2000 and then flew to Cali to see Sonya Zohar and when he returned he apparently funded a studio session for his band. Dwayne the cottage owner dude said that Mike was unemployed and broke. Guess he used that $2000 for a different kind of research.  

I disagree that Mike Paterson's problem is he started out genuinely, but then when he didn't get more encounters made up stuff.  That might be reading too much into him.

Below is a screen capture of a video where Paterson said he left the camera outside and Nephatia took  picture of his eye.  Later, when Dwayne had a falling out with Mike, he posted this below under a pseudo name he used on facebook showing the eye was really from a fish on his cottage wall.  Once Dwayne outed him he took the video down and claimed he had the camera in a table inside the cottage and Nephatia magically put that image of the fish eye on it.  What is unbelievable to me is how anyone can believe this guy.   

sasont5.jpg?1521558723

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jayjeti said:

I disagree that Mike Paterson's problem is he started out genuinely, but then when he didn't get more encounters made up stuff.  That might be reading too much into him.

Below is a screen capture of a video where Paterson said he left the camera outside and Nephatia took  picture of his eye.  Later, when Dwayne had a falling out with Mike, he posted this below under a pseudo name he used on facebook showing the eye was really from a fish on his cottage wall.  Once Dwayne outed him he took the video down and claimed he had the camera in a table inside the cottage and Nephatia magically put that image of the fish eye on it.  What is unbelievable to me is how anyone can believe this guy.   

sasont5.jpg?1521558723

You are spot on jayjeti! Mike comes across as honest but the truth is much different. I'm of the mind that he really did believe that he was experiencing activity at the cottage in the beginning but he absolutely must know now that Dwayne has been hoaxing him. How could he not know? Dwayne confessed to hoaxing him and activity only ever occurs when Dwayne is with him. The thing is though Mike thinks he has activity anywhere and everywhere he goes. That's a sure sign of delusions. But there's something else going on with that man though. Perhaps this video sheds light on that. It's titled Once A Scammer. It seems like Mike has been involved with some scams in the past as well as some other illegal activities. Hopefully he can join in on this thread to defend himself. Here's the video. 

• 2 years later...
Admin

Heard this guy on CTC on Monday playing audio he recorded. I had not heard of him before, but was unimpressed with his audio. The guest host, Connie Willis, seemed extremely impressed. Going back through this thread, seems like he is sort of credibility challenged at best....

Not sure why CTC would give him a forum.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2023-05-14-show/

4 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Heard this guy on CTC on Monday playing audio he recorded. I had not heard of him before, but was unimpressed with his audio. The guest host, Connie Willis, seemed extremely impressed. Going back through this thread, seems like he is sort of credibility challenged at best....

Not sure why CTC would give him a forum.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/show/2023-05-14-show/

I heard that, too. Talking Sasquatch, hmm.

I found it hilarious, actually.

Willis is by far the worst of the CTC hosts. Noory has become barely tolerable, too.

Admin

I only listen when I have to go into work, which is a couple of days a week at this time. Yeah, it seems like most of the topics these days are mediums and other people talking to the dead, healers, and similar subjects. Not interested in those topics so I turn it to something else. I did not even listen much to Paterson, as his audio seemed fairly outlandish to me from the start. I was hopeful before I heard the first one, but it disappointed and the show went downhill (at least for me) from there. One of them was audio of a "singing" BF.   :lol:

Sierra Sounds, he is not...

I'm with Arvedis on the audio aspects. It's not just some simple signal processing.I've been through a two year program for studio engineers as well as having used signal processors since the early eighties, watching them evolve over the years. 

In some of those early videos where who/what was to later be known as Nephatia, is calling out with a wide array of complex sounds coming from within the forest at varying distances, some sounding quite anguished/hostile(just my impression) and with a very wide frequency range and tonal palette, it's clearly not just someone with a Mr. Microphone and a radio shack phase shifter. I gotta admit I might well be hard pressed to recreate those sounds, with their seeming lung volume, amplitude, and tonal diversity in real time. Sure, you could approximate the sounds to a degree, and I've heard "ameteurs"(non sound technician people)trying to demonstrate just how easy it was to make the noises, but to anyone with a "critical ear" or studio training , it's clear just how far off they really were from duplicating the sounds. Personally I'd be very interested in just what processors and their sequences were used to make these noises, at least the early ones, as those sounded pretty consistently organic to me. I've not heard much of the more recent recordings, if there are any,  so I can't really speak about those....