Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

The only thing is, the organization of which you speak, doesn't always follow a solid scientific viewpoint. IOW, they stretch out the reports just a tad. rolleyes.gif A really BIG tad.

Guest bumfish

The only thing is, the organization of which you speak, doesn't always follow a solid scientific viewpoint. IOW, they stretch out the reports just a tad. rolleyes.gif A really BIG tad.

Yeah I have noticed as the years have gone by that they have lost that viewpoint which I approved of! I am only just getting back into the scene, I was wondering if you could point me in the direction of any more scientific organisations which could top the BFRO, or have a scientific and straight forward view point? Cheers :)

Guest TooRisky

So now the rest of the World see's right through MM's plot to grow his ever expanding ego... I just wish the rest of the cast would just realize he is in this for himself and only himself... And just walk away...

Guest bumfish

So now the rest of the World see's right through MM's plot to grow his ever expanding ego... I just wish the rest of the cast would just realize he is in this for himself and only himself... And just walk away...

I don't like to be harsh to most people but I do sense and egotistical vibe from him, it just doesn't seem to be helping the Bigfoot case. I watched the second episode and within minutes they were on a hill in the dark making Bigfoot noises. Now I understand the principle behind it and I'm not saying its stupid but to an unknowing TV viewer it would look down right ridiculous. It didn't explain why those kinds of noises were being made, without referring to any recordings taken of alleged "Bigfoot" vocalisations e.g. the Sierra sound recordings! Its embarrassing to watch!

Edited in my personal effort to be more civil. sleep.gif

Bumfish, every group and individual has different methods of research. I actually see 'bigfoot research' as somewhat of a misnomer because we really aren't very successful at RESEARCHING them, namely because they won't allow it. Instead, observing them w/o all the pressure of a massive army and equipment can be much more productive. Just be yourself in the woods, that is something they are less put off by. I am largely independent in my activities as well as are many others here. But I do like to analyze some of the video claims that come out of bfro too because they are completely blown out of proportion from reality and milked as much as they can.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll get a few recommendations here on diff groups. You'll need to assess whether their techniques fit your own views just as much as you fitting theirs.

Edited by PragmaticTheorist

Guest bumfish

Here's an image for ya TooRisky, his forum followers are circled around a giant MM baloonhead working the bicycle pumps. tongue.gif

Bumfish, every group and individual has different methods of research. I actually see 'bigfoot research' as somewhat of a misnomer because we really aren't very successful at RESEARCHING them, namely because they won't allow it. Instead, observing them w/o all the pressure of a massive army and equipment can be much more productive. Just be yourself in the woods, that is something they are less put off by. I am largely independent in my activities as well as are many others here. But I do like to analyze some of the video claims that come out of bfro too because they are completely blown out of proportion from reality and milked as much as they can.

Regardless, I'm sure you'll get a few recommendations here on diff groups. You'll need to assess whether their techniques fit your own views just as much as you fitting theirs.

Thanks for the insight PT! I agree with what you're stating, I too am more independent in any kind of nature observation or studies I conduct. I find that being on your own or in a smaller group clearly makes you more discreet! My best nature experiences have been on my own, in the woods minding my own business or tracking alone! I don't discredit all of what the BFRO do just the direction they are heading! I still think that the main aim of research should be WHAT is making footprints, breaking trees, making obscure noises etc etc, not proving which regions or areas Bigfoot is present. I believe in Bigfoot but from a skeptical point of view the emphasis on research needs to still be fixed on discrediting signs and investigating true leads! Thanks for your input though, it puts it into prospective for me :)

Bumfish,PT and 2R,

I'm normally one to sit and happily read these forums for hours and hours without responding but you've really hit the nail on the head with your observation and respective responses. I was cautiously excited when the show began airing but after watching only a few episodes I feel that although it may intrigue some newcomers to search further into the BF topic, I myself feel that the show will most likely lesson credibility of the whole situation. I feel cheated that the investigators are given the resources and funding provided by Animal Planet, and yet the programs end up looking like episodes from Scooby Doo. Disappointed in Animal Plant too as they've given us such wonderful nature series in the past and that they settle for making this into a MM reality series. Sorry to say that I change the channel now.

Guest bumfish

Bumfish,PT and 2R,

I'm normally one to sit and happily read these forums for hours and hours without responding but you've really hit the nail on the head with your observation and respective responses. I was cautiously excited when the show began airing but after watching only a few episodes I feel that although it may intrigue some newcomers to search further into the BF topic, I myself feel that the show will most likely lesson credibility of the whole situation. I feel cheated that the investigators are given the resources and funding provided by Animal Planet, and yet the programs end up looking like episodes from Scooby Doo. Disappointed in Animal Plant too as they've given us such wonderful nature series in the past and that they settle for making this into a MM reality series. Sorry to say that I change the channel now.

Hello YN! The more and more that people comment about this the safer I feel in my thoughts! Like you and the rest of us I was excited when I came across a recent Bigfoot documentary, let alone a series! The fact that a reputable organisation, (in my eyes) has almost ridiculed themselves is unnerving! I'm sure we all understand what they are doing on the show but once again like I've said, to the mass public its outrageous and more over humerous! Documentaries such as Sasquatch "legend meets science" are the kind of show which do get people thinking and increase awareness, shows which the BFRO have had a good input in. Just seems out of place to me!

I moved another *Finding Bigfoot* thread initiated by new member bumfish here to Media and subsequently merged it with the existing thread.

Normally, I will leave a link to the new destination of a thread simply moved to another area within it's former location.

That doesn't work if the moved thread then has to be merged with an existing one as the link that was left would not go to the merged thread.

Hope that makes sense. :unsure:

Guest wudewasa

Yes Wude, except bumfish is from England. happy.gif

I'm confused, what does this have to do with him posting on BFF?

Subtle humor inferring that bumfish' country of origin was enough to start a new thread about the problems with bfro. You especially should have come to appreciate that. wink.gif

But if a joke needs to be explained, I must have failed. sad.gif