Animal Planet Bigfoot Series 6 Episodes on American BF Sightings

Guest ajciani

Do you really believe he caught a deer, then broke its leg, then drug it in under everyones nose? If he did that's more impressive than Sasquatch doing it. He's on the Sas side I wouldn't loose respect just because he's looking extra hard for the show. Why is everyone so down on MM? Jealousy here really shows who wouldn't like to be in his shoes. Getting paid for what we do for free? Doing it in the best places in the world? With everything needed including choppers and all the equipment? Man O man we can only dream of it.

Last I checked, Moneymaker was not a forensics expert...How he or anyone else can make a claim on the spot that this was definitely a "Squatch" kill is just plain ridiculous.. Also, this is Reality TV.. Who is to say that couldn't have placed a deer that had been recently hit by a car or something, and with clever editing, simply make it look like the "group" stumbled upon it..

Guest billgreen2010

im watching finding bigfoot alaska bigfoot island its great so far im definetly watching it again at 11pm A+++++ 1/2 keep on squatching :)

Guest Forbig

Excellent grand finale but Ranae was too skeptical on the prints. No way does a deer or elk step in every footprint of a bear. They might walk down the same trail but never will they step in each and every footprint. Poor Matt must of got in deep did you see the gash in his head?

Guest wudewasa

Watched a few minutes of the beginning and decided to back up files instead.

The pattern of this series is old. The team looks at purported footage. Then, they reenact the event, using Bobo as a stand in for the possible bigfoot. Bobo matches to figure in the footage every time. Then, the redundancy gets worse.

1) The group goes to an area.

2) They hold a town meeting to collect stories about bigfoot encounters.

3) The stories that interest them most, are investigated.

4) The team splits up (just like the characters in Scooby Doo).

5) An over the top plan is executed (a gaggle of people to look for evidence, the caged bun bun or the robo goose and canoe blind). Reminds me of the "A Team."

6) The team hears something, or finds and deer kill or a footprint.

7) Matt utters his catch phrase "We have a squatch in these woods," or something to that effect. Again, it is predictable as the villain on Scooby Doo saying "And I would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids!"

The sensationalism and shallow spin of this show reminds me of Michael Moore's documentaries: one sided, bombastic, crusading fluff designed for people who do not think critically.

Heck, Moore and Moneymaker have the same initials (MM) and even share a mild resemblance to one another.

post-1029-018150700 1310357212_thumb.jpg

post-1029-026938100 1310357241_thumb.jpg

Edited by wudewasa

Guest COGrizzly

Last I checked, Moneymaker was not a forensics expert...How he or anyone else can make a claim on the spot that this was definitely a "Squatch" kill is just plain ridiculous.. Also, this is Reality TV.. Who is to say that couldn't have placed a deer that had been recently hit by a car or something, and with clever editing, simply make it look like the "group" stumbled upon it..

An "eldonkey" sighting.

I should start my own forum.

Guest bumfish

I watched another episode of Finding Bigfoot last night. Not to bring it up again but I want to analyse the episode I saw like wudewasa has! I watched one of the recent ones within Washington State. There are a few things that I just don't understand! Has anyone read the post about the "little green men" theory wrote by Matt M on the BFRO website. He writes about WHY a Sasquatch wouldn't get into contact with man yet on Finding Bigfoot he and his team go against everything he writes. Being dropped into an area by chopper at night because "you saw tracks which look larger than deers" from hundreds of feet in the air is outrageous! Then strolling into the woods at night, making Sasquatch noises. Its illogical and down right strange. Obviously its done for the benefit of a TV audience. Then splitting up like "scooby doo members" like wudewasa said is also weird, I know they cover more ground but hey they blunder about and scare anything away over a larger area. They are loud, obnoxious and would frighten away any animal within a 2 mile radius! The general public will now think Bigfoot researches crop up, make ridiculous noises and get hypersensitive like people on Most Haunted etc. Not to be funny as well, but a lot of the "whistle" noises they hear are clearly woodland birds. I couldn't name the birds but they sound identical to those I hear in the woods at night in the UK. Foxes can howl for crying out loud, most deer can make horrendous grunting calls. This is the only evidence they seem to clock up on Finding Bigfoot and its nowhere near convincing. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Guest Forbig

This is the only evidence they seem to clock up on Finding Bigfoot and its nowhere near convincing. Embarrassing if you ask me.

They experiment with different methods and go with what has worked for them and other researchers in the past. I don't see where any of the evidence they find is any different than any of the evidence that has ever been found since people have been looking and listening for Bigfoot. This might be all anyone ever finds of the Legend because I believe just about everything has been tried by now.

Guest bumfish

They experiment with different methods and go with what has worked for them and other researchers in the past. I don't see where any of the evidence they find is any different than any of the evidence that has ever been found since people have been looking and listening for Bigfoot. This might be all anyone ever finds of the Legend because I believe just about everything has been tried by now.

I understand the theory behind this method and I'm not saying that the sounds they hear back aren't Sasquatch, but I don't think the sounds are analysed in correlation to other wildlife in the area. Researchers can speculate to what different vocalisations could mean but at the same time they can't prove what they mean. For example, when they imitate "Sasquatch" noises they could be saying something like "This is my territory, go away". If a group of alleged Sasquatch are together or know of each others whereabouts they will be like "Who is that? There's no other families around here, lets get out of here" therefore increasing caution. On the other hand they could be communicating with Sasquatch, or another woodland creature e.g. a coyote, owl etc. In terms of research I think the only way to gather sufficient evidence is for a small team of accomplished outdoors men to go into the depths of the wild, (in suspected Bigfoot territory) and try gather tracks etc, not on the fringes of civilisation. I don't think being dropped into a wild area by helicopter is plausible either, a human can hear a chopper coming in the wild miles off, what would a Sasquatch think? I also think a TV series of an in depth expedition into the wild would be far better viewing!

Guest tracker

Excellent grand finale but Ranae was too skeptical on the prints. No way does a deer or elk step in every footprint of a bear. They might walk down the same trail but never will they step in each and every footprint. Poor Matt must of got in deep did you see the gash in his head?

So the pain is finally over then? dry.gif

Now that season one is over, I would like to interject a few points about this show. I really don't wish to attack MM, Bobo, Cliff, or Ranae or even their methods of investigating for this TV show. These four are probably not in the editing process and there's much more footage being shot than what we see. I got pretty much what I expected out of this show, I'm not going to overly berate the foursome on their methods and tactics, it's the way in which they happen to do it. We can stand around and critique the show all day about flaws and 'that was stupid' remarks but honestly, this is a show for entertainment. AP's LOST TAPES catches just as much if not more flack for it's hokiness but it's a fictional show. As for FB, for all the complaining we are doing, I'm willing to bet over half of us will buy the DVD when it becomes available and hope, openly or secretly, that there is a season 2.

Honestly, I think we would find problems with whomever might have been the cast. There seems to be a decent respect for Richard Null, Autumn Williams, Meldrum, and others, but I think we would be almost as critical in a regular series featuring them. The show is never going to give us THE convincing evidence, that's not the purpose of the show. It's about the investigators and sample evidence. I harken it along the lines of FACT OR FAKED with a distinct topic of only looking at sasquatch material. Unfortunately, to MM everything is proof that there's a sasquatch in the area. My biggest problem was them making statements along the lines of "it's fact bigfoots do this and this and this", it's not fact it's theory until they are actually "proven to exist".

Overall, I got what I expected from the show. Despite some complaining, it wasn't a horrible show and I do find myself rewatching it when it's on and I will buy the dvd. There were ludicrous points and statements but we would get that with anyone as the cast. It did help me in deciding whether certain evidence was real or not. Specifically the Greene Thermal from North Carolina, I went from 60% acceptable to now 98% faked based on the recreation with Bobo. Also the Silver Star Peak photos, not buying them, I feel it's misidentification, just a guy in cold weather gear. I'm still interested in dash-cam film from the police cruiser. I do want another season, just time to rethink MM's role in it. I still foresee future episodes about Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, Texas, British Columbia, more in OR and WA, and of course Northern California. Speaking of which, did you notice that Patterson and the PG Film were never mentioned in this season - kudos to them for doing something not revolved around it or talking about it all the time (although I think it has more to do with paying for rights to use the PG film).

So, let's look at it as an entertainment show and not a scientific research show or fact finding mission. It's a show about bigfoot investigators that brings more light to our topic of interest. Some view it as negative light, others don't, either way, you watched it didn't you.

Guest wudewasa

So the pain is finally over then? dry.gif

No, the "After the Squatch" segment will air next week. Then the obligatory lull before the season 2 hijinks ensues. I believe that I'm done wasting my time with this show. It's like Carlos Mencia: after a while, his "Dee Dee Dee" jokes get old.

im watching finding bigfoot alaska bigfoot island its great so far im definetly watching it again at 11pm A+++++ 1/2 keep on squatching :)

I had a problem with the 12 year old kid. He drove up their to hunt in his four wheeler. I think he was talking about an atv. Not sure. Last time I checked you need learners permit/license to drive around 14 to 16 depending on the state? There was no mentioning of his parents going out to check his story? If I let my kid out their,(Which I would not of let a 12 year old go out by himself) and he came back with a story like he said, I be out their checking along with my buddies. They did not looked into that side of the kids story, or at least it was not showned by AP. I think the kid was looking for attention and he got it. I could be wrong, but i just had a hard time about his story.

Guest Forbig

I had a problem with the 12 year old kid. He drove up their to hunt in his four wheeler. I think he was talking about an atv. Not sure. Last time I checked you need learners permit/license to drive around 14 to 16 depending on the state? There was no mentioning of his parents going out to check his story? If I let my kid out their,(Which I would not of let a 12 year old go out by himself) and he came back with a story like he said, I be out their checking along with my buddies. They did not looked into that side of the kids story, or at least it was not showned by AP. I think the kid was looking for attention and he got it. I could be wrong, but i just had a hard time about his story.

It's Alaska they throw their kids out in the snow when their babys to get them use to the cold. I believe the kid because Ranae did and she is pretty skeptical.

BTW does anyone else think she's kind of hot?

SSR Team

I watched another episode of Finding Bigfoot last night. Not to bring it up again but I want to analyse the episode I saw like wudewasa has! I watched one of the recent ones within Washington State. There are a few things that I just don't understand! Has anyone read the post about the "little green men" theory wrote by Matt M on the BFRO website. He writes about WHY a Sasquatch wouldn't get into contact with man yet on Finding Bigfoot he and his team go against everything he writes. Being dropped into an area by chopper at night because "you saw tracks which look larger than deers" from hundreds of feet in the air is outrageous! Then strolling into the woods at night, making Sasquatch noises. Its illogical and down right strange. Obviously its done for the benefit of a TV audience. Then splitting up like "scooby doo members" like wudewasa said is also weird, I know they cover more ground but hey they blunder about and scare anything away over a larger area. They are loud, obnoxious and would frighten away any animal within a 2 mile radius! The general public will now think Bigfoot researches crop up, make ridiculous noises and get hypersensitive like people on Most Haunted etc. Not to be funny as well, but a lot of the "whistle" noises they hear are clearly woodland birds. I couldn't name the birds but they sound identical to those I hear in the woods at night in the UK. Foxes can howl for crying out loud, most deer can make horrendous grunting calls. This is the only evidence they seem to clock up on Finding Bigfoot and its nowhere near convincing. Embarrassing if you ask me.

Greetings fellow English Person..

All the Series was, was exposure for both the BFRO & the Subject, that's it..

& if you don't think otherwise about any of it at all, then you'll be ok.. ;)