Implications of Hybridization - v1.1

Huntster

3 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I have to respectfully disagree Zana was of our genus (Homo) and even of the species Homo Sapiens, but as I explained above, WE are a sub-species of Homo Sapiens. Being fully Human doesn't mean our species in the same way that Neanderthal or Denisovan is of our species.........

Neanderthals and Denisovans were not homo sapiens. 

Kingdom:Animalia

Phylum:Chordata

Class:Mammalia

Order:Primates

Suborder:Haplorhini

Infraorder:Simiiformes

Family:Hominidae

Subfamily:Homininae

Tribe:Hominini

Genus:Homo

Species: Homo neanderthalensis

......It is debated whether Denisovans represent a distinct species of Homo or are an archaic subspecies of H. sapiens. DNA analyses showing Denisovans as a sister taxon of Neanderthals also concerns the classification of the latter as H. neanderthalensis or H. s. neanderthalensis. Proposed species names for Denisovans are H. denisova[1] or H. altaiensis.[2]........

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denisovan

25 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Actually, it was government money given to Cornell University to do the study, so that booze and those hookers were acquired like all government contractors get them, and it's good that they used the money wisely, because there's no woodpecker to be found.

In either case, over 20 million was spent: https://www.birdwatchingdaily.com/news/conservation/the-ivory-bill-after-a-decade-20-3-million-spent-total-cost-unknown/

Wow. And that was WITHOUT a whole pile of Woodpecker footprint casts taken from all over North America, not just in East TX or LA. Not even a 1967 stabilized video showing an Ivory-billed Woodpecker doing a look-back ;)

A lot of money for a bird. Wonder how big the purse would be to search for the Sasquatch. Quite a bit more I would guess, but still CERTAINLY a lot less than the cost of keeping its existence quiet? Care to guess how much I spent on sampling supplies for possible Sasquatch footprint DNA collection? Less that $50. Nearly all universities with a biology, microbiology, or zoology course have a lab with a sequencer........so where's the $45 million in funding for Sasquatch research??!

Dr. Sykes visited that forensics lab in Oregon. Do you think the personnel there found him and his Yeti research credible? He got funding for HIS study after all. It just tells me that something is up here. If that's the case then, like I said waaaay back, discovery, or attempted discovery, with the goal of public disclosure, could be highly risky. But it's worth it because this incredible creature is out there. And with that, I'll go with one thought, proof of this creature's existence means saving it along with its habitat- ESPECIALLY its habitat. And the strength to stay that course comes from eyeing a long range picture focused far into the future, and not simply a personal short range picture of the present. 

59 minutes ago, Solvedit said:

One video does not prove that's where most bigfoots are.  It could be an unusual exception, such as if someone had brought an ivory-billed woodpecker to the arctic or the tropics as an exotic pet and it had gotten out and been discovered there. 

If the creature roams the wilds of North America, where do you propose one might most likely obtain video evidence?

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Solvedit said:

One video does not prove that's where most bigfoots are

AHA! So THAT'S the barometer you base your "theory" on. That Patty was the only Bigfoot in the woods and all the rest were at a Giants game in NY? No, wait, that's not it.....Okay, I got it.....they were ALL on Skid Row waiting for a free hat with their bowl of soup, none of which were in Maine in 1977 screaming from the woods at the edge of a field at a man running a skidder while it threw rocks at him big enough to dent the skidder's metal top.

10 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

If the creature roams the wilds of North America, where do you propose one might most likely obtain video evidence?

That is actually a very good question. The thing is, even if Patty WAS the only BF in the woods that day, her body ratios (should she had been only 6' tall) play out to where her shoulders were nearly 30" across. Big girl in anyone's book! She definitely did not give me the impression that she had been living in a dumpster in Eureka. More like she could shove one down a forest road in the Six River NF for about fifty yards without breaking a sweat.

You can buy the dead body of an Ivory Billed Woodpecker. There's a load of them taxidermied. You can sample it's DNA. There are preserved eggs out there too.

Hell, I bet you could clone one from samples on file.

We really can't use them as an analogy to bigfoot.

"If the creature roams the wilds of North America, where do you propose one might most likely obtain video evidence?"

Crickets.

2 minutes ago, Solvedit said:

I am not sure why you are asking me that.  Please explain.  I think you are on your own page.

"One video does not prove that's where most bigfoots are.  It could be an unusual exception, such as if someone had brought an ivory-billed woodpecker to the arctic or the tropics as an exotic pet and it had gotten out and been discovered there."

11 hours ago, Doodler said:

You can buy the dead body of an Ivory Billed Woodpecker. There's a load of them taxidermied. You can sample it's DNA. There are preserved eggs out there too.

Hell, I bet you could clone one from samples on file.

We really can't use them as an analogy to bigfoot.

Try to understand,please. 10's of millions were spent because of a blurry photo. The analogy to Bigfoot is that there is way more evidence of its existence than ONE blurry photo of a bird that, though did once exist, was thought to be, and is STILL thought to be extinct. There ARE examples of extinct large primates in the fossil record and some of those primates are still alive today. And yet, even with decades of evidence, including blurry photos, where are the 10's of millions being spent on a creature that is categorized as merely "unrecognized?" If a biologist says they aren't sure it doesn't exist I see that as no better, or worse, than saying they're not sure the Ivory-billed Woodpecker doesn't exist and so went out and spent an unbelievable amount of money on it to settle the issue.

13 hours ago, Solvedit said:

Maybe she was quietly used for labor on some farm to give her something to do and pay for her food.  

You will say anything at this point to shore up your argument, but that one takes the cake, as in almost trolling-take-the-cake. It tells me you've effectively lost your argument.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Doodler said:

You can buy the dead body of an Ivory Billed Woodpecker. There's a load of them taxidermied........

Yeah, here's a taxidermied specimen of a North Pacific Fur Fish on display at the museum at Valdez, Alaska. Too bad the guvmint didn't throw $50 million at a search for these before they went extinct. A whole bunch of fishermen would have appreciated the booze and hookers.........

926F1DD6-9271-4B62-B6BB-F9E634DBA4AD.jpeg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, here's a taxidermied specimen of a North Pacific Fur Fish on display at the museum at Valdez, Alaska. Too bad the guvmint didn't throw $50 million at a search for these before they went extinct. A whole bunch of fishermen would have appreciated the booze and hookers.........

926F1DD6-9271-4B62-B6BB-F9E634DBA4AD.jpeg

The point is, if someone had a blurry photo of one after the supposed extinction occurred, then millions WOULD have been spent to find it. A a scenario for comparison, if the current state of Sasquatch evidence, such as howl audios, tree knock audios, footprints and their casts, sightings reports, and other phenomenon associated with the creature were to all disappear for several years? And none of those types of evidence were were seen or collected by researchers for a decade or more? ANYWHERE in North America? The funding would still not happen to look into the possibility that this creature, that once had left this kind of evidence, may now be extinct. And if those examples of evidence I gave above started to recur, there would STILL be no funding to go look for it.

That's why solid physical evidence needs to be found NOW, before extinction, and there are scant ways in which to do that. The surest way to that end is through a DNA program that looks for novel primate DNA. So many researchers and PhD's have passed away without knowing the truth because they didn't have that one option at their disposal in their lifetimes. We have it now, though, there is still a pretty healthy resistance to do what it would take to initiate or follow through with the process. Still in all, there are those few that are trying, like the Olympic Project and a small handful of others.

Edited by hiflier