Implications of Hybridization - v1.1

Huntster

4 hours ago, Solvedit said:

The article didn't exactly prove there had been interbreeding.  It didn't say why they assumed a complete set of human genes traveled out of Africa.

Suppose some bloodlines of the human race just never left Africa.

There was some article or other in the past year which stated Eurasians are much more  prone to birth defects and genetic defects.  It may be because there was genetic narrowness in the early populations to leave Africa. 

We now know that modern humans interbreed with Denisovans and Neanderthals outside of Africa.

So what else were they interbreeding with?

I think the better question would what did we interbreed with that produced viable offspring to sufficient numbers that would show up in modern humans DNA?

Im not positive but fairly certain any interbreeding with Homo Erectus would have resulted in either still borns or sterile offspring. A dead end. 

How much of this really matters one way or another? Answer? None of it. Just toss it on the pile along with the hundreds other distracting discussions inflicted upon this Forum. I don't think in the last eight years have I ever seen this place become so utterly boring. And it's been this way for some time now. It's safe enough for everyone I guess but where's the excitement in that? Answer? There is none. The place has gone soft. And it's being intentionally kept that way. But that's okay, nice and safe, right? But what about all the members who are passionate about Bigfoot discovery? Don't worry about them- they're all gone.

• Downvote 2

Where did you come from and who said you were? Don't get me wrong, Inc1, it's not like you were unexpected or anything like that ;) In truth, it would have been more unexpected if you didn't show. Where's the posse?

Are you on yours? It's not my fault really. In keeping with this....um....supposedly fascinating thread, I am a victim of my recessive hybrid genes. Every now and then they rear up and make me irritable and uncivilized and I never know when I'm gonna get hijacked by 'em. Doesn't seem to matter if anyone's on my lawn or not. Yep, recessive hybrid genes gots ahold o' me...big time. I come here just so's I don't end up in the cooler. It's very therapeutic.

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Solvedit said:

......They simply found dna in some modern humans which is not present in human populations in the rest of the world......

That suggests that it may be dna from some extinct hominid, but it could be simply a strain of the human race that never left the area, based on what little the article told us. 

I believe that I have read that there are at least four mystery markers out there.

Admin
2 hours ago, hiflier said:

But what about all the members who are passionate about Bigfoot discovery?

We've missed you hiflier, glad you're back.

But you see, that's just it, Huntster, at least four mystery markers and it doesn't move the BigfootForum's needle one bit. Doesn't anyone care about that? Because if they do then getting the BFF needle moving should be the priority. Sleepy articles, YouTube videos, and new cool gear items ain't gonna do it. My recessive hybrid genes ain't gonna do it either. But here's the kicker, we ALL know what will.

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, gigantor said:

We've missed you hiflier, glad you're back.

Thank you, g, I do miss the place :) Gotta few things been eating at me for a while and thought I'd stop in, hope you don't mind. Besides, in in between my midnight chess games right now. Not doing well and thought I'd log in and take it out on the Forum. My recessive hybrid self does help with that ;)

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

Admin
2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

we ALL know what will.

I didn't, what? what?

18 minutes ago, gigantor said:

I didn't, what? what?

I'm be preaching to the choir to say so, Mr. Director, but I'll risk it, solid physical proof. IMH recessive hybrid opinion, THAT'S what will move the needle of this Forum and I 100% think that's what this Forum should be about, and talking about. It's my opinion but this Forum is strongest when it focuses on Sasquatch discovery, not the next great sleeping bag. I'm being harsh here but I initially signed up here to discover the creature and find ways to do that and have not given up on that. But it's MORE than that. Sasquatch discovery, and even the road to it, does come at a price few are willing to pay. Mainly because the implications of that discovery are rather serious, and I'm putting that lightly. There's more of course.....How thick is the skin around here anyway? I mean this could end up being like The Howling where Jack Nicholson says "Let me give you a piece of my mind" as he pulls the bullet out of his forehead :)

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I'm be preaching to the choir to say so, Mr. Director, but I'll risk it, solid physical proof. IMH recessive hybrid opinion, THAT'S what will move the needle of this Forum and I 100% think that's what this Forum should be about, and talking about. It's my opinion but this Forum is strongest when it focuses on Sasquatch discovery, not the next great sleeping bag. I'm being harsh here but I initially signed up here to discover the creature and find ways to do that and have not given up on that. But it's MORE than that. Sasquatch discovery, and even the road to it, does come at a price few are willing to pay. Mainly because the implications of that discovery are rather serious, and I'm putting that lightly. There's more of course.....How thick is the skin around here anyway? I mean this could end up being like The Howling where Jack Nicholson says "Let me give you a piece of my mind" as he pulls the bullet out of his forehead :)

Its rather ironic that a chairsquatcher such as yourself takes a dim view of camping gear reviews that is used by boots on the ground researchers to hit the woods safely to facilitate discovery!

It must be horrible for you reading enjoyment…. Sad days!🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, norseman said:

Its rather ironic that a chairsquatcher such as yourself

Take it back, Norseman! Just where do you get off? Don't you think I am a rare poster these days because of the treatment I get from Steering Committee members like you and a certain Mod? And you have the nerve to NOT change your MO one bit. Attack the member, is that all you have to show me? Try something different for a change. You have no idea what I've been up to nor a clue to the preparations I've made NOR the connections I've managed to accomplish, who I've talked to, or anything else. And your attitude will assure you that you never will. Here, "Let me give you a piece of my mind." ;)

Edited by hiflier
  • Downvote 2