Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?

RedHawk454

SSR Team

Fair enough Norse, but you have more faith in people than I have.

39 minutes ago, BobbyO said:

Fair enough Norse, but you have more faith in people than I have.

Im not sure about that. If it was easy for Bubba and crew to wipe these things out? They would have already done so. Classification or no.

Its the government that has all of the drones and FLIR and toys to do the job right. Versus a hunting rifle and a spot light. 

But it’s all conjecture 

• 1 month later...

The theory that any government branch in any country is involved in tracking BF just doesn't hold up. There may be investigations but they lose cohesion without any solid leads, same as private research. BF is so far down the list of gov interests that it does not exist. There's no freezer.

14 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

The theory that any government branch in any country is involved in tracking BF just doesn't hold up. There may be investigations but they lose cohesion without any solid leads, same as private research. BF is so far down the list of gov interests that it does not exist. There's no freezer.

The government spent $1,000,000 studying romance novels.  

There is nothing that the federal government is not interested in and will not spend money on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

The government spent $1,000,000 studying romance novels.  

There is nothing that the federal government is not interested in and will not spend money on.

I don't dispute government waste. But... there is a big difference between a report (which gov agencies are famous for producing) and an intensified effort that takes people into the field to track, capture, and potentially kill bigfoots. It's just not feasible. Military assets are highly valued for missions with some benefit. Can anyone identify what the benefit to Bigfoot study would be? Is the gov so interested in paleo science?

edit: I know this same subject has come up a few times. But really, take a step back from the BF universe and pretend you are a military person of some rank. How do you think that person would respond to a covert mission order to hunt BF? 

Edited by Arvedis

When we say the government knows about bigfoot, which part of the government are we speaking of? To the government, bigfoot is an enigma. The creature remains so illusive and nearly impossible to find it seems nonexistant. Bigfoots get sloppy rarely. It has been shot and killed but was never brought into the right authorities. This information comes from old newspaper clippings that that I can no longer find. My belief is large portions of forest in Oregon and elsewhere have been set aside for the creature.

1 hour ago, Arvedis said:

I don't dispute government waste. But... there is a big difference between a report (which gov agencies are famous for producing) and an intensified effort that takes people into the field to track, capture, and potentially kill bigfoots. It's just not feasible. Military assets are highly valued for missions with some benefit. Can anyone identify what the benefit to Bigfoot study would be? Is the gov so interested in paleo science?

edit: I know this same subject has come up a few times. But really, take a step back from the BF universe and pretend you are a military person of some rank. How do you think that person would respond to a covert mission order to hunt BF? 

Person of rank? O-2 and above? They would carry out the order.

Do you think that they wouldn't?

Btw, I don't think that there is an active, ongoing campaign to wipe out every last Sasquatch.  But, I wouldn't be surprised if such missions have not happened before.  

2 hours ago, Arvedis said:

......take a step back from the BF universe and pretend you are a military person of some rank. How do you think that person would respond to a covert mission order to hunt BF? 

Like they do with all their other wacky orders; they mutter to themselves, carry out their orders, and keep their mouths shut (or whisper in ways that can't be traced back to them..........)

14 hours ago, Arvedis said:

. Can anyone identify what the benefit to Bigfoot study would be? Is the gov so interested in paleo science?

One will not know if there are any benefit to the study until it is done. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, georgerm said:

My belief is large portions of forest in Oregon and elsewhere have been set aside for the creature.

Set aside in what way?   

MIB

10 hours ago, JosephDurham said:

One will not know if there are any benefit to the study until it is done. 

There has been plenty of study on BF and Paleo science. Lots of books, most not really very good or gets outdated quick since Paleo science can change with new finds. Most is speculative and erroneous like Bayanov who has devoted his life to subject. Meldrum has spoken at length on this very topic as have several others. If we are waiting on a source sample or fossil then the gov is at the same point as private research and does not have special tech, special means or the will to use such means on a speculative subject that has no returns. I keep hearing how the gov would be very interested in a dead bf. I'm still not seeing to what end they would care. Step 1 if anyone in the gov is willing to say the word bf with such risk of career plunge or being laughed at.

On 4/24/2020 at 6:13 PM, Huntster said:

Wilderness designation?

I do not think georgerm is so naive as to think THAT.    There are people all through Oregon's federal wilderness areas, not in large numbers, but they are present at various times of year and their sign, though often faint, is there to be seen by anyone with eyes and experience.   Hunters.  Fishermen.   Off-trail backpackers.   Photographers.   Geez, that almost describes ... me.    Yeah, it does, 'cause that's what I do, that's where I do it, and I see people .. not lots, but now and then .. doing the same things.   Wilderness does not eliminate humans, it merely eliminates motors.    If a place was truly set aside for sasquatch it would have to be done in a way that completely eliminates public entry.   The only publicly owned land that I can think of which is off-limits to the public in Oregon is the Boardman bombing range and a couple of municipal watersheds.    Those still have plenty of people in them, just not "mom 'n' pop out walking the dog".  

.. so I am really curious what georgerm was thinking when he typed that.

MIB

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MIB said:

....... Wilderness does not eliminate humans, it merely eliminates motors..........

That's a rather incomplete list of things a wilderness designation bans, but it still serves to illustrate how "set aside" it truly is. Yes, transportation is pretty much limited to ones feet, and perhaps horses. That in itself limits just about everything else.

.........If a place was truly set aside for sasquatch it would have to be done in a way that completely eliminates public entry.......

Why? 

10 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Why? 

I would assume that the reason that land was "set aside" for them would be to shelter or protect them from mankind and allow them a protected area in which to prosper.  

It would be hard to protect them from man if man was running around in close proximity.

If it is to keep them a secret and eliminate chance encounters with humans, then you would need a place that prevented human presence.

Of course, as soon as someone puts up a fence and says "STAY OUT OF THOSE WOODS" it pretty much guarantees that someone is going to jump that fence to see what is on the other side.