Is the US government actively trying to make the Sasquatch race extinct?

RedHawk454

8 hours ago, Huntster said:

A true hunter worth his salt won't violate the law, or even take questionable shots. I won't shoot a sasquatch unless defending myself just like I won't shoot most bears anymore. I don't need any more dead bears........maybe one, if he's a real dandy.

Pay me to shoot them?

BOOM!

I get and respect you hunt by the law and your own moral compass.

By worth their salt I mean having the know how and technical skills, I’m sure there are plenty of hunters that don’t follow law or morals with said skills.  My point is that it ain’t no $1000 that keeps BF off the slab.  

I believe it’s either A) too damn rare and elusive to find or B ) extinct/never existed.  

Just my .02.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Twist said:

.......By worth their salt I mean having the know how and technical skills, I’m sure there are plenty of hunters that don’t follow law or morals with said skills.  My point is that it ain’t no $1000 that keeps BF off the slab.........

Few if any have the field skills to hunt down a sasquatch. A sasquatch wiuld be like a 18th Century Apache on steroids. But numerous reports tell of armed hunters stumbling on sasquatch sightings. If these guys knew that the wildlife agency actually wanted a carcass and would pay for it, they'd shoot.

No doubt on the unscrupulous hunters. The Smeja story is all over that, and again, if he had actually shot a sasquatch and knew it was worth a $1000 bill, it would be delivered.

A $1000 bounty might not keep a sasquatch off the slab. The public exposure and humanity of the creatures do that quite well. But a bounty would put a carcass on a slab within a couple years, not only for the dough, but because of the permissive nature of the bounty.

In the UK Documentary "Bigfoot Files" they show that guy who says he shot 2 Bigfoot, a large one and a baby... He reenacts what he did for the documentary and he was sitting in the passenger seat of a vehicle looking for something to shoot when he saw the Bigfoot in his scope and decided to shoot it!  He was in the Sierras in California, is it not illegal to shoot animals from your vehicle in California?  The big one ran off, the other supposedly died as he stood over it, then he buried it because he thought he would get in trouble, the Documentary makes him look like an idiot and the blood on his boots came back as no DNA on it.  But every Bigfoot Hair samples they got from Bigfoot Groups came back as Elk, Bear, Deer...  The UK Documentary seemed to have an agenda to sweep the entire Bigfoot, Yeti and Almasty Mysteries under the carpet and conclude CASE CLOSED no evidence worth Squat or Squatch in this case! lol

8 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Few if any have the field skills to hunt down a sasquatch. A sasquatch wiuld be like a 18th Century Apache on steroids. But numerous reports tell of armed hunters stumbling on sasquatch sightings. If these guys knew that the wildlife agency actually wanted a carcass and would pay for it, they'd shoot.

No doubt on the unscrupulous hunters. The Smeja story is all over that, and again, if he had actually shot a sasquatch and knew it was worth a $1000 bill, it would be delivered.

A $1000 bounty might not keep a sasquatch off the slab. The public exposure and humanity of the creatures do that quite well. But a bounty would put a carcass on a slab within a couple years, not only for the dough, but because of the permissive nature of the bounty.

but all the rewards out there for 1 Million Dollars plus for a Bigfoot Body, you'd think someone would have bagged one by now and forget the rewards you'd make a lot for than a Million Dollars off of it!  One should be on a disection table by now but nothing yet...

31 minutes ago, SackScratch said:

.......but all the rewards out there for 1 Million Dollars plus for a Bigfoot Body, you'd think someone would have bagged one by now .......

What reward? Offered by whom? There's a big difference between a reward offered by a shyster and a government bouty. First and foremost, even if the reward was paid, you might have to give it all to lawyers to keep you out of jail, where a government bounty is as good as gold.

And not all government bounties are alike. I'd love to shoot El Chapo's sons and collect on those bounties, but that might be a bit dangerous for a lone gunman, not just because of his own protection, but that of the Mexican government. 

?????????and forget the rewards you'd make a lot for than a Million Dollars off of it!.........

Good advice. I forgot about supposed riches from a sasquatch body after reading about Paul de Chaillu bringing back the first gorilla carcass. Talk about a royal screwing.........

BFF Patron
45 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I think for every ten shots taken by a bounty hunter at a "sasquatch" there would be one dead or severely wounded human.  I see where this is going.   Reason:  many of these would again be road-side hunters putatively like Smeja. 

Same nonsense that should keep costumed humans from taking on an air of Sasquatch on the roadside.

11 hours ago, Huntster said:

A true hunter worth his salt won't violate the law, or even take questionable shots. I won't shoot a sasquatch unless defending myself just like I won't shoot most bears anymore. I don't need any more dead bears........maybe one, if he's a real dandy.

Pay me to shoot them?

BOOM!

I will pay you 1000 dollars for a dead Squatch..... no questions asked. And I will go to my grave protecting yer identity. Scouts honor!

I found it dead in the woods.

3 hours ago, Twist said:

I get and respect you hunt by the law and your own moral compass.

By worth their salt I mean having the know how and technical skills, I’m sure there are plenty of hunters that don’t follow law or morals with said skills.  My point is that it ain’t no $1000 that keeps BF off the slab.  

I believe it’s either A) too damn rare and elusive to find or B ) extinct/never existed.  

Just my .02.

I agree.

1 hour ago, bipedalist said:

I think for every ten shots taken by a bounty hunter at a "sasquatch" there would be one dead or severely wounded human........

Agreed. Of the dead or injured people, a good percentage would be idiots in monkey suits. We have already had those get dead getting hit by cars. So? Good riddance. I've been shot on two different occasions while hunting, and neither time was I mistaken as a sasquatch (although I'm often called a Neanderthal). Life is dangerous, unless one stays home and pays environmental taxes like government wants, and you might still fall from a stool in the kitchen and kill yourself.

This "dead people" excuse is exactly what our benevolent government will use to negate my suggestion, but it does not make me incorrect. If somebody shoots a man and says he thought he was shooting a sasquatch, prosecute him. You're going to prosecute him anyway. And the bounty is rescinded after the first sasquatch is produced. It doesn't remain in effect forever.

The bottom line is that until you officially open a season on sasquatches, the phony line about hunters producing one and then getting somehow rich is false. Ain't gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, norseman said:

I will pay you 1000 dollars for a dead Squatch..... no questions asked. And I will go to my grave protecting yer identity. Scouts honor!

I found it dead in the woods........

Thanks for the offer, but I need only one guarantee from government: no criminal prosecution, which means no legal threat to my Second Amendment rights. They can keep their money.

BFF Patron

If the government ever wanted a bigfoot body they likely have gotten it already.     They really would not post a public bounty.   They seem to want to keep existence quiet.     Putting out a bounty there would be so much publicity and outrage from the Sierra Club and other similar organizations,   in a few hours some judge would have an injunction in place preventing it.    In the case of a rogue BF killing humans,   they would probably send in some military unit or a government hunter if they are animals.   If they are human,  then I wonder if they would send in US Marshals?     Since the military dealt with problem NA tribes,  that precedent has already been established.     Somehow I think we have enough stories of military units tracking down BF there must be something to the stories.    

I would say the probability of someone being able to shoot and keep a BF is near zero.     It will be taken away by some government agency.   No way to make money if that happens.   

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

What reward? Offered by whom? There's a big difference between a reward offered by a shyster and a government bouty. First and foremost, even if the reward was paid, you might have to give it all to lawyers to keep you out of jail, where a government bounty is as good as gold.

And not all government bounties are alike. I'd love to shoot El Chapo's sons and collect on those bounties, but that might be a bit dangerous for a lone gunman, not just because of his own protection, but that of the Mexican government. 

Good advice. I forgot about supposed riches from a sasquatch body after reading about Paul de Chaillu bringing back the first gorilla carcass. Talk about a royal screwing.........

I googled "Bigfoot Reward" and saw several for $1 Million each but a quick cash out would be to call all the major networks Fox, CNN, MSNBC and tell them you have a Bigfoot Body and willing to give it to the highest bidder or get a lawyer to set it up and make it legal and split the millions!  What is it Skamania County Washington or something that makes it illegal to shoot one with a measly $10,000 Fine or one year in jail... 

I just googled it...that's what it is and was made into law in 1974, not much deterrent considering the money available by bagging one, I remember seeing it talked about in the 1975 Documentary called Mysterious Monsters.  In 45 years noone has bagged one in Skamania County yet... 

René Dahinden in the 1975 Documentary "Mysterious Monsters": "Only way is to Shoot one to Prove It Exists" but he changed his mind by the 1998 interview shown in "Sasquatch Odyssey" saying he didn't agree with shooting one and blamed Grover Krantz for coming up with the idea!  He pretty much blamed Grover Krantz for everything under the sun! lol

6 minutes ago, SackScratch said:

I googled "Bigfoot Reward" and saw several for $1 Million each ..........

Reference, please.

17 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

If the government ever wanted a bigfoot body they likely have gotten it already.     They really would not post a public bounty.   They seem to want to keep existence quiet.     Putting out a bounty there would be so much publicity and outrage from the Sierra Club and other similar organizations,   in a few hours some judge would have an injunction in place preventing it.........

Agreed, which goes a long way toward explaining why government chooses to keep their existence secret.

BFF Patron

Well no one has claimed to bag a bigfoot in Skamania County yet but given the number of missing people in the county woods,   I would not bet that bigfoot has not bagged a few humans.    

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

Reference, please.

Agreed, which goes a long way toward explaining why government chooses to keep their existence secret.

https://kdvr.com/2017/06/27/1-million-reward-offered-for-tips-that-lead-to-capture-of-bigfoot/amp/ 

https://kdvr.com/2017/06/27/1-million-reward-offered-for-tips-that-lead-to-capture-of-bigfoot/amp/ 

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/502293/there’s-1-million-bounty-bigfoot-pennsylvania 

This is from 2008 but they offered $1 Million just for a verified photo of a Bigfoot! 

https://www.cnet.com/news/are-the-bigfoot-trackers-after-a-1000000-online-reward/ 

BFF Patron

A verified picture of Bigfoot?    The word "verified"  ensures they will never pay out any money.       You would have to get the picture then shoot the bigfoot to demonstrate it is the same creature in the picture.   

3 minutes ago, SackScratch said:

From your first reference:

......The founder of the company, Carmine “Tom” Biscardi, calls himself “The Godfather of Bigfoot.”........

This almost makes me not waste time with your following references. It is exactly why I asked tor references. Any con artist can offer a million dollar reward. Don't you know who Biscardi is? Where do you think he's going to get a million bucks to pay such a reward?

Your second link is the same as the first.

Your third link is a different "news" reference to the Biscardi reward.

Your fourth link is from a presumably valid reward payer, but the "verifiable" photo they'll pay for is the clue. Why didn't Pattersion die a millionaire? All he got for a full minute of moving footage was hostility.

The key here is to get government on board. Until that happens, discovery without coverup or prosecution is not possible.

The Beer company offered $1 Million and all of that is from page one of Google!  What about the Georgia Group offering $1 Million and Field and Stream offering $1 Million just for a verifiable photo of a Bigfoot and noone claimed it!  Ya would think a photo would be easier than bagging one but noone could even get a good pic... It was from a few seconds Googling "Bigfoot Reward" and I only looked at page 1...  It also had Stacy Brown Jr. supposedly getting $10 Million for a Flir video from Spike TV.