The Jacobs Photo Is A Juvenile Sasquatch

Guest Forbig

As far not being being able to agree on evidence, a big part of that has to do with the ambiguity of certain evidence, such as the Jacobs photos. It is their very ambiguity that makes them poor evidence behind which to take a stand. The fact that many have done so seems, well, folly, in my opinion, or perhaps there is some other reason that some folks have backed these pics as genuine.

I'm the one that started this thread and I started it as an experiment. If you remember it was right after a similar thread with the opposite title that was called "The Jacobs Photo Is a bear." I wanted to see if people were more interested in talking about how it could be a Sasquatch rather than why it could be a bear. The bear thread fizzled immediatley after a few posts, this thread took off and grew much larger than I ever expected.

This proves people would rather talk about how this might be a Sasquatch.

The title was never because I back them as genuine but I do give them as much of a chance as I do most of the other evidence. ;)

This proves people would rather talk about how this might be a Sasquatch.

No, it proves nothing at all. That's flawed logic. It 'might be' that people are so puzzled by the bear claim that they feel compelled to jump in and try to understand why people are so vested in the topic that they'll accept that as a sasquatch.

Guest RedRatSnake

I wanted to see if people were more interested in talking

wishing about how it could be a Sasquatch rather than why could be a it was bear.

Tim :P

Tim :P

Nice one Tim regardless, its been a good thread and I learned a lot more about this case just by looking stuff up (except for that mess I got into on page 8-9). If nothing else I also have new found respect for Saskeptic who came to my rescue.

Guest RedRatSnake

Hi

Over the years here and on other BF forums i have found that the best conversations or debate have come when folks are not so stuck on what they personally believe, you can't expect others to pull up a chair and put all they got into something if they can't get a word in edge wise, be flexible and respectful and give others a chance to speak what they think and talk it over from there.

Ya some like to get in ones face and debate down to the molecular level and that's cool but there far and few, ill add that there also needed for that balance, so too get the best audience IMHO is too keep it both fun and interesting while always being aware that it ain't just screen names posting it's people ~

And for heaven's sake if poor ole ~ COGrizzly ~ comes in and try's to liven things up in his own way, give the guy a break and go with it ~ :lol:

Tim :)

Why do we have to listen to the OLD guy? Why can't we choose to listen to the YOUNGER guy in the video who thinks it could be faked? Why is the OLD guy's word more credible than the other guy's? Maybe he's suffering from dementia?

Nah the kid is a denialist and the intelligent old guy is a retired lab tech in his late sixties.

I like all the good Sasquatch pictures but I’m only after physical evidence, pictures will never do the trick. I like to use my night vision and sample bags over a camera. Last night I was hunting for Sasquatch in White Hall NY when at 3 am I found a flat bug with a shell and no wings that lights up? It wasn’t like the lightning bugs I’ve seen in the spring so I showed my 3 friends and my oldest son (all with me) and none of us have ever seen anything like it. We all lived in SW NY most of our lives so I figured it might be rare and I brought it home. Maybe somebody here knows what it is?

post-987-030730000 1316959328_thumb.jpg

Hey Forbig, it looks like a bug that we've always referred to as a "Glow Worm" around east TN. I don't know the propper name for them but they sure are interesting the first time you discover one. I think thier season might not be as long as a fireflys because they don't appear to be really common.

Hey Forbig, it looks like a bug that we've always referred to as a "Glow Worm" around east TN. I don't know the propper name for them but they sure are interesting the first time you discover one. I think thier season might not be as long as a fireflys because they don't appear to be really common.

That's cool, just when you thought you seen everything. . .:)

Nah the kid is a denialist and the intelligent old guy is a retired lab tech in his late sixties.

I like all the good Sasquatch pictures but I’m only after physical evidence, pictures will never do the trick. I like to use my night vision and sample bags over a camera. Last night I was hunting for Sasquatch in White Hall NY when at 3 am I found a flat bug with a shell and no wings that lights up? It wasn’t like the lightning bugs I’ve seen in the spring so I showed my 3 friends and my oldest son (all with me) and none of us have ever seen anything like it. We all lived in SW NY most of our lives so I figured it might be rare and I brought it home. Maybe somebody here knows what it is?

post-987-030730000 1316959328_thumb.jpg

I've never seen one in that shape before so I googled it and was amazed to find them in so many different shapes. I had no idea there was such a variety of them. Some really neat pics here. Glow Worms

Guest Giganto Guru

This was never proven to be a bear, the survey at the location has shown its primate looking proportions are very real. I'm suprised here more that some are engaged in trying to convince everyone it was a bear. If this were obvious it wouldn't of went as far as it did. Many people and some experts have commented that it looks like a chimpanzee over a bear. These images are far from a blobsquatch it appears to have a head shaped like a gorilla and a body to match. The four picture comparison as it turns into an ape is the most compelling overy any bear comparison. Those that complain it's poor evidence have a poor excuse because all the bigfoot evidence thus far is poor.

If we knew bigfoot was real Occam's Razor would tell us this bigfoot looking creature that waited twenty seven minutes for the bears to leave is a juvenile sasquatch.

I'm suprised here more that some are engaged in trying to convince everyone it was a bear. If this were obvious it wouldn't of went as far as it did.

The problem is that nothing is obvious. It's an ambiguous set of photos of a creature at an odd angle. Is it a bear? Probably, because of Occam's razor. Is it a bigfoot? If it is, it's certainly not obvious. It's an odd set of photos that will always remain ambiguous.

Surely, if the creature walks the woods, more definitive photographs could be possible.

I would not hang any hat on the Jacob photos, other than obscure, indefinite, odd photos. These photos cannot be held up to be anything but oddities.

Guest Giganto Guru

The problem is that nothing is obvious. It's an ambiguous set of photos of a creature at an odd angle. Is it a bear? Probably, because of Occam's razor. Is it a bigfoot? If it is, it's certainly not obvious. It's an odd set of photos that will always remain ambiguous.

Surely, if the creature walks the woods, more definitive photographs could be possible.

I would not hang any hat on the Jacob photos, other than obscure, indefinite, odd photos. These photos cannot be held up to be anything but oddities.

When was a definitive photograph ever possible? Nothing to do with bigfoot is obvious, skeptical people have always said that footprints are obviously fake, the Patterson film is obviously a man, sightings are obviously tricks that were played...

Meh, I think the PGF probably genuine. Yet it's been 44 years. I believe sharp photographs would galvanize the bigfoot community, along with much of the general public. I believe it's not in the bigfoot community's best interest to complain nothing will ever suffice. Sharp, non-ambiguous photographs aren't proof positive, but would surely spark increased interest.

Guest Giganto Guru

I also would like it to be all genuine yet so far we have nothing other than interesting evidence. Some are a little better than others but none stands out as supreme when they all have faults. As the case of this evidence the cream does rise to the top once in a while when it's so good it makes world news.

• 4 years later...

According to this article the Jacob's photo is not a juvenile sasquatch. "I shared the photos with the bear biologist," said Jerry Feaser of the Game Commission. "There is no question it is a bear with a severe case of mange." 

http://www.bradfordera.com/news/what-is-it/article_b798b8a8-599a-5b4a-bc49-fcca14441df2.html

According to this article mange is a nagging threat to Pennsylvania black bears.

http://archive.ldnews.com/outdoors/ci_28383476/outdoors-mange-is-nagging-threat-pa-black-bears

So I would have to go with not a juvenile sasquatch.

• Upvote 1